Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mlevy420
    replied
    Thanks a ton for sharing this. Very awesome pics and great instructions. I have not tried a screen yet because of all the jacked up info ive received on how to properly do it. This totally makes sense now. Hoping for a killer harvest for you on these. Awesome sauce 100%!!!

Leave a comment:

• SommerVirelli
    commented on 's reply
    I was worried I wouldn’t be able to fill it all but I think I was wrong lol

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great! I’ve been doing a lot of manifolds lately bc I’ve been growing 4-6 different strains at a time. Your grow is already making me want to go back to screens. Excellent coverage

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a great way of putting it!

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    Week 1 Flower

The girls are showing hairs and have already filled the tent with new growth from their heavy defoliation last week. The two phenotypes in the front are much shorter than the other two, so there is a lot more empty space to fill while the longer phenos have already run out of room on their side of the tent. I helped fill the space in the front by putting a mother of a different strain that I sexed.

I won’t be able to do a whole lot more with tucking branches with most of the girls. I’ll just have to wait until week 3 when I will do one last defoliation session. After that, they are on auto pilot.

I also finally dialed the lights to 100% from their 50% Veg strength. I honestly thought I did this already but all is good now. Hanging height: 25”.

Leave a comment:

• SommerVirelli
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Yeah a lot of growers use a screen and will let the branches grow straight up and through the screen. This absolutely is not a scrog. It is simply a trellis. Nothing wrong with it but still. All scrogs are trellises but not all trellises are scrogs 😁

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    I just saw this thread from another post you made. Nice work! Since joining GWE I’ve seen a lot a f’d up looking ScrOG attempts. You’re the only person on here I’ve seen start your training under the screen from the start like I do. When I started that just seemed rational to me and how I thought it should be done. Many successful grows later and I’m glad I didn’t read the majority of ScrOG tutorials because halfway through them I’m thinking to myself this writer has never scrog’d a plant in their life and they’re writing a tutorial teaching someone how to screw up. Cant wait to see that sea of fat buds in a few weeks👍🏻

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Isn’t that the worst? The first auto I ever grew was called C4 and it’s freaking awful. Smells bad and taste worse. It’s actually a great head buzz to kickstart the day but I have to get myself mentally prepared to smoke it lol

• SommerVirelli
    commented on 's reply
    golfnrl yes what you’re seeing left over are the growth tips with their own fan leaves and node sites. This will be enough for the plant to absorb the energy it needs from the light.
    Last edited by SommerVirelli; 12-14-2020, 05:12 AM. Reason: Clarification and grammar.

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    Wow...thx SommerVirelli... in the pic Plant C after, are those the growth tips that are now exposed to light?

• SommerVirelli
    commented on 's reply
    9fingerleafs yeah it’s time to start weaving some of them back towards the center. We’ll get there!

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good pancake. Don’t forget the center of the plant. I would pull back one of the longest outgoing branches so it comes back to the center after reaching the edge

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    Wow, this is great stuff, Thx SommerVirelli I understand Scrogging much better now.

The level of defoliation you do is amazing. Is that possible on most strains, or just Rawton?

How many major colas will you have when the flowering stretch is over? Any guess yet on Yield from the screen?

Looking forward to following your grow.

-Grouchy
    grouchyoldman thanks man. I would say it’s possible to most strains. Start by taking a handful of leaves at first, and seeing how the plant responds in the next couple of days. For the major colas, I should have main 4 colas per plant. The idea behind scrog is making all the growth the same height. This actually turns every bud along the screen into a top. This is the first time I’ve grown this strain so we will see what kind of buds and yield we will get. In my 4 x 4 tent with my 480w LED I average 2 pounds dry. My last grow with Early Lemon Berry R1 came to 1 lb 13 oz I believe.

​​​

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, this is great stuff, Thx SommerVirelli I understand Scrogging much better now.

The level of defoliation you do is amazing. Is that possible on most strains, or just Rawton?

How many major colas will you have when the flowering stretch is over? Any guess yet on Yield from the screen?

Looking forward to following your grow.

-Grouchy

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    These pics show the entire tent as before and after. For those who don’t do heavy leaf removal like I do, it can be shocking to see. It’s true there are some strains that don’t respond well to this kind of stress. That’s something every grower must gauge on the first fan leaf removal. In my case with this strain, the responded very well showed no sign of slowed growth.

It looks like I’ve done something horrible because it looks so bare. In 3 days they should be healed and ready for 12/12, and after 3 weeks there will be so much more growth that I will have to do this all over again so that the flowers can keep receiving the light they need.

This takes some time and careful effort, as you can see in the last pic. A grocery bag stuffed full of leaves. These will go into the compost pile and used later. I hope I did a good job of showing my style of defoliation and explaining why it’s done. If you follow the grow you’ll see why too. I’ve been growing like this for a long time and I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor.

DONE

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X