No announcement yet.

root aphids 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plan for next year. I have 4 plants that have no root aphids. I plan to do same thing as I did this year with them.
    I will not keep anything under trees. I will plant 2 weeks after root aphids done flying. All plants on tables with steel legs with tangle foot on legs. 1000 sq. ft. ground cover (heavy plastic and gravel ) under tables. Clear all brush 10 feet back from this. Cut down some small trees so no trees near grow area. 10lbs. $400. worth of PF-97 for all season as prevent. Thank you to all who responded. I was so happy to see so much advice and some research. Good job folks. Any ideas to add to my plan for next year I would love to hear. Here is pic of plant I first posted about. It will make it but will see about quality. It is golden tiger planted first week June.

Comment

Maybe lay sheets of tin over the soil, the sun will bake them in the soil, kill all the grass too. Not all of us have tin.

Comment

Well that seems just a little on the extreme side if you ask me and it would probably just be easier for you to grow a rock garden. At least you could still get stoned when you were done
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

LOL My land here grows rocks very well, I'll have to get some pics. Also of the tin laid out over a new garden area.

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            From experience I know that rocks are pretty easy to grow and why I recommend them. As long as you water them with roundup a couple times a year they're beautiful. Much easier than MJ 4sure and other than a few black widows bugs aren't a problem

A while back I was using vinegar to lower pH. After a little testing I realized the pH of the water went back up after an hour or two. Instead of using the Tang colored pH down, what about using vinegar? No flush? Maybe better for the soil?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X