No announcement yet.

Rolling papers, whats the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm old school. I use "Lords" 100% hemp ultra thin no gum (that sometimes gets tricky, but when your old school that just part of smoking a j.) Anyway only place I can find them is on the web if your curious. Nothing against the cones and all that but whats working for me aint broken
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Thanx to all! Old school, I may be guilty of that, and I dont roll pin joints. One of my all time favs was the 1 paper that came in the Big Bamboo LP, now that made a party joint! I'll keep an eye out for the cancer shops, their are some around, and several vape shops in the area. And know I now more what i may be looking for.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember that dank skunk, walk in and folks look at you cause they know what you have! And some put down the joint they are smoking so they can get what you have. Luv that shit!
        I have used a lot of those Chech and Chong papers, back then I had so much weed I told folks you bring the paper I'll roll a joint!

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of skunk, in 83 I got on a flight from SF to Miami with a 1/4 lb. of skunk bud and 3 live indica plants.  I took a hanging suit holder, the plants were in 16 oz styro cups with paper over the dirt and taped down, leaving the stalk and leaves above.  I put an empty cup over it and taped that around the seam to secure.  Looked kinda ike a lava lamp. My Levi jacket was hanging inside with 4 ziplock bags of the buds taped to the inside. of the jacket  I put one plant across the bottom of the bag and the other two standing up along the sides of the suit bag.  When I laid it on the metal detector belt, the agents didn't even notice.  I put it in the storage compartment with all the other suit holders.  I barely made the flight so my bag was the last one in.  When we landed, I opened the compartment and woosh, the whole area smelled like skunk (didn't have a seal o' meal), everybody standing near me said what is that smell, it's like a skunk in here?  Set my pals up with the plants and partied for 2 weeks.  Buds were the original One Hit Wonder.  NO ONE could take the second hit on a J without crashing.  Nobody knew what skunk bud was back then. The good ole days pre-TSA! True story!

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        In 82 I flew from Kansas City to Tucson with 4 pounds skunk in seal a meal bags in a checked bag to Tucson. Those were the days!! No one in Tucson had ever seen anything like it.

Old days it was ZigZag's. I started smoking tobacco with rolled rag ends out of a pouch or can about age 13. Quit tobacco decades ago and have converted to raw singles. Not into big fat joints that have trouble burning evenly or pin joints burn too fast. Singles with a paper filter are perfect for me.
      Funny but now that I have grown so much I usually throw out the last 1/3 of most joints as it gets harsher.
      Nice to have a large reserve.

Comment

It was buckets in my youth 2litre bottles slso did them in them massive whisky bottles u keep your change in and it was black layer weed layer plastic were they hadnt bothered to remove it mad days

Comment

• buds73
          buds73 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol did a few buckets myself in my younger days. I was lucky enough to be around when all you could get was hash, mostly morrocan soapbar (rocky), squidgy black, gold seal and red seal black. those were the days lol. I remember when it first started to get bunky though and you started finding plastic and other crap in it. i stopped smoking it at that point and turned to bud. Would love to get some old school rocky but whenever i ask about that stuff these days best they can offer is the crap solid stuff.

This is what I've been using lately. I usually get the Raw blacks because they're super thin. These aren't too bad either though. I used to only use ZigZags because that's what I grew up with, but I'll never go back to those if the others are available. I love the trip down memory lane with the different types of papers everyone uses, or used to use. I never could roll with those damn wires in the papers, not sure why. I get mine from the smoke shop. There's so many different brands now though it can be overwhelming.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yellow wheat straw zig-zag, old school, nuff said !

Comment

I haven't tried the corn husk, maybe some day it does sound interesting, need to grow some Jamaican to put in it. I did try this once, setting in a stall out of papers and no pipe handy, I looked at the roll of TP hanging there and saw rolling papers. Well I plucked off a square and soon had a joint rolled. What a failure, to much ventilation, could not light it or get any draw through it. I so wanted to get high at that moment.

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              When I was a teen and just starting my life down the Mary-Jane Lane, I once used a JuicyFruit wrapper. It probably had more THC than that dirt weed that was available at the time.

I'm still no damned good at rolling after all these years. Back in the early 70's we would take the cigs from a Marlboro hard pack and replace them with a dozen or so doobs. We used a little red roller thing and it rolled consistent and true every time. We'd walk about doing our business making sure one of us had the actual cigs so we could smoke walking about. Of course we had to push things and toke up (each) and walk about town smoking away. Today I use the dollar bill method but my grind or whatever doesn't seem to draw well in a joint.
            TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
            EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
            AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
            IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              What are you using to grind it up OP? A quality grinder makes a world of difference, especially with the kinds of herb we're smoking now vs the old bale and brick weed. It's near impossible for me to break it up by hand and get a good burning j, I have a cheap ass grinder that barely does any better but kept my fingers from getting so sticky I have to clean my hands for 5 minutes before rolling it. My wife uses a slightly better one that works ok. I use a Mendo Mulcher now and I'm pretty happy with it. I've used a Santa Cruz Shredder and they make a real nice one too but will cost you even more. I have heard great things about but have not yet tried the Brilliant Cut. They have lots of color options if you're into that but they have fine, medium and coarse grind plates and no threads!

• Xena
              Xena commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow....I still use a pair of scissors as a grinder. Too much to relearn.

• Mazzariman
              Mazzariman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, scissors for me too. Just remove the lumber first , and cut it up with my trimming scissors.

First place had "Raw" but tobacco flavored, I'm sure some folks like that, not me!
            Second place had white and red Zig Zags, good enuf hunts over (for now) time to go roll a joint!

Comment

Well, how did it go? I just rolled this one to smoke while I shop for some square Club Modianos.

A mix of Cinderella Jack and Lemon Skunk x Strawberry Cheesecake herb with some blended (GSC, BDH, NL, Vader) 73 micron dry ice kief wrapped up in an Elements king size slim rice paper smeared with MAC oil.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200916_192008.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	449483Click image for larger version

Name:	20200916_192800.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	449484Click image for larger version

Name:	20200916_195817.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	449485

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                OK i was just going to read not log in but heck when i saw this by you FBL i began to smile. Outstanding doobie i been rolling some kief into the LS x SC autos man is that curing great

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn that looks tasty!

• Mazzariman
                Mazzariman commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a Bitchin reefer! Gotta get those Club M's! They're definitely worth whatever you have to pay. Truly a Blast From The Past!

I buy the element papers in bulk, the boxes aren’t too bad in price and I love the little magnet case they have to stop other papers from getting messed up

Comment

Originally posted by Yamkoos View Post
                I buy the element papers in bulk, the boxes aren’t too bad in price and I love the little magnet case they have to stop other papers from getting messed up
                Me too, I just opened a box a few days ago, only 3 packs gone. Smoking buds bigger than the dispensaries XL bottle requires lots of papers.
                Strawberry Cheesecake auto
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_134754.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	449519

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This one most definitely did not come from a dispensary. That's their 1/2 ounce bottle. They don't even have a display jar big enough to fit this at my local.

• Mazzariman
                  Mazzariman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right, I took some samples of my larger buds to a disp 5 years ago. Their buyer loved it, but when he said they only buy in 10 lb. quantities, I said are you freaking kidding me, if I had 10 lbs. what would I be coming in here for! Haven't been in one since

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just bought me 4pkg of moon blue pkg. I have not tried those yet, i've been rolling with the raw just no cones.

do non of u put tobaco in your joints

Comment

• crucialbunny
                  crucialbunny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I live in a very eclectic neighborhood. Ghetto meets Beverly Hills type place and the prevalent choice here seems to be blunt smoking. I gave one young neighborhood guy a joint of some extremely fine weed and he I learned later that he unrolled it and put it in a blunt. He is forever off my gifting list.

• Mazzariman
                  Mazzariman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Putting tobacco in your weed is straight up sacrilege! That's chip blowing material! Oh my gosh, like gag me with a spoon!

• AccidentalGardener
                  AccidentalGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My boy made one out of a Swisher Sweet and I said, " If you light that in my kitchen, I will cut your hair while you sleep."

No it's not widely done here growell . I remember as teenagers we would try and make blunts.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

most people here in uk do u must have to keep lighting every 2 seconds know wonder u all grow cost u a fortune that joint funkybutt show pic of must have 2gram in it £20 over here that without the oil think that £60 gram is it cheap over there or are we just tight over here i will have to try it when mine ready i just didnt think it would burn properly

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey growell here they sell full 1 gram joints like FBL has called pre-rolls. Depending on the strain top dollar joints might go $7.00 ea. But they also sell 1/2 gram joints by the 10pkg like cigs. Those go for about $21.00 not bad. But i only go there when i screw up my grow timing. I was buying to help supplement my auto harvest but we are looking good now won't need to buy hopefully not for a very long time.

• AccidentalGardener
                    AccidentalGardener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SoOrbudgal I'm going down there to buy my weed, LOL. $15 for a 1g premium pre-roll up here and then it burnses! So gross. growell I can't keep a joint lit, either. I just hang onto the lighter, lol.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X