Rolling papers, whats the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling papers, whats the best?

Ok may sound odd, but I have not bought rolling papers in 20 years, so I have no idea whats out there. I was given some "skunk" brand a couple of years ago, and had a very old pack of zig zags, all used up now. I have seen the cellulose papers, I thought was neat they are clear, but kinda scared me looking like suran wrap (certainly did not taste like plastic).
    I stopped buying papers as every one gave you the evil eye walking out with them, laws have changed. Hell, I dont even know where to look for rolling papers anymore (near Tulsa/Sapulpa), or what is the best, cleanest paper to use. So all y'all, whats the best rolling paper these days? And if your near my area where the hell do you get them?
    All right you can stop laughing and give an old hippy thats out of touch some tips on rolling papers.

What I use. These are 1 1/4 leaf papers. I hadn't bought papers in years either. Although I prefer the single leaf paper because I like skinny joints. Bought these at Ezy's House of Dank. Seen 'em at a couple of vape stores around Tulsa as well.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Rizla, Big Bamboo. Try ordering a case off the internet. I checked Rolling paper depot for Rizla but they were out of stock. In a pinch, i like to use the inner most husks of a corn cob. Now this is some super old school jamican spliff rolling technology but hear me out. I save those delicate inner husks and let them air dry for a few days. I save a couple of outer husks too and tear them into long thin strips while green to be used as ties. Load up your herb into the inner husk being generous, about enough for two fatties using normal papers. Use just enough of the inner husk to do the job without too much unnecessary over lap. Using the ties, tie them up in 3-4 places and trim the ends of the spliff. If I’m rolling it alone, I’ll prepare the ties by tieing one overhand knot so i have a loop i can slide over the spliff before i tighten it down then after those are in place I’ll lock the knot down with another overhand knot. As you burn it you slide the ties down so they don’t burn. Very smooth. One if these may last a whole day or two depending on your rate of consumption. Since i believe you are old school i decided to share this. It has served me well in a pinch. If i still smoked i would still prefer this method. Edibles at this time for me.
      Last edited by Korn; 09-06-2020, 10:01 AM.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        Au Natural! Kinda reminds me of something we used to do in So. Humboldt. Take a nice bud, hold it by the stem, light it on fire, and snort the smoke in through your nose! Instantly clears your sinuses, and give a tremendous head rush. we were kinda decadent as we had mass quantities of primo stuff.

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        I have done that too! It was fun but burned a bit. Thx fir sharin Mazzariman

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Glad I'm not alone with that pain! Thanks!

I like RAW (https://rawthentic.com/) papers personally but also used to get a kick out of Randy's (https://randys.com/)as they have a metal wire in them that helps when smoking roaches. Used to use those Randy's back in high school. The RAW papers i feel burn better and you can get "tips" which basically leave a space where there would be a filter for a cigarette so you dont need a roach clip. I use Amazon to order my stuff but have seen the papers at head shops and discount cigarette stores. I also cheat and use a rolling machine. I used to be able to roll some beautiful joints but the simple rolling machines make it easy and quick. Especially for those with arthritis or issues with their hands.

Comment

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        They say necessity is the mother of invention. We were lucky to be amongst the trailblazers that helped shape the future.

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        Where can you get those little Bibles? We used fight over who got to eat da roach! Forgot about that, thanks for the memory!

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Jokers had a wire in em I think it was jokers man that was years ago

I'm a fan of regular ole OCB 1 1/4" unbleached papers. Nothing fancy.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Orange pack of zig-zag for me, the O.G. of rolling papers.

Comment

I use and prefer Elements ultra thin rice papers, they also make hemp and that is their red line. All use a thin layer of sugar gum (doesn't add flavor) for the sticky.

Here's a quick breakdown of the different sizes -
          Single Wide which is like an old Top or Bugler size (for short, skinny joints).
          Next up is 1 ¼ (or French or Spanish size) and that is just over ¼" longer and nearly ½" wider, holds about 25% more product and is the most common of all the sizes (orange Zig Zags are this size and it's the most common for a reason, it is a great, versatile size that satisfies nearly everyone).
          The next size up is 1 ½ which holds 50% more product than a Single Wide and this time it's only due to added width so it's great for regular length fatties but only good for fatties, you'll smoke excess paper rolling normal joints.
          Next is my personal favorite, the King Size Slim and that one is the same width as the standard 1 ¼ but adds about an inch in length.
          The biggest we'll get into here is the King Size and that one is the same length as the KSS (just over 4") but adds an additional ¼" in width.

I can bring you some orange Zig Zags (wife's favorite) and Elements rice king size slim to try as we buy them both by the box and always have them on hand.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
            AccidentalGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, you are an encyclopedia. I keep googling stuff and all I get back is "Go ask FunkyButt"

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            But I can't remember to change the laundry or call my mom for her birthday or where I put my watch or to eat....

I can't even to remember to keep researching the varieties that might be high in Geraniol, Delta 3 Carene and Cineol (Eucalyptol) so I can start trying to develop medicine that might actually help my memory instead of just chucking pollen to make things that sound like more fun.

I get mine from a fella on ebay. Why because he's cheaper and free S/H i get 5 pkgs at a time sometimes i buy OCB or zig zag. King size and 1 1/4 got both
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I’ve used the OCB, they’re okay, mainly use ZZ (white or orange) or JOB. I prefer the JOB 1.5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              Rollin' up them thumb sized hoglegs eh?

• Xena
              Xena commented
              Editing a comment
              No not anymore. I like the length but I tear the bottom half of paper off.

I love rolling big fatties in the cold though i gotta run hot water over my hands to limber up or do the damn dishes
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

RAW - is the paper for me - get regular size or 1 1/4 size or cones.

Can't find any? Try a store that sells cigarettes.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I use the Raws with tips. They burn more even than some other papers and are now being sold in a lot of shops that sell cigarettes. I've also used rizla hemp papers but they are not quite as good as raws. If I'm unable to get those ill use other papers but for me they have to be thin, there's too much paper in regular rolling papers spoils the taste.
              Attached Files
              3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
              Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
              Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
              Couple of fans for airflow
              First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
              Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
              Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

RAW Organic hemp, not the classic. I never learned to roll and now my hands are better at some things than others. I can shoot the bird, but rolling, meh. Used a zigzag roller until I realized it was making really crappy joints. I threw it away and now I get my kids to roll mine up. I think they recorded it once - it took the older one 15 seconds. I can't get the lid off the grinder in 15 seconds.
                Takes me twice that long to remember why I went in the other room.
                Lol

Comment

• Mazzariman
                  Mazzariman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How about the $10. lids in those old flip top baggies (pre-ziplock), where you had to lick (way pre-COVID) the top of the baggie so it would stick and stay closed?

• Korn
                  Korn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They still make those kind of baggies Mazzariman. Called fold top sandwich bags. Cheaper than zip locks and more in a box. I use twist ties to seal.

• Korn
                  Korn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did anyone ever roll up dirt weed joints for one pocket and good shit for the other pocket? Then you’d be ready for anyone you meet so so friends or special friends...

In my neck of the woods blunts seem to be the popular choice among the younger generation. I can't for the life of me understand why? Seems like an inordinate amount of work.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                  AccidentalGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gawd, they are so gross. The boys get Swisher Sweets and dump the tobacco out and fill it with good weed, thereby ruining both the terrible cheap cigar *and* the weed, lol. "OMG, go smoke that 10 miles from here..."

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used to be good at rolling blunts but I never liked them. I've never really liked tobacco with my herb, not even back when I smoked a cig right after a joint.

The definitive answer IMHO. Club Modiano made the best ungummed rice papers. Same size as a ZZ Kut Corners. Unfortunately they closed, and you can only find old stock from collectors. You have to lick the very edge and then tear that part off, so when rolled, the rough end would naturally bind. If you lit a ZZ and let it burn, there would be a small pile of ash. With these, there would be virtually no ash at all. I bought a lifetime supply on Ebay from a guy in Spain! Happy hunting!
                Warning!: Not for the novice J rollers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Papers.png
Views:	423
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	445159Click image for larger version

Name:	Papers 1.png
Views:	413
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	445160

Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• Korn
                  Korn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These are the best papers you can buy imo! I was trying to remember their name and my memory inserted Big Bamboo instead. Yes you have to rough up the edges to make it a little raggedy so it will bind. I bought a gross about 35 years ago, used about half and cant find the rest...maybe one day they’ll turn up! Right?...naw, doubt it.

• Korn
                  Korn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just checked them out on ebay! Going from 9-10 bucks a pack! Dayum, maybe someone should get into the rolling paper business. Paper aint that hard to make

• Mazzariman
                  Mazzariman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yay Korn! Glad somebody else remembers these papers. The large colorful Club plastic rolling tray was going for around $350. on Ebay as well. With burn marks and some repair to boot. A mint one would be priceless! I had one but can't remember where it is though. Dang! Mom probably sold it along with my comic books and baseball cards...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X