Am I screwed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Am I screwed!!

So I come home today, Middle off the 5th week of flower of my Alaskan purple Ive had going for a bit. and find this!!! totally pooped my pants. is she toast??? i tried to tape and brace it. I left a good nub but its gone away. Man I hope she makes it. Just looking for some experienced advise. Thanks in advance Oh my baby!!!
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

I've recently dealt with the same type of break on a plant considerably bigger than that one. I just taped it up and supported her. They are surprisingly resilient. Just keep doing what your doing, a little love and she'll be fine.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks man, looks like another softail

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats my 86 heritage. Belonged to my father in law. After she gets painted she'll be passed along to my son. You ride?

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      yes sir 09 heritage

Green bud weight can get extreme especially when it's being carried horizontally like yours. Looks like you did a good wrap job but I wouldn't trust the 2 cripples you have under the branches to carry that growing load. My suggestion is to try and support them from above. Either from the ceiling or a taller center mast.

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      ok. great idea. she seems heavy. I did undo all the tie downs

Nice field dressing! Stake em or break em is a big saying in So. Humboldt. Looks like the split is in the perfect place, hang in there! She's a beauty.
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

It will be OK she'll do fine yep just cover the wound
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

A lot of us have been through this at one time or another. You did good taping her up, good support and she'll be fine. I have a few right now that are split like this and still going fine. Freaks you out the first time but after that it's like shit, I did it again.

Comment

Same thing happened to her older sister in veg. I zip tied her shut and she never missed a beat.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200107_222016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	435462 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_222115.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	435463
          Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 08-05-2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            cool, yeah was worried. now Im watching that NLxLS making sure she dont split

A tent came down on my plant , I came on here for advice and it was suggested to splint it back up ,,It snapped about 6 inches down and is up and growing fine now ..How did you get your plant to spread out like that?

Comment

Originally posted by masshole View Post
            A tent came down on my plant , I came on here for advice and it was suggested to splint it back up ,,It snapped about 6 inches down and is up and growing fine now ..How did you get your plant to spread out like that?
            he trained it using what looks like the manifold technique. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training

Comment

• Dieselgrower
              Dieselgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              yes sir. also watched some youtube from I think was green77. has some amazing autos

Looks like you've got her repaired and going good I also think she's gonna be fine. I have a suggestion for everyone that helps alot to keep this from happening in the future.

When you top your plants leave a little bit of stem above the node instead of cutting it right at the top of the node
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Dieselgrower
              Dieselgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              i left well over an inch. I dont know if the ties were too tight but I pulled them off also. shes been veggin since 4/05 and just flipped on the 5th of july. in that time its disappeared same with the other I have both nubs gone

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I left plenty when I topped as well. My break was totally my fault. I was doing LST on half a dozen plants and this one was #5 I think so by then I was in the groove and moving fast. I was working my way around the pot pulling down and retying the wires and I failed to notice that I was pulling one of the 2 main tops that were already stretched to the max and as soon as I started easing on more tension she gave way. Luckily I was actually being careful with my pulling and I let up as soon as it started splitting so it only went an inch or so. I let free the other main branch, reached over and grabbed a ziptie and had her patched up in under a minute without ever leaving my seat.

Always keep your patch kit nearby when working with the plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X