Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I left plenty when I topped as well. My break was totally my fault. I was doing LST on half a dozen plants and this one was #5 I think so by then I was in the groove and moving fast. I was working my way around the pot pulling down and retying the wires and I failed to notice that I was pulling one of the 2 main tops that were already stretched to the max and as soon as I started easing on more tension she gave way. Luckily I was actually being careful with my pulling and I let up as soon as it started splitting so it only went an inch or so. I let free the other main branch, reached over and grabbed a ziptie and had her patched up in under a minute without ever leaving my seat.

Always keep your patch kit nearby when working with the plants.

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    i left well over an inch. I dont know if the ties were too tight but I pulled them off also. shes been veggin since 4/05 and just flipped on the 5th of july. in that time its disappeared same with the other I have both nubs gone

• MeEasy
    replied
    Looks like you've got her repaired and going good I also think she's gonna be fine. I have a suggestion for everyone that helps alot to keep this from happening in the future.

When you top your plants leave a little bit of stem above the node instead of cutting it right at the top of the node

Leave a comment:

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    yes sir 09 heritage

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    yes sir. also watched some youtube from I think was green77. has some amazing autos

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    cool, yeah was worried. now Im watching that NLxLS making sure she dont split

• UnderGrower4
    replied
    Originally posted by masshole View Post
    A tent came down on my plant , I came on here for advice and it was suggested to splint it back up ,,It snapped about 6 inches down and is up and growing fine now ..How did you get your plant to spread out like that?
    he trained it using what looks like the manifold technique. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training

Leave a comment:

• masshole
    replied
    A tent came down on my plant , I came on here for advice and it was suggested to splint it back up ,,It snapped about 6 inches down and is up and growing fine now ..How did you get your plant to spread out like that?

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    Same thing happened to her older sister in veg. I zip tied her shut and she never missed a beat.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200107_222016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	435462 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_222115.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	435463
    Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 08-05-2020, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Thats my 86 heritage. Belonged to my father in law. After she gets painted she'll be passed along to my son. You ride?

• dphipps1020
    replied
    A lot of us have been through this at one time or another. You did good taping her up, good support and she'll be fine. I have a few right now that are split like this and still going fine. Freaks you out the first time but after that it's like shit, I did it again.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    It will be OK she'll do fine yep just cover the wound

Leave a comment:

• Mazzariman
    replied
    Nice field dressing! Stake em or break em is a big saying in So. Humboldt. Looks like the split is in the perfect place, hang in there! She's a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    ok. great idea. she seems heavy. I did undo all the tie downs

• crucialbunny
    replied
    Green bud weight can get extreme especially when it's being carried horizontally like yours. Looks like you did a good wrap job but I wouldn't trust the 2 cripples you have under the branches to carry that growing load. My suggestion is to try and support them from above. Either from the ceiling or a taller center mast.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X