Colloidal silver seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colloidal silver seeds

So I'm breeding 2 autos and the 1 I sprayed with colloidal silver has pollinated itself and made seeds. Will those seeds be feminized and efficient?

I don't know but would like to when someone tells you. So I'm just saying hi so that I'm notified when someone posts an answer... good luck
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

The plant fertilized itself or the other plant? I have never heard of one pollinating itself and making seeds. I know that pollinating another female with the "feminized pollen" will create feminized seed.

Comment

• FadedSkaterBruh
        FadedSkaterBruh commented
        Editing a comment
        Both. It pollinated itself and has grown seeds and pollinated the other plant and it grew seeds.

A plant can pollinate itself in two different ways hermaphrodites grow pollen sacks like a male plant would and can pollinate itself and a banana can form containing pollen. It's mother nature's will to always find a way.

faded... your question made me wonder so I found this article on it and if I'm understanding it correctly yes your seeds will be feminized..... I put a link so you can read it and make sure for yourself...
      good luck

There are two main methods to create your own feminized cannabis seeds: the colloidal silver spray method or using rodelization.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I read the link and did not see where a colloidal silver plant will fertilize itself..It said, "This allows the grower to collect pollen from a female cannabis plant. You can use this all-female pollen to pollinate another female plant. "

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        FACT = a hermie plant can pollinate itself.... I've seen it and a banana do the same
        So if you force a plant with silver spray to become a hermaphrodite it can pollinate itself which as explained in the article the pollen will be fem pollen and you can use it to make fem seeds by pollinating female plants. Common sense says if the fem pollen pollinated the hermaphrodite plant (itself) the seeds will be fem. I just put the link so that the guy asking could read it and with common sense would make his own conclusion and possibly learn something more from the article that maybe he didn't already know.

Essentially, you're causing the plant to herm in a way. I would assume it would be very similar. I've never done the colloidal silver but I've had plants herm and pollinate themselves. As long as it's a female pollinating another female, your seeds should also be female. Just make sure to give the seeds enough time to mature or it will all be for nothing.

Comment

I'm growing autos from a plant that FunkyButtLovin self pollinated. Perhaps he will weigh in....

Comment

• FadedSkaterBruh
          Editing a comment
          I've read/heard that a true Hermie changes an x into a y male chromosome but one sprayed with silver does not so it stays xx chromosome and still makes pollen sacs and pollen. Idk how or why but that's what I've read and heard lol

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          That IS the difference. Stress vs chemical & the way the plant behaves from each.

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          OK. I was just curious

A hermie can certainly pollinate its self, the issue is it stands the greatest chance of repeating and making more hermies. Maters not whether its an auto or photo, the seeds would be feminized. A forced (whatever method) hermie has less chance (still there) of passing on the hermie gene than a natural hermie does. I have read that some think that feminizing is destroying our favorite plant and in the future will be self pollinating (all hermies).

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          This is true. The more generations you go without male DNA the better chance you'll have of hermies. Nature finds a way.

Don't smoke the plant you sprayed with silver.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Aye thank you everyone for all the tips and quick replies. I read a question asking if I pollinated a second plant. Yes. I sprayed one with silver in hopes to pollinate a second female auto which I did but the first one also pollinated itself and has made seeds. Are those seeds more likely to Hermie? I feel like the seeds from both plants should be feminized since both plants used started out feminized is that right? I'll add a pic of the silver sprayed plant. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            That is why I asked if it had pollinated itself. From what I have read on the subject it can lead to genetic anomalies (inbreeding) that can result in unfavorable mutations. My understanding is that the colloidal silver method does not create a Y chromosome like a hermie will develop, thus creating truly feminized pollen to use on other female plants to create feminized seed. It should be very interesting to see what pops from the self pollinated plant. Be sure to keep them separate from the other plant's seeds. Keep this one updated.

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Ask JDU or SoOrbudgal or Dieselgrower or Korn I think they have all grown S1s before, (as have I and many other growers who run feminized seeds) they can probably tell you about any anomalies or unfavorable mutations that they have found and can probably even tell you if there are any differences to seeds produced by using the same pollen but on a different plant from the same pack.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Not a damn thing wrong with mine. They're growin great & smell even better. You cant tell the difference.
            Last edited by JDU; 07-25-2020, 12:13 PM.

It's really hot where I'm growing hits over 100 F sometimes so they're heat stressed I know but I can't do much about that yet where I'm growing buttttt here's pictures the one on the left was sprayed with silver and there's a picture of a seed that it self pollinated. There's more seeds I just didn't take more pictures lol

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Let them ripen. Those S1 seeds (the ones in the plant that produced the pollen) will be just fine and feminized of course. If you had no issues with the plants creating male parts naturally, there is no reason to think that there will be an elevated chance of hermies in the offspring. If you're providing environmental stressors like excessive heat and other things which sometimes cause weak females to herm and you experienced no issues, you are probably breeding with stable females and should be producing good seeds that will not be prone to herm.

• FadedSkaterBruh
            Editing a comment
            Ok cool thanks man appreciate it.

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember that you can't smoke the plant that you sprayed

Originally posted by FadedSkaterBruh View Post
          So I'm breeding 2 autos and the 1 I sprayed with colloidal silver has pollinated itself and made seeds. Will those seeds be feminized and efficient?
          Yes, as long as you let them ripen up they should be just fine.

Comment

My S1 seeds well in fact every seed i've planted from FBL has germinated and came out fast and strong. I'm not just saying that i'm saying the cross breeding is very successful. These autos and i'm NOT an expert on autos but these seeds and plants are right there if not BETTER than some seeds i've paid $$ for. It takes care and passion for doing it right much appreciation FBL
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X