Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    My S1 seeds well in fact every seed i've planted from FBL has germinated and came out fast and strong. I'm not just saying that i'm saying the cross breeding is very successful. These autos and i'm NOT an expert on autos but these seeds and plants are right there if not BETTER than some seeds i've paid $$ for. It takes care and passion for doing it right much appreciation FBL

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Not a damn thing wrong with mine. They're growin great & smell even better. You cant tell the difference.
    Last edited by JDU; 07-25-2020, 12:13 PM.

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    OK. I was just curious

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    Ask JDU or SoOrbudgal or Dieselgrower or Korn I think they have all grown S1s before, (as have I and many other growers who run feminized seeds) they can probably tell you about any anomalies or unfavorable mutations that they have found and can probably even tell you if there are any differences to seeds produced by using the same pollen but on a different plant from the same pack.

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    Remember that you can't smoke the plant that you sprayed

• crucialbunny
    commented on 's reply
    That is why I asked if it had pollinated itself. From what I have read on the subject it can lead to genetic anomalies (inbreeding) that can result in unfavorable mutations. My understanding is that the colloidal silver method does not create a Y chromosome like a hermie will develop, thus creating truly feminized pollen to use on other female plants to create feminized seed. It should be very interesting to see what pops from the self pollinated plant. Be sure to keep them separate from the other plant's seeds. Keep this one updated.

• FadedSkaterBruh
    commented on 's reply
    Ok cool thanks man appreciate it.

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    Originally posted by FadedSkaterBruh View Post
    So I'm breeding 2 autos and the 1 I sprayed with colloidal silver has pollinated itself and made seeds. Will those seeds be feminized and efficient?
    Yes, as long as you let them ripen up they should be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    Let them ripen. Those S1 seeds (the ones in the plant that produced the pollen) will be just fine and feminized of course. If you had no issues with the plants creating male parts naturally, there is no reason to think that there will be an elevated chance of hermies in the offspring. If you're providing environmental stressors like excessive heat and other things which sometimes cause weak females to herm and you experienced no issues, you are probably breeding with stable females and should be producing good seeds that will not be prone to herm.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with MeEasy here for the most part.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    That IS the difference. Stress vs chemical & the way the plant behaves from each.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    This is true. The more generations you go without male DNA the better chance you'll have of hermies. Nature finds a way.

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    There's always a chance of a hermie but if you force them to hermie it WON'T make hermie seeds. It's when the plant hermies on it's own will it's DNA be tainted as a MORE likely to have hermie babies. Although it has been said that if breeders continue making hermie plants it will taint the entire DNA of cannabis making all seeds likely hermaphrodite.... more doom and gloom from the naysayers👈my opinion

• FadedSkaterBruh
    commented on 's reply
    I've read/heard that a true Hermie changes an x into a y male chromosome but one sprayed with silver does not so it stays xx chromosome and still makes pollen sacs and pollen. Idk how or why but that's what I've read and heard lol

• FadedSkaterBruh
    commented on 's reply
    Both. It pollinated itself and has grown seeds and pollinated the other plant and it grew seeds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X