Does your country support cannabis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your country support cannabis?

Over the past decade, cannabis cultivation in the US has exploded while still remaining partial on the topic. And of course, taxes lay a heavy load on medical and recreational users here, let alone having to pay dollar for dollar for "commercial" cannabis.

Every now and then, I'll swing by the dispensary and see what's new, what's popular, and everytime I am more amaxed by the price than I am anything. My personal grow setup costs 180$. Do you know what the dispensary offers for that? 9 g's. Plus tax!

So, although in the right direction, I believe US cultivation has got off on a slippery slope. Tell me, does your country promote cannabis or is it still on the balancing beam?
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

I'm in the same country as you but obviously not in same neighborhood we are paying around 10-12 bucks a g. every once in a while they'll have it for as low as 7. I don't go to the store much anymore but they email out like a weekly newsletter with their sales. We still only have Rx here well at least that's what they're calling it
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I literally have not bought weed since 1978. A friend visited about 2 weeks ago and wanted some edibles (I make a wicked rocky road fudge) but I'm cleaned out until harvest. So when she suggested we walk over to the local dispensary I jumped at the chance. I had never been to one before. It was a grim but an eye opening adventure. With the Covid thing going on it was a very business toe the line kind of vibe there. Kinda like the Jerry Seinfeld soup Nazi bit. I was hoping to browse around, ask questions, and view some product but instead it felt like boot camp and I was the grunt. Anyway, like you said, after registering to get in I am now receiving e-mail advertisements from them and I am appalled at the prices. In 1978 I was paying $10 for a one ounce bag of Acapulco Gold 5 finger bags, They sell the stuff now by the gram. By the gram! Are there any cannabis galleries around anywhere like the Tequila galleries you find in Mexico? Now that would be cool in my opinion. But back to the subject at hand, here in sunny southern California they support cannabis sales by sucking the life of of it by charging buyers and sellers ridiculous tax.They are driving legit businesses and buyers into black market product that can have really sketchy origins, I met a guy at a party not long ago who had a clandestine grow operation somewhere out in the desert and he was telling me how he has to spray pesticides on his product regularly to stop his Caterpillar problem. So yeah, California supports its cannabis industry by putting them out of business.But that's just my angry opinion.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal My Purple Punch is very smooth and very potent. On dispensaries I am like all you other growers, just stunned by the prices and underwhelmed by the buds.

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree crucialbunny. I only went to a dispensary once in 2015 and they treated me like a moron. The punks weren't even born yet when, I bought some bud from hippies in a van that was pure indica and I asked where was it from, they said Humboldt, I packed up and just left town and moved to Humboldt in 1980 to learn how to grow. I never use pesticides. I closely watch my buds and hand pick any worms, grasshoppers or invaders. I have several praying mantises that help out. ALL my friends love my stuff and always comment that it is better, and has a more earthy and hash like flavor and puts them down. They occasionally give me samples of their store bought stuff and it is usually to dried out, crumbles into powder, doesn't roll well and has hardly any expansion or headrush effects. My potency is always top shelf. I also bought lids in L.A. in the early 70s at $10. Good ol Colombian or Oxacan. Used to get the Acapulco Gold when in south Florida for $20. in the late 70s. Yummy, so many good seeds gone to waste. I breed my own, and my original seed stock came from all the best, GSC, TrainWreck, Ooey Gooey, Diesel and Headband. All from my Humboldt pals. Now my stuff is unnamed but I do ok I guess. Just love the old school process and I breed for the traits I desire. I keep some purebred and then cross-breed as I like.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't git me started on dispensaries lol. This Spring when I bought the 2nd Mango clone from where I got that amazing 1st plant I picked up a gram of flower. Nxt day I took em a small bud of what I grew & let em try THAT. I still have .8 grams of their flower. Now that I have a 3rd plant from that source I have a diverse enough gene pool to breed my own Mango seeds & never visit that store again.

That's a very TRUE opinion, mad or not. I just placed an order for 3, .5g 90% THC cartridges and it's running me damn near 200. Last time I'll be getting anything for a while there, but I needed some oil today. Just want to get stoned and watch my girl blow in the breeze.

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn!!!!! $200?!?!?!
        I feel bad now.... I was bitchin about $30 for a 1g cartridge of 83%

• Gjourney101
        Gjourney101 commented
        Editing a comment
        30$? Dude that sounds more like it. And yeah in this state, there's a 35% tax on everything above 30% THC

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it's 30-35% tax on rec sales here too but no penalty for higher %. & they hit both sides of the dispensary with taxes- growers and smokers.

Same country but I pay $10 a gram and $180 for oz.
      pure Indica will cost you a bit more around $12 a gram

Comment

Must just be might state cause they could care less about deals. They'll charge you 500 for a zip

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yer makin me feel guilty lol. Out here they'll take the dried out stuff that didn't sell & stuff cones with a gram- $3 pre rolls. Or a $60 pre pack OZ - usually a mix of stains.

I would love to have your problem with the price and taxes! I face high fines, loss of my drivers license (and by that my job) and eventual jailtime for growing/possession. If I have it in my system I only get a fine and lose my license

Over here, it does not mather if its meth ort weed. You are looked upon as a junkie either way. I do hope the next generation is more open minded and it looks like it, but we are still decades away from even talking about legalization.

Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          No bueno

• swegrow
          swegrow commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainWiese91 Sweden

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounded pretty much like Denmark when you described your country. So I was 90% you where from Sweden 😅

Right now's the best time to grow your own. I've bought from dispensary a few times but the quality was definitely not worth the price. Was buying zips for 180 from my plug which was way better than dispensary smoke. But even now street prices are on the rise, 240 for a zip. Can't wait for harvest time

Comment

I agree with many of you here. The only interest government has in cannabis sales is taking advantage of and exploiting the informal market for their own profit. If the State was genuinely supportive of cannabis, I imagine they would be doing more research on health benefits and developing strains that are directed in addressing specific health issue and providing this information to the public - this is very idealistic though and this would affect big pharma. just my 0.02.
          Last edited by quietlybinary; 07-02-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Gjourney101
            Gjourney101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Without a doubt, the medicinal value should be taken into more consideration. Greed destroys.

I wrote a term paper for my English 101 class in 1986. Called it "Attacking the War Against Marijuana", the topics being the possible legislation of, the constitutional, and medical aspects and uses for of marijuana and the regulation and taxation of it. The professor called me in and said he was totally anti drug but my paper had opened his eyes! Got an A+. The gov't would've legalized it years ago but they couldn't figure out a way to look good doing it and not piss off the moral majority. Alcohol and tobacco kill millions but those companies have always been protected. $$$$ Profits over lives has always been the main goal of politicians no matter what they say. The times have been changing since 86 but there is much room for improvement! My $10. bucks worth. Inflation ya know...
          Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

In my country if they find you 1 plant they will charge you with production and trafficking drug type marijuana. News are ridiculous when they talk about weed. That is why people dont know anything think it is drug like heroin. Ridiculous

Comment

Im from Denmark. in Denmark you can get médica cannabis.
              now I live in Portugal. All drugs here is not illegal. You won’t get prison time for using drugs or having drugs (all kind of drugs)
              Its not legal to cultivate, but the police doesn’t do anything about it, they get a too low salary, and most of the time you can buy them off.
              and also you can get medical cannabis in Portugal also.
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Here in Mexico the constitution protects the right of citizens to grow (this is fairly new) and any adult can grow 4 plants without any permit or license.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, it's about to become the biggest legal market in the world with 125+ million people

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I chose the wrong country to live in, also the wrong continent 😂

• crucialbunny
                  crucialbunny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in the process of purchasing some land to build a home near the Sea of Cortez in Baja. That's good news.

Hey guys / gals. Was reading through and I see everyone seems to have the same complaints about store bought. My daughter's ex works for a local store and I asked her what it is that is causing there perfectly good buds to be so harsh. I've got the GOODS!!!!! This is her opinion, it's because the professional growers are not curing properly. They don't go through the burp they just throw in a moisture pack and let it cure itself. It's not opened again until the store repacks it for resale. They receive it in one lb foil packs with a moisture pack. I'm guessing they pull it off the drying rack or screen if they trim 1st and pack it without a cure...... it's more like, without a cure in the world it's all about the benjamins
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                3 gallon pots all autos
                Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                👇my one n only journal👇
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's how they do here in OR as well MeEasy. Poorly cured & harvested too soon- all in the name of chasing the almighty dollar. Don't git me started on how they churn out dispensary clones!!!!

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe the same thing.They over dry and then rehydrate so the bacteria doesn’t grow as fast and the curing happens very slowly or none at all. Big producers learned to dry imitating the processes of the dried dog food industry. Ask yourself, when was the last time a bag of dog food got rotten

• Eliot Pryor
                  Eliot Pryor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You've nailed it. Lack of cure, improperly cured. The stores are good for processed stuff, vapes edibles etc. but they can't compete on buds.

They have expiration dates on the bottled bud too. Last flower I got was 2 months past exp. Harvested over a year prior.

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X