No announcement yet.

Does your country support cannabis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The short answer to your question is Americans love their weed, too bad their government doesn't share that sentiment.

My first legal buy was in a place in Pueblo, CO. I got a half ounce each of Robert Plant & Acapulco Gold. Both appeared to be quick-dried and machine-trimmed. The RP was disappointing especially when its selling point was mega THC content. Even with the crummy treatment, the AG was niiiiice. I'm growing some next grow because I liked it that much. On my next CO visit, I studied up a bit more on how the weed is grown and cured at certain dispensaries. If the info wasn't available, forget it - maybe grab edibles there but not flower. Maggie's Farm in Manitou Springs had the best-looking bud (Green Alien) and Faragosi Farms in Trinidad had the dankest (an ounce of Ghost Train Haze - seeds are coming in a few days!) The budtender at Faragosi was the only one I've ever seen that was impressed by my selection! I haven't been back to CO for a few years but a friend has brought me samples of a gram or two at a time from a place ironically called Ounce Upon A Time in Claremore, OK. It's the only place she buys from. Their Larry's Lemon OG and White Widow were good, others just OK. I told her it's cool to bring a sample of stuff I haven't tried but bringing me weed nowadays is a lot like hauling sand to the Gulf of Mexico. Places that sell seeds, that's another matter!
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Proper drying, curing and storing is more than half the deal. Fancy names mean little when the dispensary nugs crumble into powder, are harsh, flavorless and have no expansion/headrush. Laughable. I took one bong hit of my early harvest and it was almost hallucinatory. Learned my finishing process back in southern Humboldt back in the day. Sticking with it cause it works!
      Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

Originally posted by Mazzariman View Post
        Proper drying, curing and storing is more than half the deal. Fancy names mean little when the dispensary nugs crumble into powder, are harsh, flavorless and have no expansion/headrush. Laughable. I took one bong hit of my early harvest and it was almost hallucinatory. Learned my finishing process back in southern Humboldt back in the day. Sticking with it cause it works!
        Hey Mazzariman , sounds like your old school training on all things weed keeps quality as the main goal. In my newfound hobby I strive for that. If you care to share some of your wisdom I am sure we would all be grateful. I cannot yet grow in soil to get that better taste and profile but could sure use any good way of finishing the flower. People tell me my end product is good most of the time but there is room for improvement.
        thanks,
        JM

Comment

• Mazzariman
          Mazzariman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, lots of folks here seem to be well schooled in both indoor and outdoor methods of growing and finishing. As for finishing, I tend to take individual branches/colas when they're done for the most part. Sometimes whole plants if ready all at once. I used to never trim off the large fan leaves (we NEVER took a leaf off a plant unless it was dead or dying, and never topped, only trained tips to promote branching - another point of contention for many) but I have started taking those off in the last few years. I hang them on fishing line in my cool, dark somewhat ventilated but not windy basement. Here they dry out, but not so dry where the small stems snap off. I like them to be still pliable (about a week or so), then I bring em down and trim off only the outer smaller fan type leaves, and put them in brown paper bags filled up about 1/3 full, scrunch (roll up) the top of the bag over (binder clips work great to hold closed) and put them in a cool dark closet to finish drying out. That's kind of the pre-curing stage. Opening up daily for a few minutes to air out. When they are dry enough to trim (about another week or so) I trim em and jar them up loosely. Burping the jars daily until they're just right and won't mold when sealed up. Thats more or less the final curing step. I tend to leave the smaller leaf tips on to enclose the inner buds which always gets negative comments from friends that have only known dispensary buds! Why all the leaf they ask? Then I final trim when smoking etc. All my trim goes to making butter. It seems like the super trimmed dispensary buds are naked and have nothing to wear to protect them from deterioration. That must be why they turn to dust and lose flavor and potency so quickly. I could be wrong though. A friend trimmed for a clinic and once he helped trim for me and was just hacking everything down to small nugs and tons of good material was being destroyed. I put a stop to that, telling him that's not how I do it. That's pretty much it, hope it helps a bit. Have fun and remember there are many ways to dry/cure/trim so see what works best and just be wiling to experiment. I use judgment at each stage and don't apply hardfast rules. Enjoy the process.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for going through your process Mazzariman.
          I remember buying weed with much of the small fan leaves still attached back in the 70's and 80's. We just trimmed as we rolled but not too carefully. Tried not to get any small stalks in the joints as they tore holes in the paper and made smoking a pain.
          I am always up to experimenting and trying new methods so ya. Time to do some more trials.

• Mazzariman
          Mazzariman commented
          Editing a comment
          John, Ha, exactly. those tiny stems were always trying to poke through. I always used Club Modiano unglued papers. Very unforgiving in that regard. Cleanest papers ever. You could hold one up, light a corner and watch it burn up and leave virtually no ash! Try that with a Zig-Zag or any other paper and you'll get a nice pile of ash. I actually found 10 packs on Ebay and snagged em from a guy in Spain. The trick with getting them to stick was to lick the long edge so about a 1/16" was wet, then tear it off carefully, leaving a nice even ragged edge. When rolled they would just entertain and make a nice seal. Learned that from a grower in the Garberville area who went to France on vacation and came back saying that learning that technique was the best part of the trip! My lung busting paraffin lined bamboo bong I made in 79 is still my utensil of choice for a quick one hitter. It puts most on their knees, barking like a dog. Folks would watch me clear the bowl and then give it a go. I have a regular pipe bowl with a 1/4" hole at the bottom and use a screen to cover it. Nothing escapes down the tube. Not like those funnel shaped bowls with a pinhole at the bottom. Prepare thyself! Pure torque. Mortals... Keep on keeping on dude!

My country is now talking about decriminalizing drug possession - as in - whatever you got in your pocket for personal use is okay - be it heroin,cocaine whatever. 30 grams of cannabis one is allowed to walk around with - in their pocket of course.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          No arrest here for that same drug possession - idea is to untie the policemen's hands and time wasted doing unnecessary paperwork.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          And to catch real criminals instead of going after the “normal people”

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Catch the importers - and the other bigger stuff - yes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X