5 little beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new fan and humidifier came yesterday!
    now my rh is finally stable in the mid 50s %. !!! AND....
    with the new exhaust config im able to shut the tent up completely! also spent hrs experimenting with ambient room temps, and im able to heat the mancave to damn near 80 without exceeding 85f inside the tent!
    my basement seldom gets over 80f in the summertime, so even at summers worst, and with a lil ac piped in, im confident now that i can safely flower in july and august if i want to!
    omg, back to back to back forever n ever n ever... like i managed to squeeze my toe into heavens door!!!

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you green. you know ive been struggling with temps n humidity trying to work around 1000w hids in a 5×5 space. which probably seems like overkill to some...including my wife...who is just noticing the tab im rackin up, lol....but my eye is always to the future.
      my tent sits in the middle of a 7×13 section of the mancave, and the equipment i have in the tent should be able to efficiently run that space. in theory. so its an investment.
      and my wife with mobility issues can appreciate more room to work for sure. but for the next year maybe 2, its gonna be the tent.

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice n clean Nice setup man!

Editing a comment
      thanks man!

going into week 5 from seed.
    ive managed to stay on top all week. rh average 50%. temps average 82°f. ph 6.4 at nute change, tapering to 5.5 by this weeks changeout.
    learning ppms now. at 1.25× full strength gwe sched. i get 580ppm. im still quite a bit from threshold 700, but by no means deficient. and the girls respond with love and anticipate more next changeout.
    back to full veg again gaining speed. been binding the shit out of them, ive broken or severely damaged 8 of 10 tops at this point. necks thick and stiff. never stopped them tho. had to keep them bound even broken to keep them under control. ridiculously strong plant, this weed.
    of 8 broken tops, only lost 1. so i rotated her and slammed her arm to the deck and now she crawls. fast.

also, im going to expand my little hobby venture over the next few weeks, as prophesized by more than one person here, lol.
    found a wholesale hydro spot right down the road. oh shit it was like home depot for hydro only with costco prices! practically dancing a jig down those aisles behind a shopping cart.
    so... i spent a chunk of my air cond money, and picked up a t5 ho 48" ×8 tube fixture and all the guts to make 2 reservoirs with 3 sites each. now i can veg at half the operating costs of my 1000w mh, and double my yearly harvests. plus it gives me more of the work im lovin so much!
    happy farmin gwe!!!

Comment

Sounds great....good find...a good reliable store with good people is hard to find

Comment

Editing a comment
        got lucky and stumbled across them in a hurry for nutes. lost a gallon in shipping and couldnt wait another week to exchange. i go by there several times a week and there is no signs, no way of knowing from the street its even there. just another warehouse in a commercial park! thanks google? hehe. peace

starting week 6.
      ppms 640, rh average 50%, temps average 81°f, ph to 6.4 and let drop to 5.6 midweek and boost back 6.3 to 6.5 and fall til full changeout on the weekend. rarely gets below 5.6 this way.

i think my bases are finished, for whats its worth. i wanted to go for 16 but im way too new and way too behind. and im glad i enjoy working them cuz i think i set myself up for a lot of LST. i broke so many i was afraid of losing tops so i kept pretty much every growth tip. kinda look like crabs after some defol. but i think i will have a few good tops in there.
      so now i guess i let them push my light up til i hit the halfway mark while trying to keep them orderly along the way.
      damn i thought i had more to say. finally ran across some black domina in a dispensary that was handled decently. ya thats goin on the grow cue. i still have red dragon and kosher kush fems on the shelf waiting...
      thanks for readin. heres the pics.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just perfect manifolds!!!

They look masterfully put together...great job....can not wait to see the outcome!!

Comment

Wow they really do look amazing mate!They love the life you are providing and you can see that in their vigorous growth and sharp color!Beautiful gals
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

yesterday i untied, rotated, and retied the girls for efficiency, extra tight.gave em a proper defol today. then bent n twisted almost every top for height and direction. then i scrogged em up following the tutorial. mesh is 5 inches off the deck. i have 65k lumens at the screen center...the hot spot.
      so i guess im waiting now for the center growth to beef up as the bigger growth moves out of the way. maybe another week to flip if i can keep the growth rate up?

Comment

Lol...look at that right there.... absolutely great job you did a very very good job it looks awesome those ladies are going to explode...pat yourself on the back...

Comment

Editing a comment
          many thanks to you green. prolly lots more to come! lol. have a great night man!

seems i confused LST with supercropping? what i did was pinch n roll the stems til they crunch then fold em over HARD to make sure they stayed down for more than an hr! whatever, lol. very effective.
        and this scrog setup? omg it made my work soooooo much easier. reduced my daily work time to literally minutes!
        when i first started my research, sog n scrog looked like THE way to go, but i shied away because it looked like way too much furniture for my space. and when i saw ms nebulas manifolding, i ditched the idea altogether.
        now in this lil mess i created, and with the advice of our GWE gurus... im finding this scrog to be excitingly useful! its a whole new level of control simplified. i really like the LBH scrog tutorial too, hybridizing a quick simple manifold to fill that screen with less plants. im kinda thinking i can manage 4 kosher kush photos this way but im gonna watch n see how these smaller plants fill out before i make a final decision what seeds i pop next. i have a potentially long veg while these girls flower, so i may want to run the smaller red dragon to be safe.
        i will update over the weekend, but it doesnt look like there will be much to update this time, lol.
        HAPPY FRIDAY

Comment

i can FEEL the time to flip is close.
          mere days after scroggin em im running out of room again. now im glad i messed up and kept everything tho, lovin that screen!
          down to about 2 sq feet of screen. im keeping them under for 2 weeks after the flip per the tutorial. at the current growth rate, the screen will be completely full by next weekend. but then 2 weeks of stretch on top of that? holy crap. defol, defol, defol... every 4 days there is no light beneath the canopy! i do my best to leave one leaf per side, but if i need light in a spot i will take them both!
          ms haze and mr green were totally right about my stunted special girl. she now has 4 or 5 colas that look proper! add those to the count! when i counted tops at my last cuts i came up with about 35+ good tops. didnt count the runt or any of the thin tiny growth in the centers. but now those tiny tops are thick n juicy and im already bending them over under the screen! not even gonna try to count again til tomorrow when i change nutes and defol again. too many leaves, lol.
          gonna start getting my veg station together this weekend. re route power and hopefully get the light hung. if i have time to work on the new reservoirs too, bonus.
          one last note... the smell on my sticky hands after working these girls... a mild but definate peppery smell. somewhere between black pepper and mild red peppers with other spices and a little sweet. kind of like a holiday bread smell that you cant quite put your finger on? god i cant wait til the full stink of flower comes!

Comment

Looking great. A comment on your previous post about local hydro shops is spot on. The one I use here surprisingly beats Amazon on thing like nutes, pots, pumps, ECT. What's cool too is this one has sales about every week 10-23% off. Also they are mmj growers too, one is a botanist. Funny thing is if I want to stop in and get something quick I end up being there for at least an hour. Last time I went they gave me a digital ppm meter for free. Anyways glad I'm subbed can't wait to see the ladies fruiting.
            Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
            5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
            If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Editing a comment
              thank you! and he'll ya, gonna stop by there today for that Mylar bubble wrap. that s really all I need and hope that s all I bring home, lol. have a good one!

Like a total different garden...good show..!!!

Comment

Editing a comment
              thank you sir! and again for the advice! best sh it ever. takes me 15 mins to check ph, fill vaporizer, and move heads around. the rest of the hour it USED to take I just stare at them while I drink my coffee. planning away....

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Isn't it great feeling...like a point of accomplishment...who knew..now your a scrog master...here in the not too far off future you will open that tent and big ole buds will be falling out of it...congrats...

No need to thank me..you put the time in...your success is thanks enough!!

Cheap alternative to mylar bubble wrap that I found is windshield sunshades. They are great for insulating reservoirs.
            Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
            5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
            If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Editing a comment
              ha! already gone and back to catch that! all good tho, using the wrap as reflective for the walls behind my veg table.good tip, I hadn't even thought of insulating the reservoir...

super busy week. veg station is up and ready. put blackout curtains up as a precaution against light leaks and also to get whats left of my mancave back!
            flipped this morning, lights out at 530 am, only real reason i have time to post, lol, got 2 more hrs before they come back on.
            leavin the mh bulb in for the first 2 weeks. read in the website it helps control the stretch, and im already almost out of room for tops. might thin them out some at 2 weeks if its just too crowded.
            not going into this too smoothly. ph issues from our water i believe. they recently had a sewage flood that somehow contaminated the water source and i think the treatments thier using are messing with my program. might have to buy water dammit. also my scrubber is shit. if i vacuum it out i get about a day out of it before it gets so bad the temps go too high.
            filter is rated 450 cfm. originally it was set up with a 440 cfm fan, that didnt last long. put the 440 down for the intake, put a 720cfm up right out the wall, and a 610cfm on the filter itself. there should be no issue with less than 12 feet of ducting total. maybe its just a poorly made product, maybe i should run a filter with a lower rating. i have a couple weeks to figure it out.
            thats it for now.

Comment

• POKEDSMOT
              POKEDSMOT commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good. Might want to put those nutes in a cool dark place. Wish I had the room for a vegging station.

Editing a comment
              thanks! and thats actually where ive been mixing my nutes up until i get those reservoirs put together. the lights just on for the pic. my new mixin spot will be right outside the door in the laundry area. thats where i fill my jugs anyway, lol.

• POKEDSMOT
              POKEDSMOT commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just Poking fun at ya 😂

ok. more ketchup.
            finally about caught up with things for the moment. flipped wednesday MAJOR defol today with a lot of growth removal. if i bloomed every top that came up id have a blanket of fuzzy balls after 10 weeks. read up a lil again and decided to schwazzem up some. as you can see they are plenty strong enough, so i chopped for hours today. NOW let em grow.
            added a foot to the width of the screen cuz i ran out of room. now i think theres plenty room for my plants just tough getting ME in there.
            got a new scrubber today, almost no resistance compared to the old one. hope it stays that way.
            time to smoke and relax. nute change in the morning. have a great night folks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X