No announcement yet.

5 little beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With three weeks to a month left...they are looking great!!!
    boom buds my man

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      fkn cool man, thanks! doin EVERYTHING for em i can within my budget/knowledge/experience, but i have no PERSPECTIVE!!! found one peppermint kush grow on youtube trying to compare, but differing schools of grow made it hard. left me thinking im a week behind in development in the end.
      thanks again for the input man, very encouraging!

good morning and happy sunday gwe!
    was pleasantly suprised this morning when i opened the tent.
    first thing i saw...77°f and 39% humidity. smile #1.
    faintly sweet cannabis smell touched my nose for the first time! smile #2.
    next i noticed my buds swoll up overnight like a knot on the head. ooooh big grin so early this morning!
    heres wbat i did to tbem yesterday:
    nute change! tweaked the numbers a lil after checking npk values on the nute bottles. stopped using the grow formula alltogether... realized the enhancers im using make up the differece in nitrogen almost perfectly.
    so...micro, bloom, calmag, all full strength gwe style with hydroguard went in. check ppm. tons of room still. koolbloom liquid AND powder at half recommended strength. gotta be careful with that shit, oooooh! check ppm again...hell ya, still got room! i managed to get FULL strength both powder and liquid into this feeding!!! freakin stoked. last week they got the regular gwe strength trio plus half strength liquid koolbloom only. left me room for ph adjusting thru the week plus i added 3/4 strength liquid and powder to the 5 gals top off water, only enhancers. by the end of the week my ppm only raised 200-250 ppm, and ph has been pretty stable at 6-6.1. i figure im safe up to 1500 or so ppm, and im at 1200 now...im happy. and with OBVIOUS results in 18 hours, my girls are happy too! just watching those tips thru the week...
    still smell the funk, but its much more faint now, actually letting some of the sweet come thru. god that was scary shit.
    k, done for now. lights about to go out and i need to check over everything and get a few shots. hope you can see the difference in the pics compared to yesterday mornings shots i posted!

got the shots, looks pretty noticeable. my wife saw it and got all giggly, lol.

Comment

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice ! Good job

Amazing progress...I can see the difference

Comment

Editing a comment
      thank you sir!
      you prophesized boom buds! and holy crap here they come!

back on the rootrot thing...
    discovered i made a HUGE oversight when changing nutes yesterday.
    found out i let a huge light leak get by me for a while now! the net pot i use for access cover front and center...you know, right over the roots of the 3 affected plants? hmmm... well, over time the hydroton in there settled to a point that light was going right thru the top row of holes. cant believe i never noticed it happening!
    rezolved by taping up net pot, and kicking my own ass.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't kick yourself too hard!!! Light leaks happen!!!

Booo....booooo

Good catch tho

Comment

As long as your plants are still healthy I wouldn't worry if there was a small light leak to the roots. I've left a net pot off a dozen of times over the years and plants never seem to react. Obviously long term light would kill roots and should always be avoided, but I'd be more worried if it was a light leak that let the leaves be exposed to light during their dark period

Your buds look great! The structure reminds me of a Pineapple Chunk plant Sirius grew. It was easily the most flavorful and sweet smelling buds he's ever grown. So whenever I see a similar bud structure I always get excited!

Comment

Editing a comment
        thank you nebula! me n my wife are already anxious like kids waiting for christmas to come!

bloom midweek 7

temps range 75°-80°f day, steady 65°f night
      rh 36%-41% day, 46%-52% night
      ph avg 6.0
      ppm range 1200-1500

overall appearance and color are normal and healthy. no signs of rootrot in or out of the reservoir, except for that funky smell that i can not find the source! it is pretty faint now but still present.
      trichome production gone crazy with the lowered temps. sugar leaves looking leathery thick with them.
      reduced fan speed on all circulators to lowest, and now burnt hairs getting overrun by new white ones.
      upward growth is done, so im experimenting with light levels and nute usage. i began lowering my light 3 clicks daily, checking them at the end of each light cycle. day 3 saw the edges of leaves just barely begin to yellow on 2 tops dead center. im taking it 3 more clicks tonight. i want to see 4 or 5 tops slightly touched when i stop. the results im seeing over the entire canopy are exciting for sure! buds are surging again last 2 days, and they look and feel more like a succulent or cactus. hard like fruit. pretty cool first timer stuff, never seen how buds develop before this.
      nute change tonight. sticking to same levels as last week since im playing with the lights.
      trichomes are still glass clear, not even cloudy yet, lol. still got time.

thanks for lookin in folks, have a great saturday!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
        GDTRFB95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Such yum! Happy Saturday your way as well!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        MAGNIFICENT, harvester!!! My goodness, your roots look fantastic!! How did you get them so big!!!!!!!?????

Editing a comment
        thanks and thanks!
        atu, those girls got dragged thru a brutal 7 weeks plus of first timer vegging and manifolding. i also used them as guinea pigs trying out rapid start for 2 weeks. started about week 5 and stopped at 7. root mass showed almost 50% increase by week 8. like throwing gas on a fire.

Great post man...all looks amazing..keep it up

Comment

Editing a comment
        thank you green! your watching eyes and encouraging words are always appreciated.

quick update

observed NO yellowing at the end of light cycle. entire grow still showing great benefits. light down 3 more clicks. holy crap they craving big light! i have broke 100k lux over a 10 inch area of tops in the center, and they just starting to lose trichomes on the sugar leaves. buds themselves still nice n frosty.
      keep trying to find that perfect balance, lol.

some shots underneath. there is bounty here too. scroggin dont just fill jars with flowers. i need to get me some hash bags people!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Making hash is the most fun of all!! I've got a 220, a 160, and a 75 bag.

Editing a comment
        really does look fun, like making homemade ice cream for grownups!

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep us posted! I've never been able to keep HPS lights closer than over 80k lux without early leaf yellowing, so I'm definitely interested in how it goes! Your plants look great!

Looks good man! How much material would you need to have making a batch of bubble hash worth while?
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the main way to use bubble bags is to use ice. The idea is to freeze off the trichomes. With dry ice (frozen CO2) it's like ice but it turns directly into vapor when it gets warm, instead of getting wet. You basically do the exact same thing to make hash but I like that you don't have to dry the hash out afterwards since it stays dry from beginning to end. (http://www.growweedeasy.com/dry-ice-hash) I've personally gotten better yields with dry ice compared to standard bubble hash made with ice. But I've aso found that each type of hash is different, and has slightly different effects! There definitely is no "best"

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        And when making tinctures the plant matter gets frozen too before adding to the ultra chilled alcohol that's in the freezer too

Editing a comment
        oooh, nother good tip! thx tika

thanks for the great comments and input folks. and sorry i dont get much time to respond during the workweek. im up a bit early now, so i wanna update the lighting thing real quick.

im letting the light sit another day right where its at. i have about half dozen tops frying under light levels between 100-115k lux.
      this morning ends the 2nd light cycle at these levels. the leaves on the center tops are all still nice and dark, the yellowing seen on them has not increased. edges slightly curled/yellow. veins yellow. but again, no increase in negative affects.
      buds continue to swell, all have a brand new bud that by this morning are filling in over the new pistils they made. lower growth filling in much better now too. go figure, lol.

i do not believe at this point that the yellowing is caused by the lights. this is not bleaching. it smacks of high nute levels. the similarity of nute burned tips and the damage to leaf edges is pretty identical, and the leaves remain otherwise dark and healthy.
      im theorizing that the high intensity of light is beneficial to the plants of this strain, depending on how much you feed them.
      my ppms range 1200-1500 ppm over the week. this could explain how some folks can cram 1800-2000 ppm into this strain without frying them. i bet if i reduced my light back to 70k lux, i could do the same thing.
      seems im getting more efficient feeding, using 25% less nutes than is possible, AND getting more light to my entire grow.
      so, this will continue. if my theorizing is in the ball park, i should be able manipulate this way on other strains also, within thier own individual tolerances, of course.
      light is priority 1. max the light. THEN max the nutes.

oh, one other note...
      i have noticed thru these later stages that when the light first comes on, nearly ALL tops yellow substantially right away. after about 15-30 mins they darken right back up again and stay that way.

thats it. gotta get ready for work. happy humpday people!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

The color change is normal...
      it all sounds and looked great...good job !!

Comment

Love the canopy pictures! Your buds look gorgeous - so sparkly with trichomes they look white!

Comment

Editing a comment
        thank you nebula! im squeezin em for all a new guy can get!

i have gone 4 full day/night cycles with my flowers getting up to 115k lux, and everything is holding stable. i take pics directly above center at the end of every night cycle right before lights on. this is how i monitor for changes more accurately.
      i think im very close to the limit as it is. im going to leave it where its at unless something changes. dont want to risk my stash while im still buying dispensary weed! something i will play with more down the road tho for sure.

grow update tomorrow. its officially the weekend, have a great one!

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything looks superb you have a great weekend as well man

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Really lovely harvester!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X