• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look pretty darn happy to me!!!

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JohnEmad! Definitely better coverage than my MH/HPS that's for sure. Hope I save a little on my utility bill too

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great for full coverage. Nice to see how things respond.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Let there be light!! My new DIY LED strip fixtures are up and running, much later than I planned but hey that's life sometimes. Either way, I'm happy and I sure hope my girls are happy about the new lights. I put them at 30" so I guess I'll see how they do and gradually lower them until I see signs of stress.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC if you look back you can see a few weeks ago my strawberry cheesecake and 1 of the blue cookies were having some issues, that I've since resolved, and I was certain that I had stunted them or they just straight up weren't going to make it. I'm not mad that I'm wrong and I'll be happy to have more bud in the end but having 7 plants in the tent wasn't part of the plan lol. I'm ok with squeezing them in there tight. My first grow was 9 plants and that was a tight squeeze for sure!

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    I hate killing one for room, sucks, I try to squeeze them in somewhere. Kind of like unexpected company. However, the plants look awesome.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 36 for everyone except New York Diesel, it's Day 17. She was going to be a backup because I had little faith in a couple of the girls early on but now here I am with 7 plants in the tent. The Strawberry Cheesecake is looking great, she and both Blue Cookies are showing pistils, one of the Blue Cookies is about a week ahead of the other. The rest of the girls are just doing their thing, I expect to see pistils from the rest of them in the next couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Yes I remember the post LOL ahhh a " shits & giggles grow " yes I kinda did that with my folgers coffee growing autos. Maybe hopefully you'll get that oz. That's what i'm shooting for with autos and hopefully more. Well i'll be tuned it when you start this mini grow

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks alltatup! I'm really pleased with how they're doing. I was going to tape that branch but i feared really snapping it off if it attempted to wrap it with tape. Scotch tape served me great during my first grow a couple of times I must say.

SoOrbudgal google PC case micro grow. I'm not saying it's going to work lol. I was bored, quarantined and scrolling the forum, someone made a post about a PC grow and they were using cfls and long shallow planter that fit in the case. The plant looked like it got kinda torched at one point but they did successfully grow a flowering plant. My thought was to get a large enough case (mine is ~20" tall, 17" long, 8" wide) , build an LED strip fixture that would be slim and use minimal space, also be able to adjust it's height and it's fully dimmable, I plopped it on top of a DWC bucket to allow for the base of the plant to be flush with the base of the case. I really don't know how it's going to work out but my goal is to produce 1oz. I figure I need a goal, even if it's a stretch 🙃.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I look at my tower I have a Lenovo desk top and I can not see how a grow would work in it?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look fabulous, Nicky!!! Everyone's humming along! ;-}

I keep adhesive tape in the growroom and immediately make a tight splint when I snap a stem; so far this grow, they all bounced back.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 23. Things are shaping up in the tent. The Strawberry Cheesecake is trying to live it's best life but I've made it tough. I partially snapped on of it's branches, one of it's two. I let it be, it healed, but it starting showing pistils. Looks like she isn't going to be a big girl by any means. The Blue Cookies that was looking kinda suspect seems to have come around. It's now been topped but it's growing pretty low so I haven't tied it down at all. The Blow Dream is the only one that I didn't top, I've been trying down the main stem on an angle and all of its branches. The rest have all been topped and tied down.

I didn't use any FloraliciousPlus in the last water change and I noticed a great improvement in the water. No sludge or sediment. Roots are looking sooo much better.

My LED light fixtures are almost done, hoping they'll be up and running by the weekend. Just waiting on getting five of the eight heatsinks machined so I can mount them to the frame. I got a little taste of the LED life now that I have my PC case micro grow up and running. It's only been two days since the seedling went in, if she lives I'll make a separate post.

Happy growing everyone, stay safe, spread love.
    Last edited by NickyChicks; 06-04-2020, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Not giving up but I have my doubts about how big the plant will grow or how much I will yield from the Strawberry Cheesecake and one of the Blue Cookies. They aren't going anywhere yet but they're on my short list lol. I'm glad you shared the link for your previous grow that had your experience with root rot. I thought I had no light leaks but your journal prompted me to look and good thing I did.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC thanks! You're probably on point with that. The water pumps I had in each bucket were not sterile in any way and I imagine that generate heat as well. Between that, the warm temps, and they light leaks I had a recipe for disaster is seems. I believe I have remedied all of the issues, after my water change last night, all of the girls are looking pretty happy today.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Don't give up on the girls yet!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X