Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    I actually think I found the problem. Possibly. Water temp was about 77°F , looked like I had some root rot starting to form. The roots looked great yesterday during the water change, I just noticed it as I checked the pH which is 5.95. I threw a couple ice packs in there for now and I just installed the AC window unit into the basement window so I can keep it cooler down here. Other than a warm tent, I think the true root cause of the problem is the water pumps I have inside the buckets for the top feed. No more continuous feeding, either back to the timer or I may about to kabash the top feed all together.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry but I haven't seen leaves do that.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Hey alltatup, my fellow hydro grower, I'd love to see if you would weigh in on what I have going on here? Have you seen anything like this before?

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Canuck147 nope and I'm really careful to not splash nute water. Ok I'll do that thanks bud

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Did you spray anything on her? Altatup is a hydro grower - tag her maybe it's a hydro thing?

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    D.A.A.S.69 Canuck147 JohnEmad Farmall any thoughts on what may be going on with her?
    Last edited by NickyChicks; 05-26-2020, 02:02 PM.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Ok so the patch on the Strawberry Cheesecake leaf spread and it also on the other fan leaf on this node. I was planning on topping and defol on this one anyways so I went ahead and did that. Topped at the 3rd, 1st and 2nd nodes cleaned off. I will tie it down either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how much it grows.

As far as the patches on the leaves. The faded patch is super dry and crispy and the rest of the fan leave was glossy and felt pretty normal. Not sure what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah it was a minor bump in the road even though it was inconvenient having to break down the tent and set it up twice. You're right though sometimes the bad things can turn out for the better.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Plants looking good except for that 1 funky leaf. i wouldn't worry too much about it if it doesn't spread. Funny what we do to keep our grows going. nice you had a good neighbor. We had our property appraised but due to covid they did only the outside so they relied on my pictures for their comparables. Sometimes bad things can work in your favor. GL with the auto grow.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Well it's been quite the week for the girlies. Day 14, I changed the water again today, the Strawberry Cheesecake is a big girl but she has a leaf with some funky shit going on. It happened today right after the water change, she got really droopy maybe because of the cold water? As she perked up the strange formation that started as a faded patch turned into a large faded patch. Any thoughts?
    ​​​​​​One of the blueberry cookies is growing kinda odd too, not too worried yet. All in all the girls looks good but here's what went down this week....

I'm still trying to get an update on when I will get my LED strips from cutter.com I'm frustrated because I fully expected to have them up and running in the tent but it is what it is. I put my 600w MH in earlier this week and I have it running 24/0. Thoughts on 24/0 vs. 20/4 ??

On Wednesday I got a call that I my parents were coming from out of state for the weekend due to an unexpected death of a family friend. I don't live in a legal state and having a parent in law enforcement I don't want to jeopardize their position by having a grow in my house while their here. I respect my family a lot and they know I smoke weed but until my state becomes legal it's easier to avoid the conversation about growing. With that being said.... I took down my tent and brought it and all the plants to one of my good friends condos and set it up in their spare room. They spent thursday night through yesterday afternoon there and the first night the tent got up to 93 for a while but once he kick his a/c on the tent cooled down to 81. They def got a little heat stressed. Also I accidentally set the top feed to run continuous and not on the timer. They seemed to like it so I'm going to continue doing that. Happy mistake I suppose.

I plan to top the strawberry cheesecake, probably tomorrow. I'll be watching the others closely this week to figure out if I'm going to top any others or just LST.
    Last edited by NickyChicks; 05-26-2020, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 7 for all the girls except the Glueberry OG she's a day behind. I did a water change today, I noticed that the Northern Lights had small rusty spots which I'm thinking is because I hadn't added Calimagic until today's water change. The Blow Dream had small spots also, again I'm thinking CM. I know some people say you may not have to add CM to tap water, I learned from my last grow that I need to. The Strawberry Cheesecake from the start has been strong, when I germinated these seed the SC seed popped first, the tap root was longer and fatter than the others and she was the first one to come up, already she has a root an inch from the bottom of the bucket. I'm thinking she's gonna be a beauty. I fed her just a little extra today so hopefully she likes it.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Off to the races!

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks D.A.A.S.69 , I'm looking forward to seeing these girls grow. All but the Glueberry OG have taproots now, I'll have them in their new homes this evening. Hopefully I won't have a ton of questions along the way but I know whose brains I'm gonna pick when I do 😅.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Nice NickyChicks your gonna do fine, autos are super fun to grow.
    The third week after I see pistils is when I remove leaves ,a bunch of them too, mostly the inside pointing ones, I leave the outside leaves on a little longer, since they aren't covering up anything, but by the last couple of weeks my autos have no leaves at all, on them. Just bud. Saves alot of trimming.
    GoodLuck an have fun.
    I top an lst,mine about the same time Canuck147 does his, but only if they are healthy an growing fast, or else you can stunt, or slow them dowm a bunch,
    HappyGrowing your gonna love your autos!!

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Right on!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X