• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    What a fantastic frosty plant beautiful job

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 101, Blue Cookies got the axe tonight... kinda. Looks like I'm going to do somewhat of a staged harvest. I'm using my HerbsNOW dryer for the first time and I filled the trays up with 2/3 of this plant. You can purchase 3 trays more to add, which I'll be doing, but 8 is the max you can use on the dryer. I'll finish harvesting the rest in 4 days, when the time is up on the dryer.

I got some pretty nice looking nugs and they smell great, fruity for sure. The colas are fat and dense, the lower buds are a little more on the airy side but not a lot of popcorn so all in all I'm happy with the harvest so far.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Well Northern Lights should've been a quick one but when you get seeds that are freebies I suppose a mix up could happen. It's funny, I grew NL photo during my last grow and it looks nothing like the NL I have in my tent now. Granted, they're different breeders but I figured they would look similar

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    What a gaggle of great plants. I agree with you on the Blue Cookies, you have to give us a smoke report on that one. I always thought NL was a short grow, good to know it will tumble weed on you

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 96(77 NYD) I'm pretty sure I'll be putting the axe to at least the Blue Cookies this week, possibly also the Strawberry cheesecake. The BC is definitely ready but I think it can use a few more days maybe until the weekend.
    I did some defol on the others, they're starting to fill out nicely. The Glueberry OG smells great, the Blue dream and NY Diesel not so much yet. The Northern lights is still a monster and is chilling outside of the tent now because it's just too damn big 🤣. It's still getting decent light exposure and this is only temporary until I make more space. I figured it was more important to get my gallon challenge seedling in there and get her as much light as I can before I flip the lights for the NL after everyone else gets chopped or close to.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks John! If my NL is a photo my options are limited because even though I do have another light I don't have a space to grow it. I think my best option would be to flip the to 12/12 when i finish the others or sometime close to harvest. Its just going to take a lot longer to wrap up this grow than I originally planned but since time is of no concern it seems like the most logical route.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Nice growing again NickyChicks. hard not to crowd the tent when you grow em so well.
    looks like NL is a photo....Always some thing to contend with. other then having another light and grow space I am not sure what to do about that.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 82(63 NYD) I had a great vacation, super relaxing and I found out that I will not have family visiting in September which means no time constraints, all the girls will be able to finish. I was worried about having to chop plants that hadn't finished.
    Anyways.... Why the hell is my Northern Lights not flowering? Did I get a photo? A slow flowering auto? She's a big girl and she's had preflowers for weeks but she keeps growing and not budding. My lights are on 20/4 and I don't really want to change them to 12/12 if I don't have to but I'm not sure what else I could do. Any thoughts?
    Other than that, they all were in dire need of a trimming and desperately needed a water change which they got today. I'm really happy with how they all look, I definitely didn't anticipate that I would overfill my tent but it's ok. I think I will be able to harvest the Strawberry Cheesecake and one of the Blue Cookies within the next 2-3 weeks give or take. The majority of the trics on the BC are cloudy but not all and no amber on the buds. The SC is still a lot of clear some cloudy. They are filling out very nicely, it was pretty cool being away for 8 days and seeing the growth

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    excellent tent full.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Really nice set of buds your have there!

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 73, just did a water change this morning versus Wednesday night because I'm leaving for vacation after this post. I won't be back until a week from tomorrow and it will be probably close to midnight so they'll probably drink up just about all their water. I have someone checking and adjusting pH as they need it. The blue cookies is looking amazing, so is the strawberry Cheesecake but the BC is a beaut. Can't wait to see all of them when I get back!!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Baby got terpenes.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    😁 i like big buds and I cannot lie

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look awesome, and they're going to get so fat at the end of flower: I can see it all over their faces.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 64 (45 for NYD), another water change and some defol. I checked and logged pH twice daily last week. I had to adjust pH in every plant once at some point during the week. However the Blue cookies that's not as far along in flower and the Strawberry cheesecake both had their pH drift right in range all week up until yesterday I had to adjust them up. I'm less worried about it than I was and the plants are doing great.
    ​​​​​​
    Now my biggest concern is that I hope they all finish before the second week of Sept because just like at the end of my first grow, I have family coming to stay. I wish my state would legalize so I wouldn't have to hide my new hobby. Honestly I was hoping to be harvesting at least a couple of the plants by the end of this month... I don't see that happening. Hell, seedsman says the northern lights has a life cycle of approx 70days, yeah right. My NL has pistils but it is definitely the furthest behind in flowering (not including NYD), she is a beast though. Obviously not much I can do besides wait and see, hope for the best.

Hope you enjoy my bud pics as much as I do. Fattening up!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X