Best and Worst buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best buy, HLG QBoard,
    Worst buys, 2-3 cheap ass, chinese, led lights.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I haven't been in this very long, but my worst purchase was a Topolite 315CMH. It was a full 25$ less than the Vivosun version and in my thrift and haste, I failed to notice its lack of warranty. It ran for a little over 2 weeks and when it quit, it was out of its 30 day return period. I've got a Vivosun in there now, with a 3 year warranty on it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's so messed up thumbs down to Topolite in this instance.

Best:

Viparspectra TC1350
      It’s a great value for a “cheap” blurple light for a 4x4 tent.
      Con: Has poor canopy penetration.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078B4VJ35...p_mob_ap_share

Gorilla Original 4x4x8 tent
      Built to last. Good zippers. Roof holds 300lbs. Pretty much light proof.
      Con: Doors are a serious pain in the ass after awhile. 5 zippers to open. 5 zippers to close.
      4x4 grow tent is large enough for a variety of indoor gardening needs. The Gorilla grow tent is the most durable, best-selling grow tent on the market. This

Tripp Lite 6 Outlet Waber power strip.
      Has a covered switch so my cats can’t turn it off. Solid, metal construction.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V58T0C...p_mob_ap_share

Vacmaster, VJC507P, 5 Gallon wet/dry vac
      I love this thing. Well made, quiet and powerful. Makes removing runoff really easy.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WSZL04K...p_mob_ap_share

WORST:

VIVOSUN Oscillating pole fans.
      Mine made it 2/3 weeks. These are fantastic till they break. I wanted these to work so bad.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QW4YK9S...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

• stump
        stump commented
        Editing a comment
        I added four side poles in my tent. With the extractor fan on the sides of my tent get sucked in. Those fans hit the side of the tent and where them out quicker. Now there working great and not getting in a bind by the tent. Took me 2 fans to figure that one out lol.

• Dieselgrower
        Dieselgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        bummer I just got one of those fans. hope it last longer.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        stump. I have 3 sets of horizontal high cfm poles on mine. The fans weren’t touching the sides. They would oscillate to one side and then just die

I had waited 3 months for the option to buy and 2 months for the arrival and all for an experiment and in these days of 2 day amazon type deliveries, was annoying as hell but.... the pacific light concepts photoboost strips have proven to be exceptional performers that have produced remarkable plants and the worst is probably the grey plastic Carson microscope.

additionally, that Cloudline ac infinity t-6 is so awesome, I had to get a 2nd one

Comment

• stump
        stump commented
        Editing a comment
        yea the cloudline are awesome.

• Dieselgrower
        Dieselgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        nice I have the cloudline t4 with the controller on they way.

BEST: plant elevators (see photo), they keep the fabric pots out of the runoff and make sure the bottom of the pot is getting air as well. I love them!

WORST: VIVOSUN oscillating clip fan, worked great for a month then died. to be fair, when I reviewed it on Amazon VIVOSUN gave me a full refund. Great customer service!

Comment

Best Buy - Optic Slim 600H LED Grow light

Worst - too many to speak of to be sure
        3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
        New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
        Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
        5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

Best - Secret Jardin Daisy 100 HID reflector (I recommend these to anyone using HID and square tents, especially sog & scrog) https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Jardin.../dp/B07GQTRM6N

Worst - Vivosun 5 mode adjust 315w CMH (this light is powerful but has a crappy footprint and can't change reflector or move ballast outside of tent because it's all in one) In case anyone else would like to spend about $200 and be disappointed, here's the link! https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-5-Mode-Adjust-High-Reflectivity-Aluminum-Upgraded/dp/B07RPKT58L/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=vivosun+315+cmh+adjus t&qid=1585668150&sr=8-4

Comment

Yes. Too many bad buys in my last 8 year venture into cannibal cultivation.
            Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
            sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
            4 plants currently under 500w
            2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
            GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
            Happy growing/consuming 🥴
            Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              Cannabis **********

• WeirdWiredWolf
              WeirdWiredWolf commented
              Editing a comment
              I lost track of how many $ mistakes I made starting out. The downside of doing initial grow research on the web (before I landed here). Luckily I only killed two freebie plants doing that.

Farmall your PLC lights. I can't figure out to figure out how many of those types of strips I need for a 3x3x6.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              check greengenes channel on youtube, hes the owner of PLC and has tons of videos explaining their lights, to my understandind you can make 2x4 or 4x4 but you may be able to make a shorter one

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly.... search Photoboost led ... I’m sure at least 4 will pop up

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, folks. I've written down the name of the company and will look into it.

Worst buys - Engagement rings and wedding rings.
            Best purchases - My cardboard salt shaker, that came with a cardboard pepper shaker, that has lasted longer than both marriages put together. The $.89 pair of kitchen scissors that has lasted longer than my cardboard salt shaker.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• stump
              stump commented
              Editing a comment
              lol good one.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              yep, i think we got a winner

Hard to say best -

Worst was : VIVOSUN 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent

Too rickety. Was not able to hang a hood and light on it with any confidence. (Secret Jardin tents have been awesome)

Comment

Backing up my best buys talk with more buckets! Might make me some eggplant colors when painting the buckets. Farmall
              Attached Files

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve got the paint !!

• quietlybinary
                quietlybinary commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought I had too many planters for the balcony garden but now that it is harder to get them in quarantine, I am wondering if I have enough (for non-canna plants too!)

• RFheavy
                RFheavy commented
                Editing a comment
                If a light company decides to have some kind of monster quarantine sale, I might be screwed!

Worst buys: blurple led lights, automatic watering systems that were too small to support my plants, anything from Ipower I bought has broken down after short term use, 4” virtual sun centrifugal fan (bearing issues after 1 year use), booster fans, &1 gallon clone bucket that made 80 F and above water temps in a 70F room.
              Best Buy’s: HPS/MH grow lights, swamp cooler with auto fill, humidity and temp switches, water chillers for hydro and aeroponic applications, 5 gallon 25 site aero cloner, t5 UV bulbs (better quality final product), grove bags (no more burping jars), digital hygrometers, grow light specific sunglasses, & Fish Sh!t along with hydroguard (beneficial bacteria’s).
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                They don't sell on amazon but you can buy directly from the company a la carte now in the build your own variety pack and don't have to buy by the 1000/case. Here's the link - https://grovebags.com/store/

• NickyChicks
                NickyChicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Other than the make your own packs, they also sell smaller packs for home growers. I just bought a pack of 50 it was under $50. I haven't used mine yet but im excited to see how well they work

• WeirdWiredWolf
                WeirdWiredWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, those look very very neat.

Worst: preciva ph tester/probe. Inexpensive and acted accordingly. Get what you pay for.They did refund my purchase so kudos for that.
              Best buy was a 238W QB style light from True Northern Lighting. It has grown quality flowers one after another for less then $1.30/watt purchase price - canadian dollars too. Autopopts have also worked out well.
              Any other negatives are most likely caused by my errors.
              Last edited by JohnEmad; 04-02-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I guess there are some "best":

FFOF soil; Technaflora nutes; Secret Jardin 4x4x6.5 tent; Dominator hood and 1000x MH/HPS bulbs; Govee WiFi Digital Indoor Hygrometer Thermometer, Wireless Temp Humidity Sensor Humidity

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X