In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire in the hole.

Flushing the toilet with the lid up creates a cloud of spray that may spread infection, study finds.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

smoorman, no I am not one of those "I will not wear a mask" crowd. Nor am I a yee yee conservative or a bleeding heart liberal for that matter. I wear a mask at work, I maintain the proper physical distance, I understand the risks involved, my mother has lung cancer and I have been unable to visit her since February. Believe me, I am not taking this lightly. When I said there was not another spike it is because I believe we never topped off, we just were finally able to ramp up testing. And as for the hospital comment, the hospital will absolutely admit anyone with a symptom, imagined or not. (i.e.the people freaking out.). They may not keep these people overnight but they are still admitted and at least seen by a nurse, and probably a doctor because what doctor doesn't want to bill for telling someone nothing is wrong. I digress. My bad. Dabs. As for the most deaths, we here in the good ol USA enjoy multiple luxuries like democracy and good diet and good health care.,which means our numbers arent being stifled by some oppressive regime and we live longer, more obese people, more smokers, more elderly. I wonder how the numbers look when they are broken down by population, and populations are broken down by age/health factors.I confess I do not know. But stats all just depend upon who is making them so I dont think I'll check. Good day sir.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        StillHigh1982 The numbers in the US showing which groups have been have hit the hardest are clear: people of color in lower income brackets. As we have seen very clearly in the news these last few weeks, there are many people who don't enjoy the luxuries you list: "democracy and good diet and good health care."

It took long enough, but they finally DID ramp up testing that doesn't cost $200. It took way too long. I'm also wondering why we aren't seeing a daily number of "recoveries" in addition to daily deaths...

Damn straight. Maybe it's time for people to be responsible for their own actions. Wear a mask. Stay the fuck away from anyone who's not wearing one. If you don't know by now then forget it. Don't think the government should have to do what they are doing anymore. My wife and I are really introverted. Have always been. She's high risk. Breast cancer survivor, thyroid, cyliac, 67 years old. Definitely immune deficient. We just stay the fuck away from people. Here in CT we are in faze two of reopening. Only two deaths today. Less then two percent positive per test. We were one of the original hot spots in the country. Maybe it's time for people to make up their own mind as to how to deal with this bull shit. Stay the hell away from people, wear a mask and enjoy the summer away from gatherings.
      ​​Wait for the vaccine to get social again.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        "​​Wait for the vaccine to get social again."

That's the truth, the bottom line. And in the meantime, like you say, practice common sense and precaution!!!!!!!

• smoorman
        smoorman commented
        Editing a comment
        "Don't think the government should have to do what they are doing anymore." What is that? The government should have done the right thing in the first place. Did anyone catch the PBS special last night on the C-19 pandemic? I hope John Bolton's book is ok'ed for release or is leaked. It will give some insight as to why the U.S. is the hardest hit nation on the planet and why our response was such a cluster F. The US, Russia, India and Brazil. What do they all have in common?

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup. Now you know why we get along so well.... that is so logical.... 6 more months they may have a vaccine and by March, we know of its efficacy and can go back to near normal...happened with several other vaccines but we (people) are very short sighted

When I must go to town, I pay attention, almost no one is wearing a mask or gives a damn about you me or their self.
      As to medical care in the USA, the way I see it we are a third world country, only the wealthy get good care and the extreme poor are used for testing. I see to many turned away and told to go home and die, because they dont have money.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        This country is full of pockets of poverty, like what Detroit has turned into, and elsewhere. Poverty = 3rd world. They like to say "developing nations" these days, what a bullshit euphemism for the poorest of the poor, who are always considered dirt by the 1%.

• Obi-Wan
        Obi-Wan commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup Shhhhh!!!! You’re speaking of our country’s worst kept secrets. How will we ever continue our elitist nationalism when the rest of the world finds out we can’t take care of our own?(implied sarcasm)

As growers some of us take for granted basic necessities like electricity, running water, and proper waste disposal systems. Unfortunately these basic necessities aren’t available in far too many areas of our country because “ the cost of providing them is too great”, meanwhile we fund revolutions in the name of democracy in other countries.

I’m all for a better world, but perhaps the elitist powers that be in the USA should be more focused fixing the problems within our own borders.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Obi-Wan Agreed, except for one thing: the US never funded revolutions, but funded lots of military coups and military dictatorships all over Latin America. US military trained killers to murder nuns and revolutionaries in El Salvador like there was no tomorrow...

SoOrbudgal (and I thought we were nutty here )

Oregon county issues face mask order that exempts non-white people

Lincoln County, Oregon, has exempted non-white people from a new order requiring that face coverings be worn in public — to prevent racial profiling.

Health officials announced last week residents must wear face coverings in public settings where they may come within six feet of another individual who is not from the same household.

But people of color do not have to follow the new rule if they have “heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment” over wearing the masks, officials said.

“No person shall intimidate or harass people who do not comply,” health officials said.

With mask requirements becoming more common, activists have raised concerns that the directives could put non-white people in danger.

“For many black people, deciding whether or not to wear a bandanna in public to protect themselves and others from contracting coronavirus is a lose-lose situation that can result in life-threatening consequences either way,” ReNika Moore, director of the ACLU’s Racial Justice Program, told CNN.

Trevon Logan, who is black, said orders to wear face coverings are “basically telling people to look dangerous given racial stereotypes that are out there.”

“This is in the larger context of black men fitting the description of a suspect who has a hood on, who has a face covering on,” Logan, an economics professor at Ohio State University, told the outlet.

“It looks like almost every criminal sketch of any garden-variety black suspect.”

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...-white-people/
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

I know just heard about this LOL . Very political now days. There is no color that would stop it as we know, just silly blown out stupid "order" i sure hope all people use the mask in areas with close contacts. Common sense and no voo doo science. Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_f4m2tq9ogza_08409q_600x450.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	420647 Shit for brains politicians & news reporters.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a serious disease that has infected far too many worldwide since the dawn of human kind. We still don’t have a vaccine or a cure for “Shit for Brains”. Thank you for doing your part to raise awareness!!!

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I know who that is, he was here a few days ago! I also know why the house was not packed! The real deal is young voters got tickets with no intention of going so the house would not be packed, it worked.

Your welcome Obi-Wan
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

So we're basically saying that white supremecists have shit for brains? I'll vape to that...

A super-religious, super-phony and clearly racist neighbor lady was telling me a couple of weeks ago that "everyone's afraid of people who look different"; I wanted to ask her, How? Three ears and one eye? Mouth on the forehead and nose on the chin? What do you mean, "look different"? Instead I just said, I'm not, and she hurried away on her walk.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Several countries (Hispanic America ) have the US on a no entry list currently, why I'm not fishing at the moment. Virus primarily is the reason, but once you set in a bar made from the AC that was shot down (Crashed) carrying weapons for the Contra you wonder just what the FUG we are doing.
            Sunset Destination for Lunch & Dinner in Paradise Breathtaking Sunsets | El Avión Restaurante | Provincia di Puntarenas

Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 06-24-2020, 10:09 AM. Reason: Added link for the Bar
            Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
            A tale of two seeds
            Batter Up Sour Deisel
            Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
            New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
            Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

WOW more than 34000 new cases in one day! And 2 peps have tested positive that attended the rally in Tulsa, with almost no one wearing a mask!
              I will continue to stay the F*~ away from others, wear my face filter every where I do have to go. The worst is yet to come.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Just talked to my MD friend in Austin: lots of the new cases in TX are younger people who couldn't stay away from bars.

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                I am finding it so amazing that these people remain so blind to the realities of current conditions....I keep thinking of you guys in OK...

Think I had posted an article regarding Vit. D being beneficial with regards to Covid-19...A bit more info/study(190,000 people who had been screened )..take your vitamin D!
              here's the study SARS-CoV-2 positivity rates associated with circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels

and a UPI article talking about the study results:

Vitamin D deficiency increases COVID-19 risk by more than 50%
              A large study confirmed that vitamin D can help defense against COVID-19 -- deficiencies in the nutrient can increase coronavirus risk by more than 50%, researchers report. Photo by PublicDomainPictures/Pixabay

Sept. 17 (UPI) -- Vitamin D deficiency increases a person's risk for getting infected with COVID-19 by more than 50%, research published Thursday in the journal PLOS ONE found.

In a study of more than 190,000 people who had been screened for COVID-19, nearly 13% of those with lower-than-recommended levels of the nutrient tested positive for the coronavirus, the data showed.

Conversely, just over 8% of those with "adequate" vitamin D levels and 6% of those with high levels had COVID-19, according to the researchers.

Overall, the researchers found people with "deficient" levels of vitamin D were at 54% higher risk of having the coronavirus.

RELATED Vitamin D deficiency raises COVID-19 infection risk by 77%, study finds

"Simply going to your local pharmacy, purchasing a vitamin D supplement and taking it as directed can significantly reduce your risk for getting this deadly disease," study co-author Dr. Michael F. Holick told UPI.

"That's as good, if not better, than what any potential vaccine will do in terms of protection," said Holick, a professor of physiology, biophysics and molecular medicine at Boston University.

Vitamin D is thought to boost immune system function, and recent research has suggested it may help protect against respiratory infections, like the flu and the new coronavirus.

RELATED Vitamin D doesn't ease childhood asthma, study shows

The Endocrine Society recommends that infants and children get 400 to 1,000 international units, or IUs, of vitamin D daily, while teens and adults should consume as much as 1,500 to 2,000 IUs per day.

Research suggests that up to 40% of people have vitamin D deficiency, while up to 60% have insufficient levels of the nutrient, said Holick, who chaired the committee that authored the recommendations.

For most people, exposure to sunlight is their primary source of the nutrient, and most people in the northern United States are unable to produce sufficient levels in their skin from November through mid-March, due to lack of sunlight, he said.

RELATED Vitamin D cuts colitis risk in cancer patients on immunotherapy by 65%

Even a typical healthy diet doesn't provide sufficient levels, he said.

The only foods rich in vitamin D are mushrooms exposed to sunlight, cod liver oil and wild-caught oily fish like salmon, according to Holick, who said he uses supplements to increase his intake to 6,000 IUs daily and has all of his patients taking in 3,000 IUs per day.

"A glass of milk only has 100 IUs of vitamin D," he said.

RELATED Vitamin D may improve odds of survival from COVID-19

In their analysis, Holik and his colleagues found that 12.5% of people with less than 20 nanograms per milliliter of vitamin D in their blood -- defined as "deficient" -- tested positive for COVID-19, while 8.1% of those with 30 to 34 nanograms per milliliter -- or "adequate" -- had the virus.

Overall, 5.9% of people with higher levels -- 55 nanograms per milliliter or more -- of vitamin D in their blood tested positive for COVID-19, the data showed.

In a separate analysis, using population data for vitamin D levels based on zip codes, deficiency was more common in areas with higher Black American and Hispanic American populations, the researchers said.

These same areas had higher COVID-19 infection rates -- 16% for Black American majority zip codes and 13% for Hispanic American majority zip codes -- than those with majority White American -- 7% -- populations, they said.

"With the inevitable second wave that's coming, this is a compelling reason for all Americans to improve their vitamin D status," Holick said.
              Last edited by GreenState; 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM.
              "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Vitamin D is a huge benefit for many and thank you for the post. PNW has a high deficiency, so when ever i can I garden in the nude like John Denver did except i don't allow pictures to be taken nope won't see me so no use flying the drones LOL

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                2 negative covid-19 tests and I extreme positive LYME test...5 th time Lyme positive and active.30 day of doxycycline this is a pita as has been 5 other years. Hard to hide in the house when you live in the deep woods.. gotta spray more routinely

Got my flu, pneumonia and shingles (first shot) and have been taking 4K iu of D3 daily. I've got some dental tourism to Mexico coming up. It'll be an adventure. I like adventure.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X