No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be no paying back of the $1000. It will be means tested as it should. I personally think that that the entire amount allotted for this handout (stimulus) should be distributed to people or households with incomes of less than 40K. The fracking industry or for that matter the entire oil industry should not receive a dime. Don't let Boeing go under but the banks they are indebted to should take a haircut on this one.
    Small business bailouts? Sure. With well defined qualifications. Banks? They were supposed to have been stress tested just to stay in existence. Well guess what? It's showtime!.
    As for the media, turn it off if it freaks you out or really analyse it to determine whats significant and whats not. Where I'm at in MI all the stuff that disappeared from the shelves is starting to show back up again. I can go buy eggs, milk, canned goods, water Etc. Did it yesterday. Stocking of the shelves seems to be the biggest problem. Rant over, need to feed the plants.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in total agreement with you smoorman. Not long ago we bailed out f-ing banks and airlines i'm still pissed at that.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      A - fuckin - men!!!! SoOrbudgal

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn straight!

Horse and buggies don't need no bailout. Used to be the only option after walking. Gold don't need none neither. It will always have value anywhere in the world. Silver's another one. All you makers of your own ammo... get to collecting lead. The old tire balancer weight things on a car's tires are made of lead. The new ones are not. Coins will be used as blunderbuss ammo. Banks will be the new TP dispensaries.
    A couple other airline companies are shipping companies. FedEx and UPS rely on shipping, rather than moving people. Remember me when the shipping companies start moving people through their own airlines.
    Invest in FedEx and UPS. Throw me a bone when you become a millionaire. Actually, invest in all similar shipping companies and throw me two bones.
    If you're in the 'drug' business, you're going to hurt because, at a bottom level, drug addicts won't have anything to steal because there won't be anything. Functional addicts won't have their addiction, nor the functionality they had before, being jobless. Occasional users are going to start drinking. Trap houses are going to be overstocked because there won't be any money to spend. Your favorite illicit drug will be dime-a-dozen. Cartels are way going to hurt. Rehabs will empty because of contamination concerns. Crazy folk in the those of withdrawal will be crazier.
    If'n you want to hoard something, hoard weed seeds, a couple backup lights, grow media, and all the things you need to grow. Pass the dutchie pan on the left hand side. That means spread your seed. If you're holding, don't hold out. Nudge-nudge.

I might turn my computer off for a while. I've done a personally heroic amount of Do-si-do shatter. Get some Phish and Beats Antique.

Because of the street I live on, I hear several sirens a day. I don't know if I've heard two in the last three. Less and less traffic. What there is is probably military.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

"I might turn my computer off for a while. I've done a personally heroic amount of Do-si-do shatter. Get some Phish and Beats Antique." Lolol

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        an heroic amount, i like how that sounds

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        ohhh I like them GSC name strains, time for breakfast

Everyone bought up all the toilet paper, meanwhile in rural Michigan these are priorities
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd call that essential supplies...

While that punk NBC reporter was attempting to bait the president with loaded questions, trump did seem upbeat on the possible results of using an already approved drug hydroxychloroquine. I imagine it's being tried off label as we speak. Might be potential.
      A trial has been ongoing since Feb., and one would think they'd have some data in hand by now. So maybe we can have a bit of optimism. I'm aware of 3 drug companies that have already announced a manufacture ramp up of hydroxychloroquine.
      NIH trial link https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04261517

https://www.ajc.com/news/what-hydrox...LAECtNmhyRLsO/
      Last edited by GreenState; 03-21-2020, 08:25 AM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        As much as some dislike Trump I admire his ability to cut through the bull and say things without the candy coating.
        Several countries are working on a vaccine incl., Canada, Israel, China, US and more. Hope it happens sooner then later.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenState takes no liking to the old dragging your feet to get it done I really think it's the right approach to the BS media. Can't trust WHO or China with reporting

I suspect that the BS word salad that comes out of his mouth reflects whats going on in his head.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Me? uncledoug I have no problem with you whatsoever. All I was trying to say is that people are split on the prez, polarized. And the old saying about don't talk politics or religion, I just don't buy it. People should be able to discuss anything they choose, provided they can do so politely. So slinging insults doesn't stimulate a genuine dialogue...

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I'd learned my lesson the last time politics came up here. Did I not effectively steer clear of the subject, politely even I thought?
        But...don't get me started on squirrels(red)! I have the .22 on the piano bench loaded and an extra box of shot shell on top of the piano, enough said

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate tree rats!

Politics killed Jesus. (I learned it from a troll)

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        See, Politics are evil. lol

I like talk'n WEED, animals and gardening.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Enjoy your day. We no longer have the boat but fond memories.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the best pleasures in life. happy for ya. But no boat? What's with that? lol.

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Living the dream. Ain't it great !! God blessed America.

JohnEmad yes it was a sad time for us. Hubby just couldn't keep up with all the work around the place we have and his stroke did a number on his confidence and reaction skills. He had zero interest in getting back in the saddle with it. We had a big ocean boat, this one in the pic and a little 12ft. lake boat. It was our life fishing for salmon every opportunity day off after work we were gone. Our youngest grew up on the ocean, just great memories now.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear of the stroke. No one escapes this game without a few bruises unfortunately. My wife and I enjoy our outdoor adventures immensely and plan on taking a short hike in our foothills in a week or so when the snow has all but melted.
        Nice pictures.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        To everything there is a season...

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal sorry to find that out.... the boat was also one of my favorite activities and can no longer enjoy it as much after hurricane sandy. Those are some great days to have gone thru.

Very pretty cat. Looks like our punkin.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Maine Coon, looks like... Very pretty.

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        We thought so too but she's only about 9 lbs.

Nooooooooooo!!! Pictures of... THOSE!!! I feel a chill when I open a post with a... one of those. You people have your own freaking thread about... those! Don't you remember: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-furry-helpers

alltatup SoOrbudgal Help Mr. Bowhunterwoody out with me and... those. Let him know where I'm coming from. It's coming on pajama time.

We go off on some tangenital angles. Let's get back to something-something, folks.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You're on your own with this one, buddy.

Politics are fine, folks. Lots of good intent but fucked up by politicians.
      Politics don't kill people. People with politics kill people.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

C-19... Huh? Seriously?
        Some regions show significant drops in air pollutants as the coronavirus hits work and travel.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Sorry. Nube. Didn't mean to offend.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh no. No, no, no. Absolutely no offence. Wait a minute for two of you fellow cat folk to chime in. It's a running thing that pops up everywhere. I'm not (usually) one to offend nor be offended.
            But... those...

Just read the other thread in it's entirety. Glad I didn't show a pic of our pet squirrel Rocky. I work in a big box outdoor sports store and it's been absolutely insane the last two weeks. People not acting rational. Alltatup's love and absolute respect for her cat brought me back to earth. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X