No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in dunkin doughnuts a couple of days ago and I started coughing ,when I was done I said sorry folks no worries Im not sick I just smoke to much pot they all chuckled
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I think people are worried because there's talk of a 30 day shut down ,
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

I dont know about these folks and their last minute grabs, I keep all the supplies I need here anyway. I buy a month (or more) at a time.
        What really scares many people about this is the way it spreads, one being contagious before they have symptoms. Tulsa is having all kinds of conferences, and addressing the public. For many this too is causing panic, they tell us they are not testing everyone just those that can prove they have been exposed. They also tell us this will become community spreed, its just a mater of time. And does it really help for them to say every minute to wash your hands?
        None of it scares me, hell if I die from it I'll be out of pain!
        I have to get to the doughnut shop before the run! LOL

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          YES, it really does help to wash hands a lot and keep them away from face.

Not only does Home Depot sell toilet paper but everything else you need!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	home depot.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	383948
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          C'm on GreenState. Is that you or 'a friend?' I wanted to say that dude is going to be next because the filter was made in China. But that might step on the last straw that got under the saddle of someone. I might also mention the small possibility of lead paint, mold, and asbestos falling from your ceiling. But, I'm not judging.
          So, I'll keep it to a shout out about the blue shirt. Blue looks good on me.

First, I never realized that paper towels were such an integral part of preparedness, what ever happened to sponges? Second, my sister works at a tanning salon and business hasn't dropped at all. Different priorities for different folks I reckon.
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Sponges breed bacteria. Towels are disposable and kill the Amazon. Specifically, Bounty.

Does this mean we're postponing, cancelling, or going ahead with the road trip? If we're smart we'll drink lots of hard alcohol a few days before and after getting together. Alcoholics never get sick unless organ failure is involved. Go ask your hard drinkin' buddies when last they had a cold or the flu. By constantly poisoning every bodily opening and pore, germs just get real drunk and die.
        I like my weed and praise it's wonderful warmness and medicinal properties and all that, but I don't trust it to keep me from getting sick from one of you yankees. One of you right-coasters. Non-San Diego natives. Some you folk got worser cooties than others.
        we have touched on this topic again so I looked up legal states with recreation weed and its going to be either Colorado or Illinois .When do we want this to happen early spring so we can do our outdoor stuff, during summer or fall after harvest https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881&gclid=C
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          CB1? Like CB radios? Screwball antibodies? Kooky, wild, crazy antibodies? Little help, Farmall. Are screwball antibodies what give me the giggles?

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah... I think it’s brickweed from your neighbors down the road to the south

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          thats right its the Yankees fault New York that is lol , We do have some pretty odd cooties

You reminded me of Francis 'Buzz' Cooper, back in high school Farmall . Buzz wasn't his name because of selling weed and doing a lot of coke in classes. It was because of his Buzzard beak of a nose. I didn't know no better at the time but the weed was the shijizzle. Big buds. Big, brown, flat, seedy buds that made me laugh at nothing and feel like my couch was trying to eat me. In a soft, warm, cuddly sort of couch eating way. I wonder whatever happened to that couch.
        I can't think of the name of a single other person I bought weed from on a regular basis. Buzz, man. What a guy. I ain't sayin' he was selling weed to the teachers, but he was a real stupid guy who made good grades. Passed a sneak-a-toke around the back row in the computer class. Wanted me to do some coke with him. Even the dick head, rebellious teenager I was, I never got into powders and pills.
        Here's to Buzz Cooper, man! Buzz Fucking Cooper!!!
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Gee Gingerbeard that description brought back some of those same memories... I’ll bet there were Buzzes in every high school. Mine was 1969...Woodstock, Vietnam, free love... (a personal fav)

After reading the thread I have something more to share. The reason why there is hue and cry about corona in US is because of the trajectory at which it is spreading. UK PM also made an address to nation as EU and UK are headed on the same trajectory. While all the gloomy news around corona is all over the world, yesterday good news came from China. China closed down its temporary hospital in city of Wuhan as the number of patients dropped from 15,000 to 15. However it is ambiguous to me as to how did they do that but then it is China. None can explain. Problem in US is that the confusion is at the administration. US put out a new test product which can provide results instantly whether you are infected or not. Some scientists and medical professionals raised their concerns over this method because the method till now to test for corona is to take a swab and send it to lab. In lab your sample will be put through gene sequencing and scan for markers of novel corona virus. This entire process requires 24 hours. There is no instant kit per se.
        So what I mean to say is that this is mostly an administration issue. The disease has it ways of spreading but how governments respond to that is what matters the most to contain death. You can read the below article for more on it. I am a crazy reader but a lazy writer. Also you can watch Trevor Noah on TDS on youtube for corona updates.

2.5 x 2.5 tent
        Viparspectra PAR600
        4" Fan & Filter
        Coco-Perlite
        GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
        1x Cream Cookies
        1x Pineapple Express
        1x Northern Lights
        1x White Widow

Comment

I went to BJ yesterday ,there was a line to get in at 9am when it opened, they were completely out of TP and paper towels ,I calmly walked around the store and collected all the food stuffs I needed in case it goes awhile , I then went to my local food store and finished my shopping ,found everything I needed I also saw one women with a 4 pack of generic TP ,I just dont understand why the run on TP and PT and not food , I have enough staples to last 6 months if needed , but only enough weed for a couple more months lol, I did get out the Mullein,elderflowers and eyebrite to make a tea from ,Mullein breaks up flem in your lungs, eyebrite your sinuses and elderflowers just kick the shit out of flu You all have a very safe and non corvid 19 Day

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            The real panic will start when state and private dispensaries begin to close...I'd be happy if I was a black market retailer (which I'm not)
            Think I just saw on the news that state liquor stores in MA, might have been NH are closing...I keep thinking of the movie Outlaw Josey Wales, when the fella in the saloon said...."and then the beer ran out "..

(and please don't think I'm not taking this virus seriously, I am---interesting youtube videos from a doctor if anyones interested https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching/videos )
            Last edited by GreenState; 03-15-2020, 06:02 AM.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Mullein is another illegal plant that I grow, and it was used on me as an infant to cure Asthma. Dad picked the leaf and burnt it in a bowl fanning the smoke around the room. I never knew I had it until Mom told me a couple of years ago.
            The reason its banned is it can be abused. It grows wild and I let it grow!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just bought a LB of Mullein how is it illegal

I suppose the run on TP makes sense, because home staples are out of stock already in many places. Me, I plan to use soap and water if I run out of TP. What I find pathetic, tragic about this whole thing is how the prices of staples like soap and anti-bacterial products shot up through the roof. Greed reigns supreme. U.S. has totally become a culture of "me, and only me, first."

My university has suspended face to face classes. Covid-19 will run its course here, and everywhere else, as it has done in China. I will be teaching my students via computer and cell phone, and staying home alone. I cancelled my subscription to the NY Times for their dread- and anxiety-provoking journalism. People are nuts, no doubt about it. I will not buy into the hysteria.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            "I cancelled my subscription to the NY Times for their dread- and anxiety-provoking journalism." I blame Ted Turner, 24 hr news. Unfortunately it's morphed into 1 hr of news and 23 hrs of non fact based opinion. The "old grey lady" died a long time ago. Funny I was just talking to my Dad about this yesterday, he said jeez, when I was a kid the news lasted 15 minutes on the radio!...and I said, Walter Cronkite got it done in 30 minutes!!

Ski areas have closed here, this will be a big economic hit for Vermont for sure.
            Last edited by GreenState; 03-15-2020, 06:26 AM.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            See, where I live...it’s been this way for decades.... we call it “Fuck you, me first”.

Drive? Same thing
            Lines ? Same thing
            Restaurants? Same thing
            Toilets at concerts? Same thing

With this current panic... no one even notices.... now THAT’s fucked up

I almost understand the PTs, 'cept you dont them to wipe off the sanitizer.
          Last edited by Rwise; 03-15-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

alltatup refreshing to see a few sane people here. Caution is a good thing as is information....accurate information and we have not seen accurate information on so many things in a very long time...

I did hear this today on NBC news... as it affects something I am working on.... I just received a box from China.... maybe 18” x 24”. Shit.... I ain’t touching it.... so I took some insane practices to help minimize any of my own thoughts and those used for practical chemistry.....

turns out I just heard .... this bug can live in air for 3 hours.... on copper for 4 hours ....cardboard 24 hours and on plastic or steel for 4 days. When I ordered this part, due to shipping and customs and its origin, they said allow up to 43 days aside from that.... it was Chinese New Year in January and the sellers did not return until mid February . Apparently, they don't do shit in China when its New Years no matter what.

it was shipped on Friday and showed up Wednesday.... 😳 damn, that was unexpected

Comment

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              I will suggest spraying some disinfectant if it is not electronics. Though CDC says "Because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures."

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              It is an electronic and mechanical hydraulic pump.... I sprayed the cardboard box (wrapped like heroin or cocaine packs with that shit yellowish packaging tape) with bleach and then acetone.. let that sit overnight, sliced the box open and found a plywood box in there, spray that with bleach, let that sit overnight, opened the box removed the device from its plastic bag, sprayed the entire pump, hoses, cables, switches, fittings...all with 190 Everclear...about 12 different times. I said it was insane, but...I am happier for it.

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Hell yeah!

Heres what surprises me, all the money events that are being canceled, and just the day after they said go spend your money! Now its no licensed gatherings more than 250 folks.

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              We have tickets to some concerts I bought back in October that are all cancelled... most have been rescheduled starting after September .. the one I would have liked to see is Billy Joel’s 80th show at Madison Square Garden in New York City... never saw him after all these years, cancelled.

I hope all those folks who bought out paper products and hand sanitizers are forced to have a garage sale and charge a dime just to get rid of it. Seen dumb asses with cases of shit in there garages can't walk sideways through there. I pitty the allergy coughers and sneezers now they are being glared upon stupid ignorant sheep.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal, when were you in my garage? (Only kidding). I agree, I saw one guy with a pickup bed with those 12 packs of paper towels and stacks of bottled water.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Being an IT guy, I laughed at all the Y2K hysteria, and my Dad had barrels full of food in storage. And this reminds me of that! Next is mass panic and folks hurt.

I don't think they have even heard about it in my assbackward state, of Ms.
            I hope our redneck new Governor, catches a nice case of it, right up in his ass, not really, but I sure wish ,he would at least wake-up.
            We just got enough votes for medical, but 2days before the vote, last week, the Republicans passed another bill, just like our bill, just to confuse people, that is totally against medical.
            And of course, our bill failed, their bill passed, just like them mf-ckers, wanted.
            Ms, will never be legal, we will always be outlaws ,down here. 50years an outlaw, a few more years ain't gonna hurt nothin, I reckon. But it would be nice to be legal.
            Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 03-15-2020, 07:36 AM.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Rwise we been talking to them for years, its a gateway drug according to them, and for awhile JoeBiden,
              We got 2great organizations that are working hard to get something done, they are still fighting for veterans mostly, our state is to red, we almost got a Den. Governor last election, that was for legalization, but a certain group of folks didn't get off there asses, an go vote, but they want to complain all the f-cking, time.
              They legalized them damn gambling boats though.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Are you saying you want the Governor's ass to have respiratory failure? Sounds like a good plan to me!!!

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Go right back with yes it is a gateway to recovery from opioids! It has saved many lives!
              When it got to a vote here they did get off their fat lazy asses and go vote!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X