Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your mantras to get you through anxiety, panic, stress or despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your mantras to get you through anxiety, panic, stress or despair?

Title says it all. Please, Dopers, share your words of wisdom.

"Chill out, it's not the end of the world. Only the end of the world is the end of the world". This helps me take things less seriously

AND

"Fuck it". It is a very empowering phrase

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      Fuck 'em all !! Comes to mind so often.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I just like to stay busy and laugh as much as possible. Be thankful. Good diet, exercise (I get outside as much as I can) and having goals have always helped me stay positive. A few good friends, dogs n cats are high on my list.
      Worry was solved for me like this. If I have control over it then why worry? If I don't have any control over it then why worry? So that just about covers it all.

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the end of the world as we know it ... and I feel fine

Take three,deep breaths - make them slow - goodbye to worry - don't you know.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Get your ass off the couch get out and help others, quit whinning about your situation make life better for your self. Don't be sheep get your heart pumping for life is what you make it, figure it out.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

if you google how to treat phobias it turns out that they all come from a place of anxiety and panic attacks, you can find many ways to work in your mental strength like visualization techniques and progressive exposure, for sadness i smoke weed and think, to control feelings of anxiety or just try to relax i like to do the "military style" breathing; counting 6 while breathing in, hold for two, release in 4 and count one before starting over, it really freaking works for me and i hope it does for you. soorbudgal is right, do stuff, try to do more everyday, get better at something every day, be kinder to someone, more forgiving, more anything you seem as a progress, because in being better than yesterday youll find a purpose in life that benefits you and everyone around you.

Comment

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
            Eliot Pryor commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that photo is from a movie . "Maybe this is as good as it gets"
            Appropriate.

"At least I'm not Gilbert Grape" can put things in perspective lol.
          The best way I know of to feel better about life is just as Budgal said- git up off the couch & outta my head & go help somebody. Pass out a few dime bags among the homeless- better yet- volunteer at the shelter. Etc..

Watch "The Secret".
          Last edited by JDU; 02-21-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinleyRhodes View Post
            Title says it all. Please, Dopers, share your words of wisdom.
            Changing the status quo - Getting up, getting out both of indoors and out of your head are certainly viable strategies. While mantras, cannabis, action may help, don't hesitate to seek counsel if it's not working. A family member, friend, even an emergency room worker or a hotline may make a world of difference...my brother took his life decades ago - It shattered our family. As you can tell here, we wish the best for you but there are limits what a forum can do.
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

When I'm stressed or anxious, I bake. That might sound silly to some, but I'm a retired chef who was never much of a baker. It requires a whole different skill set I had always kind of wanted, so after I turned 50, I decided to learn some new stuff that was just for me. So I ventured into Sourdough and (around the same time) growing weed. The two don't seem to have much in common, but they do. Growing pot is a specialized skill that requires specialized knowledge and equipment. If you do not feed and water your pot, it dies. Sourdough baking is much the same. I have kept my mother starter alive for nine years now. If she is not fed, used, and refrigerated, she dies. There Is magic and science working together here. Just the process of these two activities are so sweetly rewarding, and the end result, so very satisfying. And if nothing more, you will learn patience and to use the quiet times for your own. Look around and try to find that thing, for you, that calms your soul. You just might find it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Could not agree more ChefSheri. Open you heart and mind to living simple. Glad you have your healthy outlets, it's what I call them. Healthy hobbies and activities creating your own joy within.

• Mazzariman
                Mazzariman commented
                Editing a comment
                Well said ChefSheri! I actually decided to make a sourdough starter last October and it is still going strong. I was bored and going out of my mind with PHD (Post Harvest Depression) since I grow outdoors. I quickly started experimenting with using different ingredients for my boules. Kalamata olive with Rosemary is the favorite so far. Roasted garlic with everything seasoning is second. Trying a cinnamon raisin one tomorrow. It's been such a therapeutic endeavor!

“My motto as I live and learn, is dig and be dug in return“

Langston Hughes

Comment

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Comment

I can agree and vibe with all mentioned here. I find myself doing breathing exercises regularly, always helps to center myself. More importantly though, I realized that when I'm going through things I isolate myself. Recognizing patterns in your own self can be hard to see, a bit harder to actually work on. Getting out and breaking The circuitous routine is amazing, going for a walk/hike, reaching out to friends, finding a new hobby to fill the time...for each person it can be different, biggest piece is seeing it for yourself, for once you do, the ball is in your court.

"You are a very special person. There is only one like you in the whole world. There's never been anyone exactly like you before, and there will never be again. Only you. And people can like you exactly as you are." -Mr Rogers

Meesta's Grow
                  2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

I like to smoke weed about it
                    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Toker1 me and my hubby were "weeding" last night during a movie
                      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                      indoor/outdoor grower
                      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
                        Farmbuck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SoOrbudgal Kool !! Me I almost slept last nite in the grow room, the girls are forming their budlets and I'm nervous as hell.

Boy, a bunch of fucked up people!

RELAX...only kidding. It’s part of being human. I usually punch the wall!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you said your wife was Italian Farmall ? I have that fire within me also...….my hubby says I talk like a " Soprano girl " when I get upset and I will tenderize a piece of meat till it's like rice paper LOL

• Farmall
                        Farmall commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hahaha.... actually, my wife is mostly French Canadian. I’m the Italian and I’ve seen the fire..I have a mother and sisters and on those days, I steer clear. Those Italians can be crazy sob’s

• Farmbuck
                        Farmbuck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Farmall French-Canadian tend to be a bit crazy. I should know I'm one of them lolll Wife anglo me franco do si do.
                        Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-22-2021, 01:53 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X