Playing with my new microscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with my new microscope

I got a cheap USB microscope for christmas but I've been pretty busy so I haven't had much chance to play with it. I decided to check out some dispensary stuff I have on hand. I might keep this thread running and put random microscope shots in it from time to time. Everyone else with a scope please feel free to share some shots here as well!

Super Sour Diesel - no amber in sight, not even 50% milky (I like this stuff a lot)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	S20200113_0001.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	366074

Green Crack

Name:	S20200113_0002.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	366075

Seed

Name:	S20200113_0003.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	366085

Comment

Does the Green Crack look like it’s been around awhile? By the picture it looks like that bud has taken a few tumbles. The Sour Diesel looks a bit fresher but I’m not surprised that it’s less than 50% milky. I feel like dispensaries really push the daytime Sativa/ night time Indica line even though 98% of the strains are hybrids. Can’t have a Sativa with 20-30% amber if they’re selling it as uplifting.
      Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

That's awesome man! I love mine! Which one did you get?

I've only used mine a few times, more screwing around than anything, but I'll be checking my plants shortly. Glad you're having fun with it.

Yeah looks like that green cracks been knocked around and lost a lot of crystal. So much LP product is tumble trimmed and automated, or just gets roughed up along the way.

Name:	WIN_20191229_16_37_48_Pro.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	366163Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20191229_16_36_20_Pro.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	366164Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20191229_16_52_54_Pro.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	366165Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20191231_12_05_19_Pro.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	366166

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the Plugabe 2.0. I'm trying to get used to it so I could take some decent trichome shots soon. Yeah the Green Crack looks a bit beat.

This confirms something I have suspected, sad. I wonder if the dif tween the 2 is one was hand trimmed and the other on machine? Or is it the grower, old age etc.? Also how buds from elsewhere compare.
        I have wonder how much better it could be if they let it go to near 100% milky?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I have and just did harvest full milky indica dominant strain, had few amber but not as much as I would normally let it go longer but we needed to harvest it for space reasons and smoking needs. It's turning into a very nice smoke not at all racy thank goodness. That one batch of clear and half milky was a bummer gave it away to a "squeezer" let them press it.

I'm amazed at how early and premature a lot of the LP Stuff from the Canadian government I've seen. Turnaround time must be important, most of it is machine trimmed, or just terribly done roughly by hand. In the last year and few months, I've yet to be blown away, or even surprised by fresh weed coming from the OCS and canadian government.

Comment

I need to play with mine a little bit & see if it's user error or truly a piece of shit.... I too got a cheapo from Amazon & couldn't see a damn thing through it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you remove the cap? Adjust focus? make sure the light is on if included?

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to get right on the bud to see it

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean right up on the bud! It works well but you have to get it pretty much against or inside the plastic shield.

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              The focus (zoom) isn't twist, you pull it out. But you pretty much have to be touching the bud with the microscope to see anything

Name:	S20200114_0002.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	366317

Name:	S20200114_0003.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	366318

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm jealous lolol

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              These are all taken with a USB microscope, not the little handheld. I have one of those too and I can see stuff with it but I have to put it right up to the angled opening and have the extendable lens collapsed.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahhh.... yeah I got the collapsible one. 😑

Those are some nice pics. I ordered one the other day from Amazon, USB style and I had zero luck getting the apps to recognize the microscope being plugged in. I returned it and got the wireless one that connects through WiFi. Pretty freaking awesome I must say. Really impressed with how well it functions and it was on sale too, only paid like $30.
            4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
            GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
            Second.Grow​​
            PC.Grow
            Grow.3
            4th.Grow
            I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

This is more dispensary bud. I can't get many trichomes in focus at one time but it's loaded.

Name:	S20200118_0001.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	367703

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Huh all those trichs look clear to me. What strain is that ?

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                They are mostly clear to partly milky, not alot of full clouds or amber, I probably would have let it go a few more days but I'm not trying to make money. I do like a speedy buzz though for most of the day so it's been pretty good to me. It's called Cobra Commander. I think it was bred by a local as I can't find anything online other than the actual testing certs which is odd but very cool imo. https://www.okbudprocessors.com/medi...aCommander.pdf

Wow, those Digital Microscopes are neat! I'd like to get one, but I just ordered a T5 light. I better wait a while, at least until my wife's "Crab Medicine" is ready to smoke.
              3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
              3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
              Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
              2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
              4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
              6" Oscilatting Fan
              GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
              "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                And we know shes not reading here,,,

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL@Sledrock My hubby will go to the cubboard take out our little doobie jar hold it out in front of me if I get "out of sorts" that pretty much puts me in check.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X