• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something like veni-vidi-vici. Or is it weedi-widi weedy

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      psssst..@Mr.furley...what is he saying..?

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's funny haahaa hee

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s Latin... it supposed to mean “I came, I saw, I conquered “ a comment by Julius Caesar.....

I have to agree with billyboy,@NickyChicks, Mr.furley and possilby Farmall in the next post but i have no idea what hes trying to say..lol. We should stick to the original parameters. I dont think anyone got a head start or upper hand, because nobody ever tried to harvest a weed plant out of a solo cup. And i think it was a great learning experience for all who have entered. Im pretty sure we all could have done something a little different(or wished we did). I should have picked a seed that had a shorter grow/flower time.(DUH) Plus i think the next solo grow should be exactly the same..we've tried it once..now lets see what everybody can do after the first experiment!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

We will just leave it the way it was written.

2) Your Plant must be grown between January 1st 2020 and all enters for competition need to be "submitted" by April 10th 2020.

besides Greenlivin dry weight isnt the only factor

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...792#post341792
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        ohh ok easy peasy.. good to know cause little miss solo cup isnt getting off that easy...were sticking it out till the end weather she likes it or not.!

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes amazing is right..im just wondering the limits of these constrained plants, once growers have tried it once or twice.! And JohnEmad, do you work at a nuclear power plant?? that explains your plant!!

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good! No hard feelings here. Just wanted to see what others thoughts were since I wasn’t the only one behind. Rules are rules. If they’re broken then what’s the point? Good luck to everyone on finishing up! We’ll see if mine hangs on to the finish line. So far it’s still surviving the prune job.

I was hoping that the dark devils would be done they are in the middle of week 9 and not a amber tric
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

The Gorilla Glue auto is all weighed up and came in at 26.4g. Not too shabby for a little solo cup journey!

This was a fun little competition, everyone is doing awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_084103_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	388111

Name:	20200326_084457_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	738.2 KB
ID:	388110
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          basically an oz of the good stuff from a little cup. very nice.
          I have to grow some GG soon. It is v popular so must be for a good reason.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Basically an ounce of Glue from a solo cup, way to grow man!

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys! I agree, and am very happy with it!

No kidding good haul ya'all
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Tall but still skinny :-)

Name:	IMG_20200326_131217.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	388289

Name:	IMG_20200326_131222.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	388290

Comment

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! That’s looking great. How tall is she?

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Around 22 in from the lip of the cup to the top bud

HOLY SHIT I gave her some sonic bloom yesterday and look what happened overnight
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          seems a bit of camera wizardry may be afoot here...lol.

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn I need some of that sonic boom. Or maybe just a better camera? 🧐

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I intentionally left the strap to the real pot in picture glad everyone had a chuckle

It's been an real treat to watch this contest. Glad I don't have to judge. Maybe 5 gallon buckets are overkill. Set up lots of solo cups. Thank you @Mrfurley for starting this contest and all you great growers for contributing. Good growing to all !!
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

She’s hanging on, but I don’t think it’s going to make it much longer. I’ve had a little fan blowing at the roots to keep the oxygen going and avoid more root rot. The buds seem to have fattened up a little more, but she’s giving plenty of symptoms that she’s not happy. Almost as if she’s in the last week of flower...but I still have about 2.5 weeks to go.

Great job to everyone so far! A lot of badass plants out there.
          Current Grow:
          • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
          • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
          • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
          ​​​​Nutrients
          • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
          • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
          • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
          • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
          • Black Strap Molasses
          • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
          • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Well Greenlivin, just be happy that your home with your family..im a grampa now and i'd really love to see my grand daughters for even a short visit.Face time is fun but not the same. Get creative, and make the most awesome ramp that dad can make! You can keep busy repairing all the little divits in the stairwell wall in a week or so...lol stay healthy and dont loose your shit! When i was a kid..we woke up and didnt come home till supper.. I cant imagine my parents say..Nope, You have to stay in for the next couple of weeks and you cant see your friends either..WTF!!! probably would have killed my brother lolo....

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s hard to realize how short the time is while they’re this young when you’re in the thick of all the chaos. Fortunately, my parents set a good example and I do my best to step it up a notch from that. I took a job last year that allows me to work from home vs working 60hrs a week running a retail jewelry business. So since that change, I have been able to spend a lot more quality time with the kiddos. We have one more on the way, and calling it quits after that! Hopefully your grand kids aren’t too far?

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy! You two have a handfull..Great stuff!! Really enjoy them now cause they start to piss you off at around 12-13 and from then on...lol. No just kidding. Raise um right and you'll never have too much of a problem. Grand kids arent too far away but everyone is staying put for the time being.

heres the real girl she weighed in at 26 grams at 6 inches tall, the 2nd pic is a bottom branch, I cut off to get the fake cup around the trunk

Comment

Is this where I join?
          God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have a solo cup plant, throw up some pictures here.

We will be judging in a new thread after the 1st.

• Old1stTimer
            Old1stTimer commented
            Editing a comment
            Its ok maybe next year. It's to late I didn't realize the end date was coming so soon seed not popped yet. But thnx.

very impressed by some of the results here!!
          my contestant is still alive and growing, but not much. i don't have any space in the tent so it sits at the bottom shaded by her two big sisters. i think i'll just keep it alive until it's warm enough to put it outside and i'll see what happens from there

Comment

• JuanHondo
            JuanHondo commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks. i do plan on transplanting

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            wowza..your big sisters are looking Fine!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            JuanHondo you can put on a pedestal so shes at the same height as the others who look great by the way

Think my big girls are about spent - maybe tomorrow......
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Mr.furley This may end up being my ugly is beautiful final moments picture of Han Solo Cup. This is a Seedsman White Widow photo period plant. She was dropped early on 1/1/2020 per instructions. Grown in Ocean Forest using FF Trio nutes. I flipped the tent at 2-weeks for Han hoping to keep her compact. Seems to have succeeded at that anyway. Han battled early pH issues (who knew tap water could vary so much!) that got fixed early. Then Han battled light stress and decided to reward me with lovely nanners. Successful surgery followed and Han chugged along. BUT...stressed plants (18oz pot, pH issues, lights and nanner issues) all lead to parasites and the end of days for Han. He battled Darth bravely but the BORG would have scared even the Sith Lord back to the light side!

So it is with a heavy heart that I present Han Solo in all of her battle scarred glory. I hope to get it chopped, washed and dried prior to 4/10 with a follow up but it may be beyond saving.
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Well done ONW. These solo cup grows are not easy and fighting all that is commendable to be sure.

• Eliot Pryor
            Eliot Pryor commented
            Editing a comment
            Very well done !! May I ask ? What you mean "wash it " ?

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Good job getting it hear.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X