No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mr.furley Did I miss the post where you talked about how you cleverly disguised the holes in your cup?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Photoshop! Hahaha. No you didn't miss a thing, I didnt speak of it and do have two set of holes.
      1) 8ish is on top of the cup for training purposes
      2) 20ish on bottom for drainage

I am not concerned with root pruning in a small container, only drainage and training.

OH this will be fun! Should I enter this year? I tried starting in a solo cup last year but it got root bound, what's the secret, do you guys take it out and break up the roots and put it back in or what?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1528.JPG Views:	0 Size:	393.8 KB ID:	365019

Comment

that ones growing like crazy! Roots look really healthy... has it always been in that clear cup?
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

No that's just what I started one of my sour kush plants in. I went from that into a half gallon when I saw the roots spiraling at the bottom, and heard that clear cups aren't good for roots, even though they seemed happy.

I DO want to run an autoflower start to finish in a solo, I just want tips so I don't kill it.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, I have no idea ! I always use solo cups and my seedlings and clones always seem nearly rootbound after only 2-3 weeks. It will be a miracle if I actually finish without having to abandon the cup and pot up.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          homegrown I'm screwed I went with a short stocky plant because of the solo cup lol
          @Funky coco for a medium and water multiple times a day,if you look at the rest of the grow those are only 3 gallon pots and by watering 6 times a day they thrive ,I was amazed at how well they grew ,

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          6 times a day? I don't remember to eat breakfast until 4:00 pm a lot of days, I'd have a hard time with that. I don't have any coco either and my peat moss has been outside for a long time so I refuse to bring it into my indoor garden. I only have Happy Frog and Ocean Forest on hand and inside.

So is the goal for most yield? Would I best to run an autoflower under strong light and pump it out in a solo cup? Or try to slowly train and veg a photo plant?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Forget the Purple Hulk. I'm growing melons. I dooo loves me some good melons. Even small ones that would grow in a Solo cup.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes I scrolled through the whole first page who else did lol

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I was frightened, oldjarhead100. I have my computer hooked up to my VR glasses. Scared the shit out of me at first. Like 'BAM! BOOBS! DOUBLE BAM!' Photoshopped my neighbor's head on the lady using her hands as a bra. The neighbor is a 72 year old racist asshole who generally hates people. I'll print out the image and put it under his windshield wiper blade. Aught to be a real hoot! BAM!

Welp no show for the 2nd WW auto. Two days ago I just put it into the soil cup cause she's being a Bi-och with a dome. Nothing so I scratched around in the cup found the seed lifted it closer to surface with a toothpick covered slightly with soil dome back on and I this time stuck under my t-5 why? hell I don't know maybe it's shy. So she can sit there and i'll wait couple more days then compost the whole deal. I will just observe the show going forward, i'll comment on the seed if she cracks surface.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal sendem back to new420guy! amnesia lemon kush seeds from last years grow both popped. the seedling that I planted on the 5th is 2 1/2 inches tall. That's the seed I salvaged from the grinder. I have one 26 watt CFL on it. I'm not turning on any big lights until I have more plants coming along.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Ugh, sucks. I will bring you a few fresh ones. I'm starting a couple too, I may pull superdense out of the grow to actually grow it right and see if it really is "superdense", especially since I only have the one, and I have a boat load of Pure White Haze Fem and Sour60 regulars which are supposed to finish in 60 days.

I am still going to enter this contest. I will not start mine before next sunday but I feel confident that I can catch up in that timetable.

However saying that I'm used to growing in huge pots. So we will see. I'm to lazy to water all the time. That's what will get me.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you most likely will catch up especially me LOL

Beans are germing as we speak. I picked a decent looking Sour Kush auto seed. Saving my better ones for my proper grow. I popped 2 in paper towel in plastic bags.

Going to run them out in solo cups with a mix of pro-mix and coco. I'll be popping my proper plants in a few more weeks when I can make space in the closet.

I think I might have some ideas to make this solo cup grow work

Comment

Hear me out.... Clear solo cup like I showed earlier. However double cupped in a black one incase of any light issues.

Periodically take plant out to trim or train roots.

Stick stiff coat hanger horizontally through the solo cup to give me some anchors to tie off to for training.

No reason why those ideas won't help?

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            You play with the roots?

My grinder seed of at least half amnesia lemon kush genetics is 6 days old, and 2 1/2 inches tall. She was planted on the 5 th,and saw first light on the 8th. I don't know if you can see it, but there is a helmet head in her shadow I planted as a back up a few days ago. When it sheds its helmet I will transplant it into its own cup. This bitch is gonna eat you alive. does that sound too aggressive?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0780.JPG Views:	14 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	365382 Sorry for the crappy photo. Didn't want to get my camera out of the desk.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by starramus; 01-12-2020, 06:52 AM. Reason: i toopid, but try to hide it.

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Getting the seeds for this year's grow organized. Will be vegging indoors in the basement, and moving outdoors/the barn depending on temps for flowering in the spring. I want to avoid the summer's stifling heat. Will be planting from my Nirvana stock 1 Amnesia Haze, 1 Aurora Indica, 1 Girl Scout, 1 Master Kush, 1 OG Kush, 1 Original Glue, and 1 White Widow. From Seedsman 1 Jack Herer, and 1 Badazz OG Cheese. From Mandala seeds 1 Hashberry. From FastBuds 2 Green Crack Autos, and 2 Gorilla Glue Autos. I want to get these going so I can turn on some lights. The utility company has its hand out.

All solo cup combatants up and growing. Gave them all a very light feeding 2 days ago.
          The dbl grape and creme de la chem going into autopots in a few days and are not part of the cup comp.

Comment

Started 6, sprouted 5, one GG#4 didnt make it. So i threw in a freebie cheese cause their pretty forgiving. She's up now and ready to grow. Didn't even realize what i had done till i took some pics tonight. I have one Purple Ayahuasca from bag seed, 1 Hindu Kush, 2 GG#4 and 1 Quarter Pounder with Cheese. hahaha. One of these will be my solo grow contestant..probably one of the GG#4, and the others will go into the tent for next grow.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

the first pic is the contestant the rest are growers lol I had to run a few more water lines to cover the new pots
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I finally have a contestant Click image for larger version

Name:	20200112_082712.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	365510
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea someone got a green showing. I'm still waiting LOL it's probley not gonna happen. I probley reuse this soil in the cup and have 2 friggin sprouts come up in another grow. Always happens to me that way.

First one cracked, still not ready to plant. Got my cups ready, and ready to try out some new food. Going to plant two just incase.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2225.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	365591Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2234.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	365592

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  LurkingInTheGrass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you calculated the topdress quantities yet?

I'm still flipping between salt and the organic

• dropinbiking
                  dropinbiking commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I just mixed up a small half gallon of promix with about 20% perlite, and went 50/50 all purpose and bloom, at their recommended levels. Won't be worried about dressing anything for a long time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X