Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Getting the seeds for this year's grow organized. Will be vegging indoors in the basement, and moving outdoors/the barn depending on temps for flowering in the spring. I want to avoid the summer's stifling heat. Will be planting from my Nirvana stock 1 Amnesia Haze, 1 Aurora Indica, 1 Girl Scout, 1 Master Kush, 1 OG Kush, 1 Original Glue, and 1 White Widow. From Seedsman 1 Jack Herer, and 1 Badazz OG Cheese. From Mandala seeds 1 Hashberry. From FastBuds 2 Green Crack Autos, and 2 Gorilla Glue Autos. I want to get these going so I can turn on some lights. The utility company has its hand out.

• homegrown
    replied
    Started 6, sprouted 5, one GG#4 didnt make it. So i threw in a freebie cheese cause their pretty forgiving. She's up now and ready to grow. Didn't even realize what i had done till i took some pics tonight. I have one Purple Ayahuasca from bag seed, 1 Hindu Kush, 2 GG#4 and 1 Quarter Pounder with Cheese. hahaha. One of these will be my solo grow contestant..probably one of the GG#4, and the others will go into the tent for next grow.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    All solo cup combatants up and growing. Gave them all a very light feeding 2 days ago.
    The dbl grape and creme de la chem going into autopots in a few days and are not part of the cup comp.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Forget the Purple Hulk. I'm growing melons. I dooo loves me some good melons. Even small ones that would grow in a Solo cup.

• starramus
    replied
    My grinder seed of at least half amnesia lemon kush genetics is 6 days old, and 2 1/2 inches tall. She was planted on the 5 th,and saw first light on the 8th. I don't know if you can see it, but there is a helmet head in her shadow I planted as a back up a few days ago. When it sheds its helmet I will transplant it into its own cup. This bitch is gonna eat you alive. does that sound too aggressive?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0780.JPG Views:	14 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	365382 Sorry for the crappy photo. Didn't want to get my camera out of the desk.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by starramus; 01-12-2020, 06:52 AM. Reason: i toopid, but try to hide it.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal sendem back to new420guy! amnesia lemon kush seeds from last years grow both popped. the seedling that I planted on the 5th is 2 1/2 inches tall. That's the seed I salvaged from the grinder. I have one 26 watt CFL on it. I'm not turning on any big lights until I have more plants coming along.

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Mr.furley Is this what you mean by cup appeal? https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/b...obs%20in%20bra

• dropinbiking
    replied
    Hear me out.... Clear solo cup like I showed earlier. However double cupped in a black one incase of any light issues.

Periodically take plant out to trim or train roots.

Stick stiff coat hanger horizontally through the solo cup to give me some anchors to tie off to for training.

No reason why those ideas won't help?

Leave a comment:

• dropinbiking
    replied
    Beans are germing as we speak. I picked a decent looking Sour Kush auto seed. Saving my better ones for my proper grow. I popped 2 in paper towel in plastic bags.

Going to run them out in solo cups with a mix of pro-mix and coco. I'll be popping my proper plants in a few more weeks when I can make space in the closet.

I think I might have some ideas to make this solo cup grow work

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    replied
    I am still going to enter this contest. I will not start mine before next sunday but I feel confident that I can catch up in that timetable.

However saying that I'm used to growing in huge pots. So we will see. I'm to lazy to water all the time. That's what will get me.

Leave a comment:

• WeirdWiredWolf
    commented on 's reply
    All my clones have been taken using just water; I do use an opaque container/cover but other than that nothing other than sunlight and making sure the container is full. Water is PH'ed but that's it. Occasionally I've had to trim some roots when repotting (my record is 8" when I finally remembered to check on it), that doesn't seem to slow them down.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Judging for the competition is pretty simple,
    This is not necessarily a biggest yield contest, it's more like did you follow the rules, how creative did you get, finial plants look and health.
    I like the phase "cup appeal".
    I will edit the header to state the above

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Welp no show for the 2nd WW auto. Two days ago I just put it into the soil cup cause she's being a Bi-och with a dome. Nothing so I scratched around in the cup found the seed lifted it closer to surface with a toothpick covered slightly with soil dome back on and I this time stuck under my t-5 why? hell I don't know maybe it's shy. So she can sit there and i'll wait couple more days then compost the whole deal. I will just observe the show going forward, i'll comment on the seed if she cracks surface.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think the criteria for judging was ever fully ironed out or at least has not been posted (that I have found). It would be nice to know what we'll be judged on.
    Hey Mr.furley can you edit the first post and add some judging criteria so we know what to strive for?

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Goal of this grow is a awesome plant grown completely in a sole cup from start to finish. You do not have to be a competitor to grow along here, so pick a cup, drop a seed and post up some pictures.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X