Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    replied
    20 days already. Drip system working alright. My other 2 cup contenders didnt make the grade so I may try 1 more seed and see what happens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_195046.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	368988Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_195055.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	368989

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I forgot to say most of the plants have 4 nodes so next week could be the first week of bondage for them

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    well in order to keep my room in the 60s I have reduced my exhaust fans run time to 15 minutes every 4 hours, the bright side of this is it boosts my RH into the 60% range,

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    DingusKhan alot of unused nutrients wash out of your plant with the runoff if you let it suck up the run off your putting all that waste right back into your plant and your roots will suffer for it

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    thanks guys I just ordered two 300 w heaters for the same price as one reservoir heaters

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Here's my current lineup; 2 seedlings and 4 clones. Although a bunch of the clones are just passing thru as part of the clone along.

homegrown I'm not really a coco guy, I prefer both DWC and soil. I really find coco to be too much day to day work. The solo cup grow was just an excuse to try a bunch of stuff to see how it went.. And this is my first time doing coco since my first grow, when I did a coco and a DWC plant. Since then, I've come to prefer how you can really not water for several days at a time.

Which is to say I don't really know if this is a good way to do this. I do kinda drench the plant, I top feed half strength noots, and I'm working my way up to full strength because that's what Mr.furley said he's doing. But since I can't water her multiple times per day, I have her sitting in a plastic mason jar cap , with her run off until she soaks it up, most of the time. So it's sort of a combination of top feeding and bottom soaking. I also let her have some dry off time. I try to water again before she gets wilty, though. I'm just feeding DWC grow nutrients (which is why I don't mix it full strength) as I mix up my buckets.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Hey DingusKhan, so your not drenching them when you water them? Just water when they look or feel dry?

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    thanks oldjarhead100 i'm gonna go back and do some reading. So, with your auto water system, is the coco always wet? OR just damp? And do you have run-off as its watering or is it just enough water to keep it damp?

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Can set the reservoir on a seedling mat. Make sure to insulate underneath. Like a sheet of reflectix under plywood.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm playing with Coco, too. And yes it's weird how the water just falls right out. It's lighter when soaked then a moderately dry cup of soil.

I've been feeding half strength nutrients and water in little sips either several times a day when I think about it while playing in my closet and tent.

But it's still small enough to not get wilty if I forget.

Yesterday, I set it in a jar lid and let it sit in the runoff which got soaked up by this morning.

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise Sounds electrifying. I think I'd stick with the fish tank heaters.

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I use aquarium heaters in my reservoir. They sell them rated based on how many gallons they are rated to keep warm. Just set your desired temperature and the heater does the rest.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Why not get a fish tank heater and put that in your reservoir? Might need two, but think they are thermostatically controlled

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I have not tried it but, take 2 metal plates spaced about 1/4 inch apart, attach a power cord and drop it in water, plug it in and watch the heat happen. This is an old collage trick I read about for making hot water in the dorm, by the way do not touch it while plugged in, respect the power!

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    Its freaking cold here outside grow room was 41 yesterday morning room stayed over 60 but I did adjust the timer on the exhaust fan so it only runs for 30 mins twice a day ,

Does anyone know a good way to heat a reservoir water temp up , My water temp is between 40 and 50 degrees to cold in my mind, I have quite a few air pumps if I hook up 3 or 4 and push warm air through them maybe any thoughts please

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X