ID:	378471Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_111939.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	378470

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    2 week since the switch for these girls, the coco cup looks a little sad but i dried her out pretty good. She looks much better today than yesterday since I fed her

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good! Got some nice buds forming there

• OlderNOTwiser
    replied
    One of these things is not like the others...

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    great idea for tying down I'll have to store that one only problem is putting something in my head is like putting a lighter in a woman's purse tough to find again lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    looking good I love the first picture with the sky in backround

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Getting her cleaned up tonight, she's a little droopy I'll be watching that a bit. On another note I had to bust some LST on the Solo cup to balance out the plant pulling on the other side, that's a first.
    roughly day 8 from the flip.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200224_002413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	378346
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200223_211921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	378347Click image for larger version  Name:	20200223_211911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	378348

Leave a comment:

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    interesting. Didn’t think it would be so tricky. Going to give it a whirl though and see what I come up with. Have you tried this on a larger scale? Curious how it affects yield.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    It's a little more time consuming, but when I tie down branches to the edges of the container, I keep snagging the wires when I pluck leaves, and occasionally break off nice big branches. I don't have that problem now.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Greenlivin, I use the skinny soft wire and gently wrap it around the stem, and then bend the wire in order to hold the shape of the stem bent over. With the top bent over, it causes the lower branches to grow longer, even let them catch up to the main top.

When the clone is about 3 inches tall with 3 or 4 side branches, I take about an 8 inch piece of wire, and I start with middle of the wire at the soil, and I gently spiral it up and around the stem careful to avoid wrapping over the tiny side branches, and slightly loose to allow for room to grow thicker, and continue wrapping until just below the tip, leaving an inch or two of excess wire to use as a handle for when you need to unwind and rewrap in about a week, and allow for continued growth.

Then gently bend the wire and stem together, until the top is almost touching the side of your cup.

The bottom branches will start growing longer and stronger. When it's almost as long as the main, usually a week or so, I unwrap the bottom end of the wire from the trunk, and re-wrap it around the bottom branch to hold it out in the opposite direction from the main stem. I take another short wire to spread the next two branches out to the sides to make like a quadline, and then topped and fimmed the tips.

You could make your main stem go longer into a big spiral, and cut off all the branches pointing into the center...

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Dingus, I too am trying some new stuff with mine. I think I’m going to let one go in veg to see if I can make a sweet bonsai tree. Training based on your picture here. What is the spiral tie-down helping with? Open ears to any other tips you may have.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, she's got tiny pistils showing. They look great!

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks OJH! This is fun, once they get about as big as the cup, it's almost impossible to overwater them. I think a few of these would be great for noobies to get to love to death, and overdo everything.

I set out on this project more to try things that I've never done, like let a plant just grow straight up, or try to do all the things we're not supposed to, like over feed and over water in both coco and straight Ocean Forest, just to see what happens.

Maybe I'll harvest one really early and smoke it all the same day, see how racy and paranoid I get, and let the other one go waaaay amber, and get all in-da-couch.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X