Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    NickyChicks. Well, a little too much Catholic school? Purgatory for Cannabis? 😂

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Cool thanks again Obi-Wan. I like the idea of a transition stage, for the buds between dry and cure. Purgatory for cannabis. Going to see if I have some extra totes in the attic.

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t have any experience with the grove bags myself but the growers that do are A+ in my book. I’m a wet trimmer myself and I leave the buds on individual branches this time of year in the northeast USA. It’s a bit dry and I want to leave as much moisture as I can. That being said anything harvested past May in my parts gets clipped at the bud and dried on a rack. Right now I put my dried branches in a tote to bridge the gap between dry and cure. They go into the tote at about 70% RH and I’ll leave it cracked open until it drops to 60%. I’ll then set the lid tight over night and check them in the morning. Normally the RH rises over night and I crack the lid again. I repeat this process until the maintain 62% RH for 24 hours with the lid closed. As soon as it’ll hold that 62% for 24hours it’s ready to jar with only weekly burps for a month or so. I follow the same process with my summertime harvests with the only difference being that the totes are filled with buds only rather than stems with buds.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Obi-Wan! Checked with a loupe today, pretty much all clear, few cloudy. I'm definitely looking for a good amount of amber. I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier, right now rH in my basement is 40% give or take a few. I bought Grove Bags after hearing about them on here and then doing some research myself. I plan to chop, trim and hang each branch/cola. If the stars align, I harvest the whole tent at once and can hang them inside and have a more controlled environment. Any tips you care to share with a first timer? I would hate to ruin the fruits of my labor !

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    You have yourself a sea of fat resinous colas!! It’s gonna be a great harvest, make sure you have your dry and cure plans in place. Flavor and aroma are won & lost in the dry/cure stage.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JohnEmad, hoping to harvest all of them around the last week of April. I'm ready to start the next grow already lol

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    beautiful looking grow you have there. well done.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Another week in the books, starting week 7 of flower and hoping for another week of buds fattening and trichomes popping up. It's possible it's in my head but I'm pretty certain I've already seen a noticeable change in the appearance of my buds since using the UVB. Today would be day 4 of using it and I can say for sure that I've noticed darkening of pistils, especially on the chocolate kush and the white widow plants. The widow widow plants have been superstars during flowering and they are looking mighty fine. Lots of trics and nice round buds. I took a few pics right after the lights went out the other night. It's amazing how nice the plants actually look without the yellow HPS light beaming on them. The order they uploaded in, completely random. Happy Monday everyone, stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, that looks just like mine. 😉 mine was worse... a nightmare

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    NickyChicks The symmetry in your hanging them looks too perfect.... I’d have thought otherwise. I have them, they mount onto the hood and then the fluorescent fixture... one on each side and are adjustable... but, I used ratchets as well. They were already hanging and in the nightmare of pre-existing ‘stuff’, I just let them hang.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    I added a pic of how it's hung. I'm sure you really didn't need to see it to understand but there it is anyways

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall nope just some ratcheting rope hangers. I had some extra ones and they seem to be ok for everything else I've hung inside the tent. I'm going to try and look into what you're talking about, might be useful for my future grows

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Hey NickyChicks I like that setup... are you using the metal brackets they sell for attaching the fixture to the hood of your main lighting? I got a pair on eBay ...if I remember $32.00 for 2?

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    😂😂 that's not what I was going for but I think that's a bonus!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    How interesting at least you'd be sterile LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X