Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    BEDTIME: Sorry to hear about that .... my wife gets a cold or bronchitis and then pneumonia if the dogs tail makes a fast breeze ... no clue why and it is a factor for the last 45 years. Most days, 10:30 pm it is like someone took the battery out....I gotta go to bed and off she goes. Around 11:30-12:30 I get a second wind and heaven forbid ....if I’m reading some cool thing here on weed, I start getting ramped up and wider awake.

If The Firm, Top Gun or Crocodile Dundee isn’t re-running for the 2500th time, I’ll watch that til I nod off after a 2 capsule dose of MCT extraction... then, like magic 6;00am...it an automatic wake up. Without work now at 1 day a week, I do a lot here but have days I just hang out.

Going thru a seed collection today to see which strains are next to germinate. I’m also taking a few of the seeds from a hermied Durban Poison to see what they are capable of

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Self isolating, choosing not to work even though I'm considered essential. My SO is immunocompromised so I don't want to risk her health. So to answer your question, I don't have a bedtime right now. Stuck at home with a tent full of plants that aren't ready to be smoked lol

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Ain’t it time to go to bed😳

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    I opted for plants with short flowering times 50-55 days with the exception of the green crack 58-63 days. If I can get amber, great! If I only get cloudy, great! My next grow will consist mostly of indica leaning strains.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Oh? Then count on it....your looking for that type of effect anyway since you’ve opted for sativa type plants yes/no?

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall I get the feeling the words stem splitting strikes a nerve with some people lmao. 17 days is still a decent amount of time to allow them to mature. I realize that breeder flowering times are not exactly a go to but I did choose plants with shorter expected flowering times. Also, is there truth to the claim that some sativas will never turn amber? 2/3 of my tent are sativa dominant.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I was going to say...ok, so split the stems and see where you get but I saw that you read it’s bullshit. On the other hand, quite a few posts , my own included, discussing the later than planned harvests due to extended maturity time-frame of trichomes.. it would be a shame to have to chop a less than desirable product just to start over again. You clearly have a great foundation in this crop so hopefully it will develop well and timely not having spent all that time and money to get un-wanted results.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 64 of 12/12 roughly 50-54 days into flower depending on which plant you look at. Changed the water today and according to my feed schedule this is the 'ripen' week. Unfortunately I ran out of GH Bloom and was only able to give 1/4 of it's normal dose, not much I can do about it. The USPS has 7 bottles of my nutrients that I was expecting Friday/Saturday sitting at one of their hubs and I have yet to get an update. I think I'm close enough to harvest that it shouldn't matter and if it does, unfortunately there's not much I can about it right now. This week I added Ripen from GH, I think it's similar to Dry Kool Bloom except it's liquid. It says to use in the last 2 weeks prior to harvest, 2 weeks prior add Ripen to regular feed schedule, 1 week prior use just Ripen it's meant as a standalone supplement.

One of my white widow plants, much more noticeable than the others, showing some deficiency I'm thinking calcium. It's been very slight for a couple weeks and this past week it was more severe. Am I close enough to the finish that it shouldn't matter or is there something I can try and do. My pH has always been between 5.5-6.5, usually on the lower end of the range. This week and the past 2 weeks I've kept it above 6.0 thinking it's a cal def and I read cal gets absorbed above 6.2.

I'm really really really hoping the plants finish by the end of the month. Honestly, regardless of where they're at, I'm going to harvest them not later than May 1 so I can start my next grow. Right now, the tricomes are mostly clear with some cloudy on the buds, some of the sugar leaves seem to be more cloudy and I have seen amber on 2 plants but not nearly the amount I'm looking for.

Patience patience patience but, are there any methods I could do to help my plants mature/finish faster? I did raise my lights a few inches and I am using a ballast without a dimmer, but I do have one with dimming from 600 to 400 to 250. Should I consider using that ballast to lower the wattage at some point? I've heard of methods like stem splitting and things like that but they don't seem to hold much merit from what I can find. I read that strains like Acapulco gold got their names because of literally how golden they looked. It's said growers used stem splitting at the correct time right before harvest to get the trics to amber up. Sounds cool, but I've also read that it's a bunch of bullshit lol. I'm not really willing to try that but I am curious to see what kinds of things anyone has tried.
    Last edited by NickyChicks; 04-13-2020, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    NickyChicks. Well, a little too much Catholic school? Purgatory for Cannabis? 😂

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Cool thanks again Obi-Wan. I like the idea of a transition stage, for the buds between dry and cure. Purgatory for cannabis. Going to see if I have some extra totes in the attic.

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t have any experience with the grove bags myself but the growers that do are A+ in my book. I’m a wet trimmer myself and I leave the buds on individual branches this time of year in the northeast USA. It’s a bit dry and I want to leave as much moisture as I can. That being said anything harvested past May in my parts gets clipped at the bud and dried on a rack. Right now I put my dried branches in a tote to bridge the gap between dry and cure. They go into the tote at about 70% RH and I’ll leave it cracked open until it drops to 60%. I’ll then set the lid tight over night and check them in the morning. Normally the RH rises over night and I crack the lid again. I repeat this process until the maintain 62% RH for 24 hours with the lid closed. As soon as it’ll hold that 62% for 24hours it’s ready to jar with only weekly burps for a month or so. I follow the same process with my summertime harvests with the only difference being that the totes are filled with buds only rather than stems with buds.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Obi-Wan! Checked with a loupe today, pretty much all clear, few cloudy. I'm definitely looking for a good amount of amber. I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier, right now rH in my basement is 40% give or take a few. I bought Grove Bags after hearing about them on here and then doing some research myself. I plan to chop, trim and hang each branch/cola. If the stars align, I harvest the whole tent at once and can hang them inside and have a more controlled environment. Any tips you care to share with a first timer? I would hate to ruin the fruits of my labor !

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    You have yourself a sea of fat resinous colas!! It’s gonna be a great harvest, make sure you have your dry and cure plans in place. Flavor and aroma are won & lost in the dry/cure stage.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JohnEmad, hoping to harvest all of them around the last week of April. I'm ready to start the next grow already lol

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    beautiful looking grow you have there. well done.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X