Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah starting from a clone wasn't an option. Living in a legal state makes it tough to find others with similar hobbies. I'm trying to get one of my buddies started so he can take a couple of the seedlings I'm not using. Other than that I literally only know 1 other person that grows. Luckily it looks like legalization is going to make it to the ballot this year and even though our governor is an idiot, he does support legalization.

Anyways.... Do you think I'll be able to do any training that would increase yield given my short veg time?

• DingusKhan
    replied
    To shorten your grow time, you might consider starting with bigger clones rather than seeds, especially if you can be selective, and get to working with multiples, and do, as you are already planning, a Sea of Green. But bigger plants, let them stretch a little longer in veg, that way you don't have to prune so much to give your colas room, and also LST a taler clone sideways to make a big, wide bush with long branches.

Of course, that means keeping a mother or finding a source or healthy, reliable clones. And if you can keep a small "library" of clone mother house plants, and trade with friends, that's all the genetics you need right there, man.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I really want to go the manifold route but I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to develop a strong plant. dphipps1020 mentioned quadlining which got me looking a few grow journals wondering if that could save me some time but still produce nicely

• Farmall
    replied
    The manifold is a great way to achieve the 8 main colas but I ve seen some grows that just topping and LST provides an excellent plant and I’ve topped a few branches and those plants produced almost as good but topping will slow the process

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    dphipps1020 I'm trying to maximize my yield given the time constraint. I would love to veg for longer but I can't. Also, I've been trying to figure out how the hell to take decent pictures without having to wait until the lights are out because I'm usually sleeping by then so thank you I will most definitely be giving that a try.

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    I've been doing the manifold technique on GWE for the last couple grows and it's worked out great. This time I'm trying the quadlining technique and it seems to be going pretty good so far. Curiosity, are you wanting bigger plants or are you just trying to flower quick and get a little bit as quick as possible? Seems like you may sell yourself short if you only let them grow for 4 more weeks. Just my thought but I would see where they're at in a few weeks and go from there. Topping will add time to your grow so keep that in mind too. Also, a little trick with the magnetic ballast and taking pictures... Put a pair of sunglasses in front of your lens and the lines will disappear, at least most of the way. Looking good so far, good job

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    At the bare minimum I plan to top to the 3rd node once I have 6 nodes and then I'll bend and tie down as needed. Not sure where I'll go from there, I suppose I'll know when I get there

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I look at these dwc grows and try and see how one does training i'm no dwc/hydro person. I'm into LST, topping and supercropping when or if it becomes necessary.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    It's been 18 days since I started the seeds and day 15 in the reservoirs. Just changed out the water in the reservoirs and everyone is looking good, except the one Northern Lights. She is a slow grower and I don't think she's gonna make the team. The chocolate kush that has the spots on it's second set of leaves seems too be doing ok, no worse and the new growth looks healthy. Other good news, I think I have at least one but possibly two people to take some of the seedlings I'm not going to keep. I'd love to see them all grow so hopefully it works out.

Solo cups are doing good I guess lol. I don't know what to expect from my grow but I really don't know what to expect from these solo cups. The DWC cup doesn't seem to be growing as fast as the coco cup. Also, maybe I'm wrong but the seedling in the coco is growing it's second set of leaves and it looks like it's growing 2 pair of leaves and not one. Am I seeing that right?

I'm excited for these next couple weeks, looking forward to LST these girls. I've read a lot of the articles on the GWE site about LST, manifolding, super cropping ,etc. I originally wanted to use Nebulas manifold technique to create 8 main colas but I'm not sure if that's going to be the most effective way or even possible because I plan to flip to 12/12 no later than Feb. 9th which is 27 days from today. Would topping and LST be a better option? What's everyone's favorite way of training?

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Re: reflective net pot covers. I'm of the opinion that if you have enough hydroton balls to block light from shining through the net cup, you don't need them.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    I made a separate about this but figured I should post it here too to keep everything logged.

Not really sure what's going on with my chocolate kush seedling. It has a couple spots that are faint but I can see they're slightly discolored and also noticed the veins going down the first set of leaves are turning a red-ish color. This seedling is in a reservoir with 3 green crack seedlings and they seem to be fine. I just exchanged the reservoir water Monday and added week 2 strength nutes. Using GH trio 1/2tsp per gal. PH on Monday was about 5.7-5.8 and is now 6.4. I'll add PH down tonight to get it back down. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I can only imagine, however I don't see me missing a day to at least look at them. I'm trying to not be obsessive but it's so exciting!

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Naturally it’s hard to not look every day but in about 2 weeks if you don’t peek for 2-3 days, you’ll walk into the room and find a monster taking over the room and wonder what’s next....

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    If they're happy, I'm happy! I love watching how fast they grow.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Their looking happy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X