No announcement yet.

I challenge you to a duel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iv got a little test run of 2 cups going to try and get ahead of any problems as it's my first time in the cup. My strain will be tangerine X G13 haze from Amsterdam genetics, since it's the only mother I have ready.

Also trying a few clone techniques to try and speed up and better my rooting times.

Iv got no idea what I'm away to produce 😂😂

Comment

My buddy and I will enter. I will get him signed up
      3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
      New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
      Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
      5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome Drekthar welcome.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey welcome to the duel...another DWC participant I C.
        Looks like I will need a self watering system of some sort for this type of grow just to compete and especially when my work days are 10-12 hrs usually.

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        We were thinking to do dwc in the solo cup but ordered some soil so likely going that route.

So, my wife was out getting groceries on saturday and i asked her to grab me some solo cups. Im looking at them tonight and apparently in Canada now, we need safety nipple grips and a square bottom so we dont spill our drinks!. Am i DQ'ed cause were retarded up here???
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, so you may need to explain to me WTF is a ‘nipple grip’....you Canadians must love to party

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Strange nipples in Canada, eh?

• RFheavy
        RFheavy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you should be disqualified. Nipple grips clearly sound like performance enhancers!

Well I'm pretty sure of my cup winner Dark Devil ,and for the rest of the plants i'm thinking White Widow CBD, and a strain that says 18%cbd and 15% thc I think the name is Esmeralda but not sure lol,
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 That last strain sounds Interesting. Let me know how it comes out. I'd love to have just 2 strains as my base, daytime and nighttime. I wonder if that strain will work as good as mixing cbd with thc strains. If so its definitely going to be a plant I try.

I would like to reserve the name 'Hannah' for my Solo grow.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I would like to reserve the name(high -chiwawa) for my solo cup challenge due to the chiwawa dog being small and tenacious and i am still going to hope the bark matches the bite ahaha
      IO'D

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you're growing a Mexican strain.

Why are you naming them! Dont you know you arent supposed to name what you are going to kill!!! lol

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd I have a big enough problem keeping strain names visible lol I grew 10 to 15 strains this year and except for the GH plants only 3 strain tags were visible/readable lol so now I have a bunch of unknown jars of weed ,then I had a 1/4 lb from the last plants I chopped I had a label saying sativa ,the strain was unknown (I thought they were autos) I was looking for it to mix up some cbd with a Sativa strain that works really well for day time

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        So we shouldn't name the calf T Bone?

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        We used to keep a few Hereford's, my uncle named one T-Bone once and he was delicious. My 5 year old nephew named the next one, he decided to call him "Bye-Bye". Bye-Bye was also very good eatin'.

Ahaha i thort we all had to name plants ahhaa i was following suit i thort man i hate the word thort its the mother of all f*#$ ups ahahaha
      IO'D

Comment

I always name mine to mate ahaha
        IO'D

Comment

I'll just call mine little stoney
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Stoney bud
            IO'D

Comment

I read the first few sentences of this post and my wheels started turning. Can i get a little clarification on cup modification. So it must be a single 18oz solo style cup, are there any unacceptable modifications? Clearly drainage of some kind is necessary and the cup would need to remain a cup. Don't want to tip off the competition lol but i have some ideas and I'm all about following the rules.

Side note : will we set a record for largest collective grow journal?
              *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
              ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
              *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
              *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
              You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the Forum Mrblu
                The cup must remain a solo cup 18oz or less with no alternating the volume of space for the roots to grow outside the cup and roots must stay contained withing the cup the whole grow with the exception of the germination/sprouting period.
                You can cut it, poke it, drill it, burn it, slice it, add air, water automation, whatever mix ratio on whatever medium, But it must remain a solo cup containing the root ball.

Be as creative as you want for the grow off, but it will ultimately be up to the Judges to make any and all final decision for the competition part.

As it is going, I expect the thread will be a big one for a couple of months leading up the judging but I don't expect it to set a record, we've got some pretty big on-going threads round these parts.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Have my cups ready. If I start 3 how long before I have to designate one of them as my contender?

Comment

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure how this contest will go. In our auto grow off we labeled each one as thing 1, thing 2, thing 3 etc at the time we dropped the seeds. So we will need to determine that prior to the drop date.

Saying that, as long as you dont buy a 15 gallon container and make it look like a 18 ounce solo cup I think you will be ok. Lol

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Spidermite
                I do miss the thingy thing it was fun, Saturday uodates......

For this grow off you can grow what you want BUT.... you may only enter one plant in the actual competition per grower if you are going to compete. that plant must be grow in the time frame of the grow off thread with updates!
                The solo cup grow off is for fun so have at it, the competition is serious business so it is up to you to produce the best winning plant with cup appeal you can, I don't feel that we should hold anybody to this specific plant that has to be the one from seed.
                If it gets out of hand with the number of cups one has, we can cap it, say like at 5 or 10 but I personally don't plan on filling up my flower room with a SOG, just for the grow.

Everyone should number the plant they have or name them

Example; Mr.Furley og solo grow #1, #2, #3 at comp time, Mr.Furley presents my OG solo grow #2 is my best.

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good to me.

Yea undetstood and agree mr furley
              IO'D

Comment

Well...this is a pickle..i realized that my current grow probably wont be done by Jan 1st. The AK clones are probably still 4-5 weeks out..maybe more. Not sure what ima gonna do... i have a small grow light but that just aint gonna cut it i dont think....might have to go MacGyver grow box with this one....so far i think im still in
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ive had that happen more than once ,I stopped doing perpetual grows because of timing there is nothing that says you cant stick it a window for 2 weeks while you finish it up

• Spidermite
                  Spidermite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah oldjarhead100 I have a 60 day GSC on its 150th day. I think I may just let the winter gods have it and set it outside and be done with it.

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thought about that this morning...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X