Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grow room or tents

Hello,
    Thinking about getting into the growing business for my wife that is an avid smoker, and have a few questions for you guys. what would be better, transforming a room to be designated to grow, or growing in a tent, or multiple tents around the room.

I personally have tents. I have a 8'x8'x7', (2) 4'x4'x7', and a 2'x2'x4' tents. Personally I like the ease of the setup (just pop the tent up and hang your lights and exhaust and pretty much ready), and the options it gives me. I decided not to do my grows from seed to harvest in just one tent. Instead, I'm starting my seeds or clones in the 2'x2' and letting them have a month or more in there before I move to my 4'x4' tents to continue vegging, and finally the 8'x8' is going to be for flowering. Reason I did it this way is so I can hopefully have huge harvests about every 2 months. If you do an entire room you don't have the versatility to change things around too much. Also, you can monitor the environment and make each tent different if needs be (more or less humidity for example). I'm still fairly new to the growing scene but I'm hoping my plan comes together (just started doing cycles this way so I'm not too sure how well it's going to work). I figure it gives my plants plenty of time to grow huge (I want to fill up the 8'x8' tent with beautiful buds) and I don't have to wait 5-6 months for each cycle. Also using LEDs so I'm not paying a huge electric bill (I have HID lights too, just not using them right now). Bought all my stuff on eBay and spent a fraction of the price it probably should have costed me (4'x4' tents were about $45 each and they work great). Not sure cause I've never put a room together for it but I'm guessing the tent would be cheaper. I'll include pictures but my flowering ladies are sleeping so I can't open it up. The plants in the 8'x8' tent are still young and I topped too early (got anxious) so I stunted the growth a bit but there's a decent sized one in hydro too, all still in veg for at least 3 more weeks. Hope this helps.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy crap, mate! You dove in headfirst! Awesome looking set up.

Use both - put a good sized tent in the room for blooming, cuz your going to need the darkness. Use the rest of the room for vegetative growth, storage, drying.

Best to have a plan first - most important part is figuring out the ventilation.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would have to go with a room. Probably because I use a small tent. In a room you can move around more.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Yeah I started with one 4'x4' in one of my spare bedrooms and decided it wasn't enough for my personal taste. I wanted to be able to have at least 2 cycles going at once to cut down on harvest time. These pictures are the 4'x4' tents. I'm converting to soil cause it's less maintenance but I started with hydro, which is one of the setups pictured (built the system myself). The girls are smaller than I would like right now but that's the reason I got more tents. My goal is to be able to fill up my 8'x8' tent with 8-10 big girls as opposed to a lot of smaller girls. Still new to this but I am feeling pretty good about it so far, pretty excited actually.

Comment

I am new to this, but I have a room I divided. One of the mistakes I made wasn’t having enough air circulation inside the room itself. Just something to keep in your mind when you do your set up.

Comment

I have a 8x5 tent I split in two so I could veg and bloom in the same tent that worked great until the zipper broke on the bloom side ,at that point I built a room ,with the tent beside it I use the bloom side for autos and veg is still veg I also have a 3x3x6 horizontal tent I made from 2x2s and flexible insulation for seedlings or clones one thing to think about if your going to run a perpetual grow you need space for problems that come up ,like bloom taking to long so the next round is getting to big little things lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hi Viper564...I am new to growing myself. My first grow is about to wrap up. I'm running a Gorilla Lite 2x2.5x6'7" tent. (see my previous posts for more details) I have two plants that are doing pretty good. I plan to go to two Gorilla 3x3x6'7" tents. One for Veg, one for flower. I think the debate about a grow room vs a grow tent is one of personal preference or might be dictated by your home/living situation. The tent setup works best for me. Canuck147 is right, ventilation is a thing. Good luck and send some pics when you decide what to do.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I use a spare bedroom and 6 20 gallon cloth pots, hard enuf to handle in the open, I could not do it in a tent. I have another spare bedroom that can be fixed up also,,, and the outdoor girls as well.

Comment

I vote Tent!
                  The increased chance of mold growing in your homes wall material (sheet rock, etc) is just not worth having a grow room.
                  It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• dbdDemon
                    dbdDemon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point, question though. If your controlling the humidity in that room, wouldn’t that decrease the risk significantly?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X