Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Holy cow it's gonna get tight in there won't it Obi-Wan for another 5wks? My outdoor Mama Mia was my biggest and it's cured for over 40+days now and we love it.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Obi-Wan Yes, I agree, it does add stress to the grow. But even the same strain can bust out entirely different phenotypes. It's a challenge on each grow: on some grows, 4 different strains have all grown similarly, and on other grows, I've had the different height problem where not all colas make it into the sweet spot in the light.

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    Here are the girls in Veg, 2 White Widow clones, and 2 Mama Mia clones. They were topped leaving nodes 2 & 3 and then each of the 4 mains was topped again producing 8 mains per plant. I got a little too aggressive with one of the original 4 main colas on a White Widow so she is set up for 6 main colas. Mama Mia are on the left White Widow are on the right. These girls started Veg on October 6th so they are 31 days old today. They’re gonna Veg for at least another 5 weeks before I can move to the flower tent.

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, having multiple strains is nice, I just prefer the growing experience with 1 or 2 strains that act the same. Less stress and anxiety for me. I raised the light as high as I can on the ratchets and I can buy myself another 6” if I ditch the hangers that came with the hood. But the higher I raise the light for the Widow, the further my other plants get from the ideal light range. Either way it’s my first run with the White Widow and now that I know what to expect for stretch, I can train it a bit more to control canopy next time.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I do the same, always grow different strains together, and it's a challenge. But who wouldn't rather have 4 different strains jarred up??????

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve updated this grow. Day 30 of 12/12 and I’m being reminded why I don’t like growing 4 different strains in the same tent. The White Widow is the tallest plant in the back left of the pics and she needs to stop stretching!!! Jack Herer is in the front right position and she could stand to stretch a bit more. The right side of the tent makes me a bit happier with Big Bang in the back right and Mama Mia in the front right position, they seem to be playing nice and maintaining an even canopy on the right.

I can’t really complain because their all stacking bud sites. I trimmed them back up again today, it’s the last major defoliation that they’ll see. Just a leaf here and there from this point on.

EC is still 1.6, pH is 5.7

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look fabulous!!!

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Nice bit of defol there mate

• s62
    commented on 's reply
    Man, you put in some work!

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    Here they are after pruning and defoliation. I did a full reservoir change to flowering nutrients and set the EC at 1.6, pH is 5.9.

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    Today is day 16 of 12/12, time to do a little pruning and defoliation.

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    It’s been a few weeks since my last update. Everything has been going well with these plants. After giving the flower tent a good cleaning I flipped these girls into flower yesterday. They got a good healthy defoliation before I put them in there new home. I also moved the next round from the cloner into the Veg tent. I’ve got 2 White Widow and 2 Mama Mia just starting in Veg.

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Enjoying this grow mate

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I like working off 2 sequential sets to start, it makes spreading them out nice and easy. I top once to give me the 4 mains and then each of those 4 is topped again for 8. It gets me to my 8 mains a few weeks earlier than a true manifold would but I end up vegging them about the same time as a manifold. This way allows me to let the 8 mains develop a little more before the flip. As far as defoliation goes I’m a big proponent of the practice. I personally like to let the plants grow out a bit before I start to defoliate. I top, wait a week, defoliate, wait a week, top again, wait a week, and defoliate again. After the first topping I’d say I do it every other week throughout Veg and I’m not too particular about how much I take. It really depends on how healthy they are, healthy plants could get chicken boned and I wouldn’t think twice about doing it, they always bounce back. I do back off a bit as they mature through flower, moderate to heavy for the first 4-5 weeks and then almost none for the last 1/2 of flower.

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    I readjusted the training wires and gave another round of defoliation. I haven’t seen any new signs of pests so as long as that continues these girls will be flipped in 3 weeks. I’ve already taken my clones from the Mama Mia and White Widow. I’ll be taking cuttings from Jack and Big Bang next week. EC is 1.2 and pH is 5.9.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X