LED light upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my LED lights. The HLG lights caught my eye cuz I am looking to keep it as efficient as I can. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad or have any light recommendation I would love any feedback you could give.

HLG is a solid company. They introduced the Quantum Board and made it easy to use current tech diodes in your fixtures. I run some Samsung F strips in my DIY fixtures that use the same diodes and they pump out some light. My suggestion would be to plan on approx. 30 watts/ sq ft of floor space. The boards normally run about 110-120 watts so they will cover a 2x2 footprint really well.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

For comparison, I've got a California Lightworks Solar Systems 275...it retails in Canada for about $585. A comparable HLG is about $450 and you have to build it yourself. My lamp has a five year warranty, that allays any fear I have of having to lay down cash to fix or replace it. I've only got a thousand hours on my lamp, but it's worked well so far. For my money the difference was worth the reduced risk. YMMV

I'm not great at interpreting all the lighting literature, but I'm pretty sure the total output of the lamp I have, is more targeted to the red and blue spectrums, whereas there's a lot of output in the middle range, that the plants don't really use, coming out of the HLG lamps... that's my understanding, so "efficient"? I'm not so sure.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

I run 6, 300 w leds in my auto room and I can only yield about 2 ounces from any auto i've grown ,I dont grow more than 9 at a time but Ive tried putting 2 lights ona plant 2 increase yield but that didnt work so I'm upgrading to a fixture I got from a friend its 800 watts he paid about 400 for it so deals are out their ,
        Growershouse.com usually has sales ,
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I just got a CGE Max 300, 560$ in Canada. Supposed to have some far right spectrum as well. It is growing the one auto I have left extremely well. I will be doing a review on it after my move.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            where you moving to Qwertywill?

I running 4 autocobs 55 watt each and have ordered 2 additioanl units. 3'x6' grow closet. last grow 14 oz with 4 plants
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

I was looking into the Quantum Boards because I'm looking for a cheap light on my electric bill but still going to produce high quality, dense buds. I currently have 2 V300 300watt VIPARSPECTRA in a 3x3 in DWC but need something to step my game up. I also was looking at 400watt HPS MH, they seem to be more costly on the bill but produce higher quality buds. Still doing my research but I greatly appreciate all the info!! If you have anymore recommendation please let me know what you think.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X