No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my personal experience I have noticed that by doing the right defoliation, you find beautiful gems, on the contrary, if you look very heavy, you find larger gems but also with lots of leaves inside. I find that how Alltatup is doing and I am the best compromise.

Comment

I got it Famine
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

STARTING WEEK FOUR OF FLOWER: THEY ARE ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS:

I had to do some super-cropping to keep the tall colas in the right lux zone. I'm also battling gnats this week, but I got out the handy dandy gnatrol and mixed it into reservoir, I'm spraying neem oil at the ones I see above and I will put out the sitcky yellow papers. I think they'll be gone this week. But girls are budding up nicely; I know they will do something dramatic this week. I can just feel it.

Old box,June 16 and today:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	317439Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	317436

New box, June 16 and today:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alltatup; 06-22-2019, 01:21 PM.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          oh look puff balls lol

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          I`m always reminded of Dr Who`s Tardis when I see your tent....got that 1970`s BBC SF effects look to it...lovely grow you`ve got going there. Please tell me you know who Dr Who is? And that`s not a trick question either ?

Those are just all so lovely and I see how those are filling out so quickly. Off subject.....we have families of owls in our woods near the house I just love them we watch them hunt, hear them talk back and forth even seen their little fuzz ball offspring now and then sitting on the outside nest branch. I have photos of owls all through our house we just love them.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          My brother is in Vancouver, B.C. and they have an eagle nest in the trees on the property next door. Every once in a while in the spring, when the wind is right, there'll be a little "snow storm" out on his deck. Bunny fur....the eagles doing a little bit of food prep before meal time...hard to explain to my 7 year old nephew, but that's the circle of life. They're amazing to watch.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I ADORE owls!!! Truly magical birds. I'd love to see some pics of your local owls; just post here if you wanna.... ;-}

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife's native name is( Oh be dal emmy gogok hoho) Laughing owl in Abnaki we have owls all over the house, I like to tell people that I believe every man should have a few extra hooters around , when I'm upset with her I say her native name it gives me a chance to calm down and not say anything that would hurt feelings , Not having a argument in 21 years takes some work lol

HappyDaze just yesterday neighbor and I standing in the garden her dog see's birds or planes looks up all the time howls at them. We look up and 2 bald eagles circling way up just riding the air currents. I watch them on the banks along the river across from our place, they've really taken a toll on the geese/turkey chicks. True nature yep circle of life.
        alltatup I'm going to get a better phone soon (TracFone ) simply used for emergencies we have only land line. Our grown kids have pushed us for years to get updated, but we've not. We are testing the waters of retirement cutting back now just feeling it out. I'm done end of Dec. and I won't be as paranoid to post. Sorry

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          We have 3 owls that live in our yard. I love those birds. My favorite thing is to listen to them talking back and forth. Very vocal animals to be certain.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to send a private message but it wouldn't let me so here is the question I was trimming up the quad line plants when I see a worm crawling across the trunk lol .that got me to thinking I have super soil in some veggie pots ,I put alfalfa meal as a top dressing ,do I need more things for them to break down, also when do you plant the clover in the pots and is there a specific clover to plant, I was thinking about the woods girls ,if I planted the clover now it would grow I could cut it back then throw some worms in, any advice would be appreciated

ATU sorry to jump in on your thread but I wanted to ask SoOrbudgal a question
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          What's that OJ? Division of the FDA that's about all I can say.

WEEK 5 FLOWER: BUDS PHATTENING UP

The nutes and I are working really well together: they are so much easier for me to use than AN nutes. I changed the reservoir on Sunday, and while the Micro and Grow levels stayed where they were at, the Flower nute increased, and I can see that they are liking it. This was also the second and final week of adding Ton O' Bud powder.

Old box, June 22 and July 2: Had to supercrop Ms. Green Crack: I'm trying to keep her in the sweet spot, or right lux distance--or whatever it's called.

Name:	
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	319262Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	319263

Same dates, new box: I had to supercrop four or five main colas on C99 (tall girl in back); she's been out of control. Third time I've grown C99 and I've never had a plant like this one.

Name:	
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	319264Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	319265

You may feel that I'm trying to create an optical illusion of humongous buds by making one picture larger than the other, but it's really just so you can see the pistils beginning to curl.

Last edited by alltatup; 07-02-2019, 08:21 AM.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          They are starting to fill out nicely. Good growing.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the nutes!!! ;-}

WOW they remind me of fireflies those buddlets just stacking them on so pretty.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

I talk about what I see. I think that another point of view is better than saying good work. What I see you have eliminated too many leaves. I personally would have left some large leaves on the outside, both for photosynthesis and for feeding. Now you no longer have the pads of the big leaves as soon as you make a mistake with the fertilizers you find the burned leaves with the possibility of burning the flower. Another problem is finding yourself short of food because you have no stock. My comments are not critical.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            defoling like that at a specific time increase yields, How would she find herself short of food because she has no stock ,could you explain that please

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            The advantage of RDWC is in being able to manage the nutrient requirements of your plants with relative ease, your concerns about fert burn or starving are really misplaced. You've seen ATU's results, she's got her feeding regimen pretty well dialed from my view, I wish I did as well.

Heavy defoliation works very well for my indoor grows, personal results may vary. What ATU's showing us is textbook flower site preparation that I also try to follow.

Famine:
          I am following a set of directions on how to defoliate. I'm learning a lot, and the only way I'll keep learning is by doing.
          I'm delighted with my mid-week 5 buds.

I've had no problem with nute burn, because I try to always be conscientious with my nutes and flushing.
          My wish and my goal is to grow top shelf cannabis, so I am very eager to continue learning and improving.

Ask questions next time: What is your strategy? Why do you take so many leaves? I will be glad to supply you with references and web pages to read. We don't have to agree on cultivation methods.
          Last edited by alltatup; 07-03-2019, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 Those parrots love you so much, and they must love each other too. That's awesome. Thanks for stopping by!!

• optus
            optus commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup How often would you cut down fan leaves? I started deleafing week 2-3 of vegetative stage and would deleaf every week or so after until flower week 4 or so. I've also topped it a couple of times. I ended up with lots of thick side stems- looking like a tree lol. I'm not sure if it was the best way to go about it now that it matured

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            optus I don't do much defol during vegetation: I tuck more leaves and try to cut as few as possible. I only snipped the ones that were laying on another leave and trapping humidity.

Hey alltatup I see the reasoning in your work. I am doing a pretty major defol on my outdoor Durban poison photo. Just to test it out. Really don't need to outdoors but just testing the waters for future training. Thanks for the education. I wonder if parrot guano is a compost ingredient? LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal Everything I've read indicates that indoor grown plants can tolerate defol very well. I've also read that defoliation can stir up controversy, and I know that some growers are very much against it. Well, I've got other things I'm against, like people talking about their plants like they are BDSM girls. In a community of cannabis cultivators from all over the world, there are going to be tremendous differences in approach and method: I'm an old hippie, so I love my plants and work on having a deep relationship with them. I know a lot of people might think that's bullshit. But it works for me!

I've been practicing the defol for a while, and I still go back and read, re-read and re-re-read.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            the plants that I did the manifold on are so thick that I need to defole them the Christmas tree s are fine but the other have to be done regularly

Leaves can be overrated.
          I think your plants are filling in nicely, evenly spaced, got great color and look real healthy. Isn't that what counts?
          Great job alltatup
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mr.f!! The proof will be in the pudding!!!

Perhaps the meaning of what I wrote was not understood. Fault in the language barrier. I am not against defoliation. I do worse things to plants. I say that in my experience Alltatup has defoliated too much at the wrong time. I do that defoliation at 6W of Flowering when the plant does not spend more energy to repair itself and create new leaves. I am aware of the fact that they do not serve all of them from the moment we feed them, but if we carry them to the limit, you understand that you have no room for error and then pay the price.

Comment

alltatup, do you ask me what techniques I used for my cultivations? The list will be a bit long to answer. The first proven lts. I switched to supercrop so I didn't have to tie plants. Gulliver technique, Mainiling, Nebula minilig, network use. Defoliation that I have been doing for 4 years, pruning both branches and roots. Many performed on the same plant. After all this I came to find my technique to have abundant harvests. From my experience, every technique makes the right time. I will give you an example if you do a certain mailing in a vegetative month the plant will not be ready for flowering, if you put it in bloom and then collect little you can't complain about the technique. I'm sorry I can't express myself.

Comment

alltatup The ladies look great! Not kidding about that C99 wanting to be a tall one!
              Meesta's Grow
              2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X