No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famine Those wires are to tie down the stems and train them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2987.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	312383
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

TRANSITION WEEK IS HERE!!!

Early this morning I defoliated and I'm giving them a pH'd water flush and 30 hours of darkness before the switch to 12/12. They smell like pot plants!!! Here we go.

Green Crack, Em Dog and OGKush:

Name:	old before defol may26.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	312387Click image for larger version

Name:	old after defol may26.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	312388

Shiva Skunk, C99, WW:

Name:	new before defol may26.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	312389Click image for larger version

Name:	new aft defol may26.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	312390

Name:	defol may26.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	312391
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 I believe it speeds up the transition by a few days or so. I always do it.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Great grow! How many days from seed were you when you defoliated and went into 12/12 in these pics?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        billyboy Plants were around day 41 from seedling when I switched them, so almost 6 wks from seedling.

Brilliant Alltatup, I used the 15cm fan net for grow instead. From what I see you have attached a braided cable to the pots. If you don't mind I'll copy your idea.​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind at all!! I've been trying to find a way to make the training easier when the plant is in a hydroponic reservior and a small net pot. This has worked well so far!

my First use was that spool of twist tie wire like they use on a bag of hot dog rolls....but the wire you see in Atu’s photos is so much better, softer, forgiving when you use it yet perfect for holding everything in place

Comment

I use two types of wire. One is thicker and much stronger, and that's what I made the extension loops out of. It stays in place and it has worked well to hold the thinner wire I use to tie down stems as they grew outwards.

This is what I fold over stems to hold them down when are still quite bendy. I make sure to lay it flat against the stem because this stuff is so thin that it can easily slice into the stem. But it's very easy to manipulate and I don't have a problem slicing stems or baby stem growth because I'm super-careful now. (Learn from our mistakes.) I make a hook around the stem, and then anchor the other end in the extension wire loops.

Name:	thin tie.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	312580

This is what I use to make the extension loops:

Name:	strong tie.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	312581

Now this stuff is much stronger and way more rigid, and I have to use jewelry pliers to bend it around and make those loops. We hydro growers have to be more creative in figuring out ways to hold our plants down than do soil growers with lovely wide pots full of soil.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep...that’s the ones...

Beautiful Alltatup. I also use those cables. Then I changed cables for the reason that they cut the branch. I prefer to use the thread in Raffa. The other one you posted, thanks now I understand the type of thread. Now I will try to make a pot with your specifications.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.htgsupply.com/products/htg-super-foam-tie/ these are the tie downs I use strong but able to hold stuff with needing tools to bend it , also if you use the top of your res to put the wire in you can use them further out,just duct tape the bottom of your cover for light leaks

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I would never, nor could I, use the reservoir lid. It's really best to keep plants tied to their own pots... Which I don't do, but I deal with it as I have to.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I dont know enough about hydro ,I just figured you could block any light leaks , I go lower on my pots to extend how far out can be tied down

Hi ATU....love your tie down method. I tried using those sticky back hooks used for mounting Christmas lights in windows, but if they get wet, they just come off.

I'm going to make some wire looms similar to yours tonight. Thanks for the great idea.
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          HappyDaze Welcome to the forum!! I tried those on my last grow; boy was that a waste of $2.50!! ;-}

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          And the funny thing about those.... I have some still stuck to a 14’ arch in the house we use for a lighted garland over 4 yrs now, I don’t take them off because the are clear, tiny and near invisible. Any other place... they fall right off

I use this thread to tie the branches. Instead, as an anchoring point at the base of the 15 cm pot I used the grow fan grille.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Famine, what a lovely Sativa!!! And that net pot is fantástico!! You could use that part of the pot to do lots of training. I've never seen net pots like that here in usa.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          What an idea using the fan grill to tie to , I haven't seen that type of twine around here looks like it works good

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          in my country its called rafia, its a polyurethane mixture and usually white. now that i think of it we should all be using hemp right??

You're right 9figer that thread is also called raffia here and not like I said raffa. I find it very useful, as I can enlarge the surface of the wire on the branch so as to create it as a clamp. Alltatup here I took my system, https://www.idrolabhydroponics.com/p...s2016128121218 I found myself great. I tried custruirne of several of DWC systems but I didn't even get close to that level. This is its porous stone. Of this manufacturer I really like the Rdwc systems it does. Maybe one day I'll get my hands on it. If you are interested I found myself very well with this product always from this manufacturer.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          your english is getting better

AFTER 1 WEEK OF 12/12:

May 26 and June 3:

Box 1

Name:	old after defol may26.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	313639Click image for larger version

Name:	trans old.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	313640

Box 2

Name:	new aft defol may26.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	313637Click image for larger version

Name:	trans new.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	313638

Girls are awful leafy. I'm trying to leave them alone because I don't want to stunt the stretch.

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy leaf recovery batman. Your plants may be more eager than mine. Sweet................. as rain

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite I haven't wanted to do any defol until 20 days of 12/12, but leaves are on leaves and causing some sweating, so I knew I had to do some trimming. I have a super-Indica phenotype of the OGKush--nothing like the phenotype I grew before: she is so thick and leafy, and I think she won't stretch that much at all...

My gosh how quick they recover amazing to me this hydro growing. How quick when it's done properly they grow so rapidly. Thank you it's just beautiful watching them progress.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Thanks for stopping by! So does it really take that much longer in coco/soil?

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          they do seem to grow faster in hydro, you dont let them get to much older than 4 weeks do you before the flip .

With regards to your growing skill alltatup….yes to me it appears to be a faster turn around than soil/coco. I don't have the best of the best equipment and only growing for 3yrs. indoors. I've turned a photo grow over at my best grow took 4months indoors. That's vegging maybe 4-5wks then flipping. Outdoors here where I live is a 6month maybe shorter all up to nature. Less control over environment with outdoor gorilla grows and my grow so far outdoor is not going well.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I did some reading: hydro can make plants grow up to 25% faster is what they said. I didn't realize that the difference between soil and hydro was so significant.

I imagine that outdoor growing is becoming much more challenging with the effects of global warming; we don't really know what each "season" is going to do anymore. Very worrisome... I hope your outdoor grow is going well!

It's just getting harder for me to do alltatup my outdoor the way I really want to because I can't devote as much time as it needs with working at my 10hr daily job. Bottom line. Yes everything with my current outdoor is slowwwww. The mishaps on my part and the weather combo is not conducive to my plants. Timing on my part , messing up on not keeping them vegging indoors in tent longer and getting them stronger before placing them in greenhouse. Dang dog spring boarding off the tops of several didn't help as they were auto's and they are OK but it's slowed down everything it appears. My photo 4 are not doing much as I can see growth wise. We have not had steady warm temps yet, i'm keeping my hopes up for these but currently not promising looking. Sorry for the pissy post, i'm like a kid waiting for summer and it's the last week of school. Antsy and impatient I need to see progress. We really count on these outdoor grows for our personnel use.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Gal, that's rough if you're working 10 hrs. daily. That would definitely put a dent in anyone's grow.

Soil growing is slower. It has other benefits increasing terpenes, which helps flavor and aroma. It's easier for me, harder for others. Just use the method you enjoy.

But yes outdoor grows are getting very hard. Trust me I Know. I dont know why bud rot is so bad now. And mold is rampant. Higher temps? More rain? Higher humidity? No clue but has changed significantly over the past 10 years.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Where do you get that idea from, that soil increases terpenes?

Originally posted by Spidermite View Post
        Soil growing is slower. It has other benefits increasing terpenes, which helps flavor and aroma. It's easier for me, harder for others. Just use the method you enjoy.

But yes outdoor grows are getting very hard. Trust me I Know. I dont know why bud rot is so bad now. And mold is rampant. Higher temps? More rain? Higher humidity? No clue but has changed significantly over the past 10 years.
        I do not believe in this myth that the grass on earth is better as terpenes. It's all up to growers to be able to adjust with fertilizers.

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok. All I can say is ok

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to find some actual terpene counts on soil vs hydroponics. Its apparently a mute point since the scientists first only count top soil as soil. All bought potting soils are considered soiless mediums. All tests were on fruits grown inside vs outside. All inside grows were considered "soiless" mediums and even some outside grows were considered soiless.

Would like to see some numbers of 1 vs the other not using the sun and on cannabis vs fruit.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite Nebula makes the same argument as you: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...cannabis-smell

She says soil nutes from natural sources "seem" to produce stronger aromas.

I have absolutely no complaints about the aroma and taste of my buds. So it is kind of a moot point for me, while you are on a quest to find the Holy Terpene!!! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X