• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    I wanted to update my grow journal.

Here are some new shots of my plant.

I am continuing to train my plant as I want to make it fairly even across the top.

Hoping to spread even more.

Here is a shot of my clones

It has been 7 days since I cut these clones.

No roots showing yet, but I am keeping them misted and covered.

Hope to see roots in another week.

My main concern right now is when I should start giving my main plant some nutrients.

When should I start, and do you have a recommendation for a first time grower?

What type of nutes should I use and how often?

Currently I am watering every three days with pH 6.5 water.

Thanks for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion
    I will check this out.

Leave a comment:

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    Read up on “bonsai mothers”. Could be a good solution for your cabinet. Until recently I kept all my mothers in tiny 3” pots and it worked great.

Leave a comment:

• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe clone your cabinet, just a little bit bigger and use your original for the plant clones. Just a thought. Good Growing!

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Cloning my girl:

So I decided to be aggressive in topping my girl.

Just to get an Idea here are before and after pictures.

This is my very first grow and and first try in cloning.

Before trimming

And here she is after the trimming

Here are her six babies

And here is momma and babies back in the grow cabinet

So we will see how many of these six actually root, or rot 😢

Another picture of the cabinet.

The shelf has been adjusted to the very bottom of the cabinet.

I am thinking that I have a bit of a conundrum, with one cabinet, how do I grow the mother while also growing the clones?

I would like to keep this as my mother plant.

I read someplace that I can flower this mother then “re-veg” and take some more clones.

I am trying to find a way of eventually getting all my cannabis from my own grows, including clones.

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• furrysparkle
    commented on 's reply
    She’s plenty old enough and looks healthy, I’d take just above the fourth node and make 4-5 clones out of the offshoots on the top

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    I would like to top and make clones from the topping

How aggressive can I be in topping, without harming my girl?

Leave a comment:

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    With my Lucid Blue, I simply bent the plant straight over, tied it down, then put the scrog over it, but mine wasn’t as tall as yours lol. You could also top it down to the 3rd node or so, but with as much as she’s grown already I could see how this wouldn’t be a favorable option.

Leave a comment:

• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    You have a nice challenge on your hands. The training looks good.The bending technique works very well. just keep bending. I am using it for the first time myself and find it easy. Theres a term super cropping that deals with bending also thats interesting. The light change I will leave to those with multiple grows! Good luck! Good Growing !

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    How would you start a SCROG with my plant
    it is already close to 2 ft tall

Leave a comment:

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    Looks like a sweet little setup man. I gotta day tho, when height is limited, scrog is the only way to go. My last harvest only took up a 2’x 2’ space and didn’t get any higher than 12”, and brought in 10 oz. Granted I have a 600w HID, but that space has some potential! I really like my scrog design. I made a link in case it was something you wanted to check out.
    Week 3: I’ll catch you up on the deets. This little lady is a clone who was meant to be kept as a “bonsai” mother, but I changed my mind. I have one

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    February 13th, 2019:

The grower I was working with for the clones has not come through.

I purchased this beautiful girl.

She is Northern lights and as you can see quite tall and leggy.

Here she is after transplanting into a 3 gallon fabric pot.

I have already started training her to spread out.

I want to fill my cabinet as much as possible.

She has been on 24hr lights, so my first task is to slowly change to 18 on and 6 off.

I will change an hour every two days (hopefully this will not put her into flower mode)

My biggest question now is how aggressive can I be in cutting her back. I need to keep her short so I have enough room to flower.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    one of my best investments - was a "bucket head" from Home Depot

turns a standard 5 gallon (12" diameter) bucket into a wet/dry vacuum. very maneuverable around the grow room/tent (with a slight modification, cleans out saucers and trays)

• Rwise
    replied
    I myself use my own home made organic soil, takes a lot of time to make.
    I am using the smart pots for the first time (mine are home made 20 gallon), and so far I like! Ok I am using a bed room to grow in, in your box maybe 3 gallon and autos. I am doing autos now, but will do some photos as well this summer (less heat to deal with)
    I am setting the GF up with milk crates lined with landscaping cloth, just over 4 gallons of soil, and no sewing! She will be doing autos.
    so far I like these, not so heavy one cant move them to another area, like to make some seed.
    Why buy clones? Good seed is easy to get,,,

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Ok so now I am wondering if I should use "super soil" or add my own nutrients
    also really looking at those smart pots

What works best for you?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X