• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    Just My Personal Opinion

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    What is JMPO?

• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like you have things going in the right direction! Plant Training is going to be key to manage size. Take it one day at a time and JMPO transplant once. Good luck with your grow

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Thank you Colombo.
    I have always loved wood working, and attention to detail.
    i know I'll have to add a small fan inside at some point, and I expect to add some vent holes at the bottom.

Bed for my girls.

I am getting pumped, should get my girls in another week.

I need to make sure everything is ready for their homecoming.

Right now I am thinking about pot and trays (or saucers).

My shelf is 19” by 36”, and I want to utilize the space best I can.

I would imagine my girls will come in solo cups or maybe 4” pots.

Where do I go from there? Transplant into full size containers or work my way up using 1 gallon, then 2 gallon, then full size?

I need to consider how tall the pot is as I want to be able to get the most growth from these ladies.

Also I have read that you need to remove your “runoff” water but not move your plants around a lot. So I am thinking about a single tray for both pots set on a slight angle so runoff water is at the front of the tray for easier removal?

Leave a comment:

• Colombo
    replied
    You have to admire the imagination of a person on a mission ! A Blackout shade mounted inside the backside of the door (they come silver) and mount another fan box lower right for air in. you should be set. Great cabinet making !! you have talent. I like the organization it keeps it clean looking. good luck with your grow!

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    That is why I have the moving blanket inside the doors it blocks out and light from the doors, but is still allowing air for ventilation

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Your going to want to tighten your door - can't have any light leaks. Need the airflow to guard against mold/budrot once your buds happen.

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Going to train somehow, just not sure what method.
    i am guessing mainline or some LST
    topping for sure

Leave a comment:

• Cannabliss
    replied
    Interesting project. Four feet of total height; are you going to SCROG or mainline your girls?

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    My doors don't fit real tight so there is some fresh air coming in around them.
    If needed I can drill some extra holes in the bottom for ventilation.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    Looks well thought out - great job! Didn't see a pic of the roof - cuz I was looking all through your pics and couldn't see your venting holes? You're gonna need air flow through that cabinet.
    Good start - good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Cannacaps4U2
    started a topic First Grow GG#4

First Grow GG#4

January 2019 First grow.

This is my very first grow, here is the grow area.

Indoor cabinet located in partially heated wood shop.

Cabinet size is 48” H X 36” W X 20” D (inside measurements)

Cabinet is made from ½ “ plywood, it has 1” rigid foam insulation covered by ¼ “ white melamine. Cabinet is on casters for easy moving. The doors are made of ¼ oak plywood (1 ½” solid frame).

Front of cabinet.

Back of cabinet. You can see the duct work for the PC fan.

Three timers, one for the fan, one for the lights, and one for the heater.

The moving blanket helps hold in heat as well as blocking light from around the doors.

The inside includes

Adjustable lights currently holding 8 ea 42w CFL.

Adjustable shelf.

PC fan (120 mm three speed 12 volt)

Thermostat controls small 250w heater.

I have two thermometers (one connected to my intranet so I can remotely monitor temps, and set alarms for to high or too low)

Lights and fan on.

I currently have the fan running on low and the duct work partially closed, with the lights on I can keep the temperature around 80°, with the ability to raise or lower temperature as needed.

I plan on running my light cycle from 6 PM to 12 noon, using the small heater and thermostat to keep the “dark temperature” around 60° .

I plan on growing GG#4. I will get two clones in about a week.

Will transplant into 1 gal or maybe straight into 2 gallon pots

I have a great local source for all my plant needs.

Soil, pH tester, and nutrients.

I would appreciate any helpful comments or encouragement.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X