Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    replied
    Cannacaps, you better start reading so that you know what you're doing, what to expect in bud development and when and how to harvest ripe buds. It's very sad when folks put in all the time and money only to come out with a mediocre product cuz they didn't really learn how to do it right. Here are good places to start:
    Learn what your cannabis should look like (with pictures) so you can maximize marijuana yields by focusing on the right factors each week of the flowering stage. Know what to expect!

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

When is the best time to harvest? See a picture gallery of "ready to harvest" cannabis buds, plus explanations for the buds that are weird or hard to tell!

You should also read the Dry and cure tutorial.

What would be my process for what??

LurkingInTheGrass How about sorceress? Medicine woman? Stoned elder with some wisdom and much silliness?

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup

Yes, my queen 😘

Cannacaps4U2
    I like that - SWAG
    Never heard it before

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    My 3 to 4 weeks estimate was SWAG (silly wild ass guess), as this is my first grow I have no idea
    Looking at general flowering times, I am guessing.
    Yes I have been making CannaCaps for some time now so I am well versed on decarbing.

So if drying and curing aren't that important what would be your process?

• alltatup
    replied
    Hi Cannacaps4U2 It looks like those plants have more than 3-4 weeks left????? Did I miss something?

Re: Canna-cooking: You might find this interesting: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...periment/page2

We all had fun, and I discovered that eating the gently-simmered leaves of a plant in flower got me very high.

I agree with you: drying and curing aren't important for your purposes. But decarboxylation is. Do you know if you want to decarb your bud? If you want to get high, decarb first. If you don't want to get high, use raw.

If you're decarbing, I highly recommend this lil machine: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ylator-machine The less heat used in the process of decarbing cannabis, the more intact all the medicinal chemicals are. I'm all in for precision.

I personally believe that the more holistic the medicine is--i.e., you use as much of the plant as possible--the better. So I make tinctures where I throw everything in the alcohol and let it steep for a good long time. Dark Green Dragon. I like tincture; I haven't ventured into edibles yet, cuz I had a bad experience w/ edibles around a decade ago...

LurkingInTheGrass I'd say I'm more the wicked witch of the east of tinctures and concentrates, rather than the queen....
    Last edited by alltatup; 05-13-2019, 12:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think it's different

But, alltatup, the queen of tinctures and concentrates will know 😁

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Drying and curing.

I know I have probably 3 to 4 weeks left of flowering.

However I have been looking for information on drying and curing.

Seems most of what I have found is based on users who inhale 😎 LOL

I am growing for edibles only (mainly coconut oil capsules, and the occasional Canna butter).

It seems to me that the drying and curing process might be different for me?

Any special instructions for medical edibles growers?
    Any differences in harvesting or trimming?
    I had planned on using as much plant material as I can

Mike

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cannacaps, Excellent!!! And not all those who tinker are lost!!! :-} This could become endless!!

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    LOL
    Just changed my signature line 😎

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cannacaps4U2 That should be the Cannabis Cultivator's Creed: "I'll always be improving (tinkering)."

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks I still have a ways to go but currently GROWING very well!

• Cannacaps4U2
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks alltatup
    I just can't see good wood going to waste.
    I'll always be improving (tinkering)

• George4green
    replied
    I like the set up good job. Wish the cabnet doors I tried to make looked that good lol

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on all your efforts, caps! I love the boxes, cuz I grow in boxes, too.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    She looks great, caps! You will have a bud monster on your hands when she stretches!!

• Cannacaps4U2
    replied
    Hey Colombo and smokey
    thanks for the compliments
    I have always been a woodworker (not by trade), but I do enjoy it.

I had all but given up on those clones after 3 weeks I actually opened up two of the rockwool cubes
    At that time they stlll had no roots.

Guess it is good to know that after 30 days you can still get rooted clones

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X