Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    good looking girls, so many things out there that sound like they will do amazing things but fall way short in reality ,I've tried a few myself lol

• GreenState
    replied
    Didn't take long to realize the conversion bulb is not for me(at least it was cheap when I bought it(g)).
    Went back to my trusty 400W HPS commercial parking lot flood light for flowering...which has a much higher light intensity imo.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    The seeds are from new420guy. So far I like the way the blue widow has grown, nice short, compact plant. Widow widow has continued it's stretch, glad I flipped when I did.
    Speaking of which, flipped last Sunday and swapped out bulbs this morning to hps.
    I bought a conversion bulb last year and decided to give it a try, anyone have any experience with these? 400W MH to 360W HPS (my grow area is about 9 sq ft.)
    Shop for Plantmax PX-LU360/MH 360W High Pressure Sodium Conversion grow lamps today! LOW prices and FAST shipping on plant lighting at 1000Bulbs.com!

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Going to have to follow your progress with the Blue Widow. I have a couple of those seeds in my desk drawer. Where'd you get your seeds?

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    71 degrees in southern Colorado today, but that is an anomaly for this time of year. Much warmer than 39 though don't you agree?

• GreenState
    replied
    I hear you OJH, I'm no longer much of a fan of winter, at least they seem to be getting shorter(g).
    So I made the corporate decision to flip on day 35, thinking the white widow is going to stretch, we'll see.
    I'd really like to wait on the blue widow and gorilla, but it would become a pain in the ass just flipping the WW. The blue widow is actually now sitting on a 4" high box to try and keep an even canopy. The downside to growing multiple strains.
    So it is what it is and will be, here's hoping.
    Looks like a heat wave coming your way!

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    I'm going to have to do a months worth of errands done in 3 days this week the 3 days its supposed to be 50 , I used to love the cold ,not anymore I just cant hang in there , I'm going to have to find a nice warm legal state lol

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    LOL! Last weeks pics were not my best(g), was using the flash on the camera and the shadows were the result. Your plants are looking great OJH, was going to comment on your thread and got sidetracked reloading the wood stove, tough keeping up the last few days!
    All the best

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    haha I was looking at the 3 in the middle going WTF brown leafs then I leaned in and saw they were shadows , I've had three plants 2 cookies kush and 1 dark ghost train haze in veg that were ready to flip 8 weeks ago so I have been trimming and tieing since then as of now I think the total height on them will be around 18 inches from the floor, I ended up almost fluxing them look in the next grow

• GreenState
    replied
    Up ungodly early trying to keep the temps up in the house and the girls cozy. Warmer out this morning @ -2 F, think the weather is supposed to improve. So killing time and took a couple of pics as the lights were coming on.
    Top left is the blue widow (I really like the way it's growing, low and slow); top right is the white widow (she the "stretchy" one) and front center is the GG4. Tempted to flip Sunday at the end of week 5, we'll see, may go one more week. Depends on the WW stretch.
    Getting ready to "crank" up the tunes!
    On a different note, bought some stock in Cronos(CRON) last Friday @ $16.65/sh...
    Wild freaking ride so far!
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-01-2019, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    So here we are, end of week 4 since sprouting. My have things changed in the past week.
    The GG4 which has been the shortest plant is now the tallest and could be a trouble maker, height wise. I’m pretty much limited to +/- 30" of final plant height (not including the container).
    The white widow is still by far the rapid grower, blue widow is 2" shorter than the others.
    I confess to topping the BW a bit early, but she is recovering and spreading out.
    Anyone have experience with these 420guy breeds? Stretch is my concern and govern when I flip. Might double top one if it bolts away from the others.
    Interesting how the BW’s leaves are always erect and tweaked up, never sag even after watering.
    It’s a bit lighter colored than the others as well. I like the shorter, bushier growth for my grow area purposes. Next week will be interesting, so far my original thought that the BW would be the stretchy one has been wrong (g). The GG4 might be a good outdoor candidate.
    Both widows look like they want to naturally spread out, we’ll see. Kind of going the KISS method, top once, not much training and following the nute schedule on the bottle. Upped the nutes this week by a third and watching the leaf tips. :^).
    All the best.
    Took a couple of comparison pics for wk4 end.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Still haven't made a move on a tent, but we'll see. I have gotten the 3 plants topped. Made the decision to remove the fan leaves from the 2nd and third nodes up from the bottom. Lower branches were being "jammed" up underneath those fan leaves. Did quite a bit of searching here regarding defoliating, which seems to always be a controversial subject. Figured I couldn't do to much damage, and the lower branches have responded nicely. Will get some updated pics this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Here's a thing to remember with a new tent - make sure everything you put in it has been cleaned. Makes life easier without bugs.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Canuck, that 6'-7" high model looks like it could be the ticket.

• Canuck147
    replied
    They look great! Spend a bit more money on your tent - quality lasts. I bought my Gorilla 3 years ago, no problems thus far.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X