Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    LTG thats funny good idea but funny this getten old is not for sissys lol,You can use any unsulfered molasses I use hybrix so it gives me an idea on how much but I think 1 tbls per gallon of water .It will drive ph down alot

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    What a grand view to gaze apon

I don't use molasses (hydro) - all I know is you have to use UNSULPHURED molasses. check it before you use it

when it comes to 'do nothing' I have had to resort to some reminders:
    I have duct taped my snippers
    I have made 2, 'NO TOUCH' signs (for specific plants)

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look stunning!!!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState I always check the breeer's info about indoor growth--height, heavy or moderate yield, size of colas etc., cuz I love to grow more than one strain in the same box.

• GreenState
    replied
    Morning OJH, please tell me more about administering molasses, I see I have some on my refrigerator door(g).
    That blue widow is turning quick it seems to me, only at end of week 5 and half the pistils on the tops have turned orange. Non have turned on the WW or GG. Think I should defoliate some more on the tops?
    Sometimes the hardest thing to do, is nothing(vbg)

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    very frosty I had a plant ounce that was in its final week but still hadn't bulked up so I gave it one more shot of Molasses and 3 days later I couldn't put my fingers around her so patience is key lol

• GreenState
    replied
    another day, another 0 degree morning (g). Rejiggered and got my light up another inch, now have about 12" between light and canopy. A bit better spread, remember I'm using a commercial parking lot light, so it's pretty focused. Blue widow probably gets the least amount of light tucked into the corner of my closet.
    Speaking of which, she's getting frosty though.
    (KISS grow-topped once/no training, soil, 2 part nuets and light. Less than 12 ft from the woodstove, desert humidity(g), cold morning temps, no idea what my well water ph is)
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-07-2019, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    I think you're getting more snow than us this go around, you can have it! (lol). I saw the kids in Boston got a snow day today, they must be a happy lot. Noticed some hairs changing color of the BW...slowest through veg, but fastest through flowering so far. Snapped a top on the WW by accident this morning, the cord from my light fell and hammered it. Was able to quickly stand it back up and so far it's stayed, so we'll see.
    Struggled, but did get my light up another inch, now 11" from the closest top directly below it. Maybe I'm finally seeing a bit of fattening of the WW tops, otherwise they are long and pretty skinny.
    You can probably tell, I am less than happy with the WW.
    Haven't spoken much about the GG4, it's looking pretty good so far.
    I am determined to finish my friggin taxes today, write the checks,get them out the door and in the mail.
    That will officially close out 2018 and I can start worrying about 2019! (ha,ha).
    Have a great day.
    (my house smells like Spring anyways!)

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    its still snowing I figure its winters fuck off storm lol the last one before spring .I started regular seeds for the outside grow I started 5 of each strain and then will clone for the plants I need

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    "I do wonder if it makes them grow leafs instead of height bulk ect." That is the million dollar question OJH, I'm sure everyone wonders the same thing.
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!! I hope Mr. Furley will remind me to be patient, not necessarily my strong suit (lol)
    I see a number of nights next week near 0 temps. I sure will be happy when I've put the last piece of wood in the woodstove for the season!
    All the best. ----I need to bring in wood ;*(

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    those are some nice plants I'm really likeing that blue widow ,I think I will have to try it
    My rule of thumb is when I can't see the pot to water it its to bushy ,after they are in bloom I defoliate at 3 weeks, I do wonder if it makes them grow leafs instead of height bulk ect.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Looks really great! Now they're going to plump up.

• GreenState
    replied
    That's a good question OJH. I've never grown the strains before so really have no comparison. Not to mention I have no where near the experience you fella's have. I figured it might be less stressful, but what Mr. Furley says makes sense.
    I definitely hit it hard, I would say in excess of 25%.
    The white widow is still kicking my ass , think the stretch has pretty much stopped, now it's the bud growth on the top. I can raise my light up a bit more, but will no longer be able to turn it to optimize the coverage. Am I correct that at some point lower intensity light won't inhibit bud growth as much later in the flowering cycle? Or is that just wishful thinking (g)
    A defoliated pic and pic of some of the blue widow tops. I am not expecting to get those pretty blue pistils like in the seed ad (vgb)
    I appreciate all the advice ya'll have to offer!!

Got my seeds in the mail this morning, can't beat the service Paul puts out.
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-02-2019, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    If you are pull a small amount everyday then everyday you are stressing your plant a small amount. It is best to pull some and give them a little break, a day or two then pull more. The best is to drop 25% at a time then wait. I will defoli any time in flower depending on there needs.
    Cold weather is killing, 20f yesterday -10f tonight it is hard to keep things stable. Looking good GS.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    why the 6 leaf rule do you think it affects there growing speed???? I usually take alot off of my girls when I clip I clip lol, lately I have been wondering if it slows them down at all.

Its March doesn't matter the weather its all temporary lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X