Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenState
    replied
    As we finish wk 4 of flowering, I broke my 6 leaf max per day defoliation rule. Did a major defoliation. ( a bit late I guess)
    Hopefully the girls can handle it, they were plenty healthy. Time will tell, I wanted/needed to get more light penetration to the lower bud sites.
    Dang, looks like very cold weather will return for next week!
    All the best

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    very nice I'm going to check them out myself

• GreenState
    replied
    Day 58, 24 after flip. Untangled the gorilla glue to get a shot of the blue widow. A couple of holes in her where the GG was tangle in.
    Ordered another 1/2 dozen blue widow seeds today, they're back in stock. Surprised the BW is "greasier" than the GG at this point.
    All the best.
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-27-2019, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    I'll take that as an open invitation OJH (g). Won't need a tent until next new years when I start my annual indoor grow. But hey, maybe a road trip will be in order this summer!
    Still battling the white widow, but may finally be winning. The blue, widow continues to be the stand out at this point, largest, densest bud, couldn't be happier with this breed.
    In fact I tried to order more seeds of it from 420guys, but they are out and I'm on the waiting list.
    I do have a single seed left and will guard it with my life(ha,ha).
    Looking into other hybrids with the berry bomb cross.
    Been picking up the intensity of defoliating as of late, hard to limit myself to 6 leaves a day(lol), I have a tendency to over prune.
    All the best.
    -2 this morning, but thank goodness the wind died down. I have lot's of branches down out on the back 40.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    yup the house was a shaking last night ,200 year old post and beam might sway a little but its never coming down lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    If you are going for a tent HTG supply has the one I purchase its 8feet by 4 with 2 big doors in front , I split it into two rooms bloom and veg ,I used that flexible insulation thats about a quarter inch thick that worked great for about 5 years then one of the zippers broke so its a veg room and auto room that I never shut , here is the link but if you want to take a ride pm me its in shewsbury and I'm always up for a visit lol https://www.htgsupply.com/products/a...arge-grow-tent

• GreenState
    replied
    Youser. Lost power late last night, had to wake the girls up @ 5:00am with an oil lamp this morning (g). , Got the power back around 8:30,
    maybe they'll think it was a solar eclipse! Still wicked windy out there!

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    I'll take all the suggestions I can get OJH. Not much room in my grow area and the gorilla glue is kind of woven into the others now which adds to the pain in my backside(g).
    Next grow I will have a tent and think a bit more about the pairing of strains.
    The gorilla glue and blue widow seem to get along pretty well.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    you know I used my plant lifters to attach those yellow yoyos and pulled mine out and down, it worked great but I have a ton of room in bloom just trying to put ideas out there lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    ME TO lol

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Morning OJH, I'm hoping to avoid super cropping, but we'll see.
    I still have about 6" of headroom for the light, fingers crossed (g)
    Hope all is well, really looking forward to Spring!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    try super cropping them it doesn't hurt them and it gets them out of the light,maybe even increase yields

• GreenState
    replied
    Well, still fighting the white widow stretch. Although I think it only stretched 1/2" last night. As mentioned earlier, my grow area is height challenged (g).
    Sooo, looking back on the calendar, looks like we're at day 53 since sprouting and day 20 since flipping to 12/12.
    Raised the light up an inch this morning, still to close to the WW--waiting for the tops to burst into flames (lol). Anyhow,they're gaining.
    Have been defoliating and lollipopped about 8" up from the bottom, cleaning out some of the suckers and shaded leaves.
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-22-2019, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Little update, the white widow(back left) does not play well with the others! Sativa dominate stretch. The blue widow (back right) remains my favorite as far as plant structure, it's about 17" tall, 8" shorter than the white widow, compact and full, with a nice flat top (only topped once), I could fit 4 of them in my grow area, where now I'm trying to contain 3 (g).
    The GG4 is a bit stretchy, but is still 4" shorter than the white widow, was the first to put out pistils.
    So we've ended week 2 of flowering and I am hoping the stretching starts to slow. Anyone with 420 guys white widow photo fem experience?
    Would appreciate any input. The GG4 is starting to get entwined with the WW.
    Haven't done much defoliation this go around, think I over did it on the last grow.
    I have started to take some fan leaves now, with a mental note limit of a max of 6 total at any one time(lol)
    Last edited by GreenState; 02-16-2019, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Thanks OJH. Odd/blue widow, noticed twisting on the leaves of the newest growth. No signs of tip burn, cupping, clawing, even discoloration or any of that. Hoping it was just a bit of shock with the flipping to 12/12, switch from mh to hps and changing nuets from grow to bloom. Think she looks a little better this morning. WW back left, BW back right and GG4 front and center.
    (and a pic of just the Blue widow from last week)
    I'm glad I didn't try and grow 4 plants!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X