Bugs in soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs in soil

Bugs in soil how do you get rid of them? I usally use happy frog soil.

Depends on what kind of bugs you have there. Benificial nematodes are a good general soil predator.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

These fly I have sprayed leafs with neem oil but these guys seem to live in soil.

Comment

The fliers are the adults...the juveniles still inhabit the soil. Yellow stickey traps for the fliers (and for monitoring the population of the infestation) and benificial nematodes in the soil most likely will take care of the problem. Still good to identify the bug, there is no cure all treatment that exists. Each bug has a specific lifecycle and possibly a different pest management system to get rid of them.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Spread sum sand on top of the soil to break the reproduction cycle a thin coat will do, repeat as the sand works it’s way in when watered it will build a inpenatrable barrer, or crust to prevent nesting.As for the flyers those stickie yellow traps that tokers talking about work well.

Comment

The best way to get rid of em? Quit using happy frog.

Comment

• Sweetbear
              Sweetbear commented
              Editing a comment
              What other soil do you recommend?

Dry out the soil water with a half cup of peroxide per gallon of water just get top of soil wet not whole pot. It might fizz some its ok then dry out soil till plant wants water then you should b set. The sand in above post also great way to prevent after u kill

Comment

You have just confirmed what I had suspected. You have and I had root aphids from the happy frog. Nematodes will slow them down and kill a lot but use a soil soak of Botanigard Max to kill them dead and won't come back.

Comment

Were I not in the direct path of whatever sewage spill Tijuana has to offer on any particular day, I might try sand. Instead I use diatomaceous earth for fungus gnats. The down side is having to add more after watering as the water dissipates the diatoms. I've used beneficial nematodes in other gardening situations and had good results. Hydrogen peroxide is great for larvae. The down side to H2O2 is it will kill anything beneficial. I use it only in early vege and to treat soil before planting. It's also good in foliar sprays. Let's not forget the extra oxygen hydrogen peroxide adds.
                Don't blame the soil. Blame the soil storage. When you see pallets of bags of moist, decomposing soil you're seeing pallets of bug environments. Grab bags from tops of piles at stores. If you have space or a huge planter you can pour soil out and mix it up a bit before you use it. Let it sit as long as you can to dry out before you use it. Then prewater with H2O2 and H2O.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

If you put Mosquito Bits in the nute water it will keep the bugs at bay. It's a BT insecticide. Works great.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fantastic old post

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X