No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a fantastic picture like spidermite but here it is lol the first is the seedlings from seeds, the 10 gallon pots are autos Dark Devil then the black pots are destined to the Green House ,I planted 2 of cinderella xx,alaskan purple, Lemon Zkittles ,blue fire, alcopolko gold , and one more I just cant remember lol the black 5 gallon pots are going in the ground,I needed to transplant and I didn't want to put them in the GH , I may have to cut the pots off to plant them, the second picture is of the last of the clones after planting,they look pretty rough but they will bounce back
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Sucks how we can’t have the option of love instead of just a like button...lol

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Take RAKE that floor oldjarhead100!
      You know I love ya...I hope. Little zen work there😘

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      both areas are due a good cleaning as soon as I get all the girls out in a couple of weeks

Okay - I decided to give my plants a boost and shift my light up to 24/7 - we'll see what happens.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Growing auto?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's all I've been growing last couple of years.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      I was taught as a rule of thumb that all autos are 24/7 light all the time. Mine are on 18/6 now, just because I have the photos in the tent with them until I put them outside in a couple weeks

I really FXXXED up yesterday I was in cellar filling my res turned the water on was sitting there thinking this is taking forever, I dont remember getting up and leaving but thats what I did came back in for something a couple of HOURS later and I'm so happy I have dirt floors there was 6 inches of water on the dirt ,gone in an hour ,@Tika does washing it count lol so while I was filling my grow area with water I was in the GH finished up transplanting the woods girls 31 in all ,a ring around the green house all the plants on the ground are moving soon I'm waiting a couple of weeks to get the seedlings out here .so when the sun came out I checked the temp in the GH it was up to 78 and the girls were very very happy lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      the second and last pictures should be swapped .

Hehehe - I feel for ya oldjarhead100 - glad i'm not the only one fessing up to making a mistake.

Got out of bed and looked at the girls and in the middle of one cola the leaves were all twisting on their own - about 6 - so I said "ARRRRGH" wife was still in bed. But I knew this wasn't good. Took it out of the tent to look at the cola and sure enough, right in the middle it was turning brown. Outside we go, grab the scissors and cut just below the brown shit - cut off about 8 inches, top 4 inches still look alright and into the trim jar for them.

So I have been negligent lately with my scissors - not so today - they all lost leaves.

My mistake was not moving the plants around in the tent more - plus - not keeping the middle more defoliated.

Pics right behind.
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	309687Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	309688Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	309689Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	309690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	309691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	4.90 MB
ID:	309692
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate you had to cut that beauty. Has happened to me once inside because the buds got so fat. I couldnt move the plant to turn it because of using yoyos. The back of the plant did that. Was very upsetting.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Upsetting yes - but I caught it in time. The one I cut was second from the left in the pic where the buds are all kinda descending in order.

Day 51 for my summer grow. These are Sour 60's from New Guy 420, The plant on the right is growing very well, the smaller one on the left stopped drinking 2 days ago so I flushed her and am letting the pot dry out some, I plan on watering with light nutes and hope she starts drinking again. My Ph meter broke so I use Ph strips for a couple weeks and am not confident of accuracy, so that may be the problem,good news my new Ph meter has arrived.

Any suggestions are welcome please, not sure if I;m correct on the diagnosis. Using Mega Crop nutes in coco coir.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
      IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I absolutely love those plant lifters way to magiver it

We went for a walk yesterday looking for new grow areas , found this little brook .Beavers had it dammed up pretty good but their was still a few spots where it was flowing ,I thiught this was pretty cool going though a rock wall ,the other is of beaver handy work no we are not planting there

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        there is some stuff that deters them from coming around your plants, I've never had an issue with deer eating my plants just that little porcupine that liked to dig up empty holes lol and a 22 with a 1 litter bottle on the end will take care of any beavers with out everyone in the world knowing you did it

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I never had any issues with beavers or deer, rabbits on the other hand will cut the plant off at the ground

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so cool!!!

Never had beaver issues outside just bears.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        yup bears are a problem around here to and you can't shoot them lol ,I carry a 45 with me in the woods ,we like to use berry patches to grow in

Whoever had the GSC mine is weighed and I only got 71g. But it is by far the best tasting, best smelling,and the best high Ive ever had. This was Fast buds Girl Scout Cookies. I did not train it so Im guessing it could easliy double that yield. But even if it doesnt its worth the grow. Took under 80 days to grow.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Girl Scout Cookies 170 grams when put into jars.

Name:	20190429_022117.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	309891Smokes great, made alot of bubble hash.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Very much agreed Spidermite it is a must grow at least once which ever way, Auto or photo. Iv got 4 more seeds from the same breeder and im looking forward to growing a different plant to see what similarities/ difference I find.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking Mr furley's fast photos are clones.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Canuck147 This one was. Last one was from seed, pretty close to the same timing on both.

Good day all.

This is the plant I tried to LST - had problems, got busy with life - and released her from bondage. The strain is 'Think Big' from Dutch Passion.

She's beginning to think that way. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_101206.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	309995Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_101146.jpg
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	309996Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_101116.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	309997
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Name:	20190510_101023.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	310000Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_101014.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	310001Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_100936.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	310002Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_100826.jpg
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	310003Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_100748.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	310004Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_100706.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	310005 These are my other two - both 'Purple Stilton' . I'm not surprised anymore when 2 plants of the same strain grow differently. OG Kush did this to me regularly. The shorter one had one of her colas cut down a bit recently but hasn't missed a beat. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_101032.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	309999
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice. Wait till you see the one main cola on the Fast buds ak47. Its ridiculous. I dont recommend non training unless you want one massive ungodly cola on plants. But it is impressive.

Yours are looking great Canuck147 you at least have several main cola. On the ak47 i didnt train its main cola is about 2 ft taller than the rest.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah - mine would have been 2 feet taller on the taller plant had I not trimmed down 2 of the colas.

Untrained ak47

Name:	20190510_150507.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	310079

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok Ok holy shit thats from an auto what kind of light do you use ,whats the secret to growing those lol I'm definitely switching lighting in the bloom room

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm starting to think the best thing for someone new with autos is just don't touch the plant much and let it get big as possible early on. I don't see mine getting anywhere near this size, but I messed around with them way too much as well.

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 that is being run under 1000watt mh until buds start forming. Then 1000watt hps. Both are hydrolux bulbs. I also use nutirents from fox farms from the start even though I use hot soil, fox farms ocean forest. The autos coming out now seem to be able to take alot of nutrients maybe even more than photos. The last few weeks I just run molasses and ph'd water. I really do nothing special unless you call talking to them and singing out loud while working with the plants as special.

These are 2 of the girls i have going now. These are in 10 gallon pots. One Original glue one grapefruit

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190511_140620.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	310181Click image for larger version  Name:	20190511_140626.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.14 MB ID:	310182

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s going to be our other difference is you topped and are training yours bro. I’m real curious how our different grows will turn out. Going to be a exciting season!

They’re all looking good and healthy. Couple more weeks and the photos will go outside and then I can change my lighting to 24/7. Just like last time I grew ww autos, one well larger than the other. Doing a type of fluxing on them in their bags. I’ll have more room to train once I transplant. Thx for the grapefruit and glue seeds...you know who you are...lol. (We have our own competition going on. He’s doing his inside with nutes and I’m growing outside with what nature provides).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X