No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing 1 and 2 were harvested after 89 days - thing 3 still growing.

Sorry guys I thought Retodd wanted our wet weights.

My best bud was off thing 2 - posted pics wet and fluffy - 48 grams - cut and trimmed - 40 grams.
    Attached Files
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Tika

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah...dry weights only. I’ll do another post, but I’ll write down the measurements of your cola. Nice job Canuck147

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      very nice Canuck You know you did it right when Tika says shes jealous

Thing 3 now has the tent to herself - I turned off the white lights and just running the 64 bloom lights. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190301_093308.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	295376Click image for larger version

Name:	20190301_093347.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	295377Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0131.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	295378Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0130.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	295379
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Go for it again!

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will Tika - next up is 'Think Big' - from Dutch Passion

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      NICE - will be keeping an eye out for that thread

I started flushing thing 1 today. So probably a week to 2 weeks. I will be able to give wet weight of the biggest bud, but most are to big to dry as is. I will have to break them down to prevent mold. But if the buds are as dense as they feel there should be several contenders for heaviest buds.

Of course I'll be able to give total weight of thing 1. The other 4 plants are 2 to 3 times her size so go figure. Lol
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember, it’s not the weight of the biggest bud, but the size itself. I can’t wait bro! You didn’t chop it up yet did you? I know that one had to be 10-12”

I just got a PM from burningteddy about his weight.
    Again, send me your dry weights NOT wet. Also, attach a pic of your biggest full cola, no spirals, next to a tape measure just like Canuck did. Send the weight after drying, right when your starting your curing process. Reason for this is that some buds hold a lot more moisture than others. Dry weight makes it fair.
    Good luck.
    I know Mr.Furley did a photo and this is a auto competition, but I’m going to allow him to send his too. I decided that since he did grow a photo at the speed of a auto.
    Last edited by Retodd; 03-01-2019, 10:19 PM. Reason: Made a decision about @mr.furley and his photo

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      wouldn't after a few weeks cure be more accurate? that way and internal moisture has had a chance to work its way out. Like juicy's buds 56g wet 31g dry when put in a jar, after a cure they're going to weigh less than that..

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I’m talking about OzBud . I use 62% packs when curing and even add a slice of orange peel when I cure. The winner of this will be someone by far, so a difference of just a few grams won’t matter. My biggest thing I’m looking for is the sizes of biggest colas. Next month when I list the winners I’ll add and tag all the cola pix.

Today is day 82 for Bubba Kush. I really don't have too much to say about her. She's getting a little bit bulkier by the day and the hairs are still pretty white, but I do have a few more orange hairs than last week.

Congratulations to those that have finished at least one already! I'm jealous, but I still have plenty to smoke from my last plant lol. I can't wait to smoke the Bubba again.

I took a pic of my whole tent today, and it's quite funny that the Bubba Kush is about 30 days ahead of the other two, but the young-ins are quite a bit taller than the Bubba Kush.

Have a great weekend everyone!

(Still 2 weeks away 😂)

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Retodd! Would you believe me if I said one auto?

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      What strain, etc? PM me sometime

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      It was gorilla glue auto by by fast Buds. I tried growing 2 at the same time. One turned out really funky and ended up getting pulled. I ended up with 1.5 lbs (24 oz) off the one that finished. It was probably just hitting the seed lottery lol. The first thread on my previous grows in my signature is the journal that it's in if you want to check it out.

You can pm me if you want anymore details!

Oh, you guys wanted pics or something? Sorry, I'm high and forgot to attach them 😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190302_043513839-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	295517

Name:	IMG_20190302_043528605_HDR-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	612.9 KB
ID:	295518

Name:	IMG_20190302_043548007-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	596.3 KB
ID:	295519

Name:	IMG_20190302_043616817-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	763.0 KB
ID:	295520

Name:	IMG_20190302_043646310-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	753.3 KB
ID:	295521
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      can you raise the bubba up? like put something under the saucer and everything. she's missing out on light down there

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I could, but I don't think she's missing out on too much light. I have 4 autocobs that are independent from each other, and the 2 lights over the Bubba are quite a bit lower than the 2 lights above the other 2.

Appreciate the advice though!

WOW WOW WOW all of you guys did a fantastic job ,I dont care who has the biggest bud everyone of us should be proud of our grows I'm at 77 days and only have a couple that are almost done .

the first 4 are mutant Louie the next couple are before and after trimming Pic 7 and 8 one massive bud had to pull everything down and away its not big but very stacked so all in all I have 4 that could be done in a week or two and 6 that are not even close in fact 2 or 3 just went into bloom ,
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Everybody here is a winner! The prizes are about ready to enjoy!

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Louie. The rest look great as well.

Just a few bud shots, I am starting to wonder, are they ever going to finish?!! The HBD and Sr are coming along as they should be, they are in soil V2.. which has peat moss and sulfur cut in before planting, they are doing well!
    Here are the mistakes I made;
    1 I planted the first 3 before my soil test results were back, soil PH was 8.4. I cut in sulfur and peat moss to fix that, just worked it in around the girls, this got it to 6.5-7.0 range.
    2 Not enuf water, they were only getting water every 8-12 days, now 2-5
    3 Soil V3 was a bust, all I did was add 25% perlite and the PH dropped to 3.5-4.5 (wow, why?). The perlite on the surface turned yellow, I dropped some baking soda on it, fizzed like crazy. I reduced the perlite to about 10% and now back to 6.5-7.0 range.
    4 I wanted to use new methods, and got a starter tray with humidity dome, worst sprouting results I have ever had in my life! It is in the trash, along with the starter plugs! To make things even worse I put a heating pad under it not knowing that it had no internal controls and cooked the next batch,,, I think they should have told me that when they sold it to me!
    5 The Headbanger was sulfur deficient, when I figured that out, she greened up and started making up for lost time!
    6 The temps are a bit high, need ventilation (working), I need better lights as well

The first 3 should have been complete last month at the latest (65 days from seed, dropped 11/20), but they look to still be 2-4 weeks out, with the WW being ahead, she has cloudy trics,,, no amber yet Also they had little smell, I started them on a sleep cycle and that has improved!

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job sticking with your grow - your buds look fabulous.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx!! I can hardly wait to pull and enjoy, and its hard not to, setting here with no buds,,,

Day 82 for thing 2, White Moscow. Harvested this morning, the buds are the firmest buds I've grown yet, nice and hard. She was 22" tall from the soil, 16" across. I'll send Retodd my final dry weight when done, by my calculations it should be around 66grams dry from 322g wet. I didn't have any BIG buds so didn't bother taking a photo with a measuring tape but did take final photos of her just before I chopped her.
    I have 3 more "picture 5" that I grew with her and expect to get at least the same amount from each of them, probably more though since they are bigger and have some nice large buds.
    I really enjoyed growing along with all of you and learned a lot, so thank you for that.

Question on dry weight. When is everyone doing their dry weight, after drying but before cure or after cure?
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147, That's when I normally weigh mine also, so that's how I'll weigh it. Thank you.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      uncledoug Go ahead and take a pic and measure your best bud. Mine aren’t going to amount to shit, but I still will. They look beautiful! Don’t know if you’ll have read my earlier post, but final day I’m going to post and tag everyone’s biggest bud.

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Retodd, Too late, harvested already.

Everyone is doing great. And I think we need to have weights on buds along with total size. No way to tell how dense a bud is without weight. Density is as important or more important than size I think. But just a suggestion.

Some of the other plants I have in my tent have buds 15 inches tall or more. But they are no where as dense as thing 1. Thing one has buds as hard as a baseball but are no where near as "large" as the others. But weight may be comparable.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      You came up with this competition with me bro. Won’t hurt. I’ve had buds before that I could knock someone out with, they were so dense....lol. Still, it would need to be the dry weight on them. I’ll figure out the list to do on my iPad to keep track.

Doubledealing72 - your Bubba Kush is looking great! I have been watching our grows - doing a kinda side by side -

Everyone watching should note both our seeds are from Humboldt - we are both using COBS - I have been on 18/6 - both in soil - only difference being nutes.

My Bubba is 10 days older at 92 days.

My previous grows of Bubba produced buds similar to what mcubed has now. I have used Foliar Essence on my past 3 grows and noticed with the Viparspectra lights I was using the pre-flowers had huge amounts of pistils in big bunches that all developed into rock hard nugs. Not overly huge but all around 2 - 5 grams dried. Buds before were always hard and full of resin as well.

Now with this Optic 4 the buds are developing as my last grow - many, and all real hard - difference being so far is more purply colors happening. I think our weather going below zero every night has helped that purple along.
    This was from the other post.
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck147 , yours is looking great too! I grow in coco myself, and I leave my lights on 24/7. It has been really cool to have someone else growing the same strain by the same breeder in this competition. I definitely won't have the biggest bud, but I think we will both be happy with our harvests!

And as for the COBS, I can't recommend them enough. Quiet, efficient, and easy to use. Your cobs look awesome, if I ever upgrade, I may look into them!
      Last edited by Doubledealing72; 03-02-2019, 05:07 PM.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      I can’t believe you went 18/6 on a auto grow. Before growing autos everything I read said 24/7. During veg I went 22/2, but the way I was training them I wanted them to stay in veg as long as I could. I’m totally new to indoor growing tho. This is only my second grow indoors.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually grow 20/4 - New light has a timer, 18/6 then 24/0. I'm a believer in allowing certain amount of dark time. So lazy me likes the timer set for 18/6 - although wind storms and power outages tuck that up sometimes.

The girls got a haircut yesterday. Also lollipoped them. Was gonna take before and after pics but I didn't lol
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking nice.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are autos dam cloud well done

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys and yup thing 1 is kush auto and thing 2 auto sour diesel haze from seedsman

Hey what’s up gwe? This is my first post, also this is my first grow.
    Strain: bubba gum auto by Dr. krippling
    medium: coco+perlite
    nutrients: gh flora trio, Cali magic, blackstrap molasses
    lighting: 300 watt hps
    Training: This plant was topped to the 2nd node, super cropped, and some lst as well. Thanks for the read!

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome. Love the middle pic and the closet grow room. You’ll learn a lot on here. There’s a lot of super experienced growers on this thread alone. Hope you bookmarked this one. We’re at the end of the competition and will have final weigh ins next month. I’ll list the strain, weight, and largest bud at the end. We did this to help each other along and plus we can find out what strains can really produce. There’s different growing techniques too. We’re going to do another competition this summer Purpaterp Good Luck with your growing
      🙏🏼✌🏻

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Purpaterp you did it all to that first plant lol and thats how you relies that it can handle what ever you do , when I have a plant that bushy I try and open her up by pulling stems down and using my plant lifters to tie to this gives me a wider base , if you are not sure what i'm talking about look at the trays and lifters in them

Thank you! Yeah the closet was an experience with the heat issues. I’m going to keep my closet going but I’ve got a text setup now and I just popped 4 white widow autos in it. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      White widow was my first auto indoor grow...lol

...HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL!!

I cheated this week - no phone pics - dug out the camera and tripod

my Things:

Name:	My Things.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	994.2 KB
ID:	295761
    left: Thing 1
    right: Thing 2

Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)
    50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
    56-70 days after germination

Thing 1
    91 days from seed
    48 days from pistils

Name:	Thing 1.side.flash.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	764.2 KB
ID:	295763Click image for larger version

Name:	Thing 1.down.flash.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	846.1 KB
ID:	295762

starting to get some faint orange threads

Name:	Thing 1.frost and threads.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	657.0 KB
ID:	295764

Name:	Thing 1.close up.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	295766Click image for larger version

Name:	Thing 1.tallest.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	765.2 KB
ID:	295765

Thing 2
    85 days from seed
    48 days from pistils

Name:	Thing 2.side.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	779.7 KB
ID:	295767Click image for larger version

Name:	Thing 2.some down.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	810.5 KB
ID:	295768

the tallest 3.

Name:	Thing 2.tops.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	606.6 KB
ID:	295769

some orange threads starting here too

Name:	Thing 2.orange threads.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	295770

both are filling in nicely.
    Thing 2 is going to give me 8 or 10 nice colas, (looking like 3-4 inchers, and the big one on top - maybe 5-6 inches)
    Thing 1 is going to give me a bucket of hard golf balls

smells are starting to settle, I get pine, rubber/fuel and now the skunk is starting to come through

trichomes on the calyces are clear, with just a few starting to cloud up

Im thinking at least another week of nutes (res change on Tuesday) unless matters change drastically between now and Tuesday

green thoughts

Name:	ganjamon.gif
Views:	269
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	295771

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good Lurken I think I need to copy you and set up a back ground for pictures they would probably be a lot better not as good as your but better lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X