X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New round of Aurora Indica from Nirvana :cool:

Hey all!

I'm back again with another grow log!

Some of you might have noticed my recently started disaster thread with the sick plant?
    Sadly it's dead now. I had to chop it. All the leaves were dead and I just didn't feel like fighting for/with it every single day.
    Bad soil and a absent mind will do that for you.

So lesson number one (or a humbling reminder to the rest) is; never start a grow if you're absent minded and not 100% invested in it. That will only result in a bad time/bad harvest.

So two days ago I placed a new seed between two sheets of paper towel on to a plate and placed it in my entertainment center (living room) where it's cozy and warm 24/7.
    And today, by lunch time, I could see a nice little tap root. So I decided to clean the tent and start this new project.

My setup is;

Secret Jardin DS60 grow tent.
    Dual Spectrum 200W CFL.
    Semi wide old school reflector.
    100mm exhaust fan with carbon filter.

The seed is planted in Plagron Growmix, and I'm planning on feeding it later on with the GHE Organics BioThrive line; Bio Thrive Grow, BioThrive Bloom and BioWorm.
    I also have a tub (glass?) of Molasses, a bag of Epsom Salt and a bottle of Neem Oil, for when or if I should need some "muscle" to handle problems, or to boost the budding etc.

Since the last failed stupid attempt on growing wen't to crap I had to use more seeds than I were planning, so I'm kind of running low on seeds as we speak. So I was thinking on buying new ones for the next grow. Or at least plan on.

I'm located in the EU, in a country still acting like its the middle ages, where the state pounds you really hard if you're busted for growing.
    So the seed bank needs to be discrete and use stealth shipping. I've used Nirvana Seeds before, and I really love their way of doing thing. But I've also heard that Seedsman is a good source for cheap quality seeds (they also give away loads of freebies if you buy using BTC), which I like.

So please enlighten me with your best choices and why, hope you all will enjoy my log. Thanks for being such an awesome community!

Much love!

- C

It don't mean squat without pictures.

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hehe! You're trolling right? :P

If you read the thread you can clearly see;
      Originally posted by Cocho View Post
      And today, by lunch time, I could see a nice little tap root. So I decided to clean the tent and start this new project.
      In other words; there's not much to take pictures of.

I'll be back with pictures as soon as the little one pops out of the ground. My guess is in a day or two.
      So be patient

Peace!

- C

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I'm not trolling. I'm just kidding. We just love pictures around here. If I offended you, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, it's all good man! I didn't get offended. But I thought you were trolling :P kind of hard to see the irony in a post (easier when you're looking at a face).
      Anyways.. I feel like I'm doing a decent job when it comes to posting pictures. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. So if you're looking for pictures you're at the right place!

I'll be posting 2-3 times a week on average, maybe even more if there's a lot of changes in short period of time. So I suggest you subscribe to this thread if you want to follow me. I sure appreciate it, and am glad for all the input I can get. These plants are so easy to grow, but at the same time so hard to figure out at times.

Much love!

- C

Nirvana is prompt (shipped the same day my card was charged), always in stock (no hemming and hawing), and they do have some specials (if you hit it right), and of course those sublime Amsterdam genetics! You really didn't need to ask did you Cocho?

Still waiting for my Seedsman order. Ordered September 26th same day as my Nirvana order. 7 business days to receive the Nirvana order deserves the AAA rating.
    Last edited by starramus; 10-20-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      it is Nirvana's Jack Herrer and Black Domino. The effect? It does the job. Nice relaxing mellow high. But it is the taste it leaves on your lips that stands out.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm considering a new round of White Widow (always a classic), Original Glue or the Blackjack. I did read some about the Blackjack and it sounds like a nice plant.
      I'm going to buy 5 packs of seeds I guess (10 seeds), so I'll be buying two different strains.

How is the Girl Scout Cookies then? I know all the hipsters and celebrities over in the States are smoking it, but I thought it was like vaping. Something "trendsetters" do and nothing more :P but is it good?

Would love to grow some Amnesia Haze. First time I smoked it was in Amsterdam in 2010, and it kicked my ass. I was unable to move from my seat at the coffee shop for 3-4 hours. Just sitting there, watching Dutch TV while all the locals where going about it as if it were a normal Thursday. But from what I've heard, the Amnesia Haze grows crazy tall and takes week upon weeks to finish?

- C

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      If the GSC I tried a while back is the same that I'm growing now, then I can tell you I liked it, wife calls it a happy stone, and not a couch lock.

Been seeing and hearing people talking about GG#4 (Gorilla Glue #4) for the better part of two years now (at least with HYPE), so I've been wanting to try it out myself.
    The description seems promising as well. I like smoking in the evening, it helps me sleep and let go of my anxiety.

Does anyone have anything to say about this strain?

Nirvana's Original Glue Feminized seeds. Possibly one of the strongest strains with a superb and a unique Kush flavor.

Peace!

- C

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting for my GG#4 Auto seeds from Seedsman along with about 20 other seeds. I haven't tried it, but my son and daughter in-law rave about it. Better put it on your shopping list.
      Last edited by starramus; 10-20-2018, 05:31 PM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Ain't got nothin to say yet, but it's on the list for my next grow, coming up very soon. I've got some Royal Gorilla by RQS.

"I'm considering a new round of White Widow (always a classic), Original Glue or the Blackjack. I did read some about the Blackjack and it sounds like a nice plant.
    I'm going to buy 5 packs of seeds I guess (10 seeds), so I'll be buying two different strains.

How is the Girl Scout Cookies then? I know all the hipsters and celebrities over in the States are smoking it, but I thought it was like vaping. Something "trendsetters" do and nothing more :P but is it good?

Would love to grow some Amnesia Haze. First time I smoked it was in Amsterdam in 2010, and it kicked my ass. I was unable to move from my seat at the coffee shop for 3-4 hours. Just sitting there, watching Dutch TV while all the locals where going about it as if it were a normal Thursday. But from what I've heard, the Amnesia Haze grows crazy tall and takes week upon weeks to finish?"

Cocho

Yes White Widow always makes it into the comfort zone. I didn't grow it this year, but chose instead White Russian a close relative. Nirvana does not sell WR though. It has to be obtained from Serious Seeds. I chose GSC for its high levels of THC. I abhor trendy myself. I met a Dane on a flight from Toronto to NYC who found hipsterhood just as distasteful as you do. The THC made my choice. I have not grown Amnesia Haze before but like all Haze it is sure to be over 6 feet easily. 12 weeks, and up for finish. I have grown Super Silver Haze numerous times in the past, and like its psychoactive effects.

I think you'd be most happy with the White Widow, and the Original Glue.

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Distaste is a good word for it, yes. I don't have anything against hipsters, and I'm sure it's all fun and in good spirits. But it has just gotten way to damned far at this point. 50 year old men, with man buns, neck tattoos, suspenders on long boards? Are you kidding me? Haha! I almost drove off the road here the other day I was laughing so hard. It's just too hilarious!

White Rhino is good. I've had some of that, which my friend grew. And I believe I had it in a Volcano vaporizer in Amsterdam too. So I know it's good.

And yeah, that was what I expected from the Amnesia Haze. I know there's different phenoms of the Amnesia Haze, but you can't tell which one you've got before you're 3-4 weeks in. And I believe the auto variation of different strains have other physical attributes than the original? Some of them are shorter etc? Anyways.. I believe you're right. Sticking with what I know will work for me would be my best bet.

I actually have a funny story about Super Silver Haze. Maybe I'll tell it one day I have the time to write a short story on here

Anyways.. what I would love to grow would be Tangerine Dream. But then I would have to buy from Barney's Farm, which is expensive, or buy from some other place (claiming to have real Barney's Farm seeds), and I don't trust that stuff. Heard some edgy stories about people getting scammed with second grade seeds while paying 50-100 for the supreme stuff. But that is some of the tastiest bud I've ever had. Good high and awesome taste. So good in fact, that I smuggled some through the customs on the airport just to bring some with me back home. So good!

- C

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Growing GSC now, will let you know, what I have smoked that was (Claimed to be GSC) was a not heavy stoned, happy, work all day kind of stone. Getting me to work all day, had the wife looking for more seeds :-)

It's alive!

Today when I woke up I could see a little tiny green and purple thingy poking above the ground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.10.18 #1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	260760

Name:	22.10.18 #2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	260761

The conditions inside the tent are promising this far. I don't really need to do anything. The day starts of (when the light turns on) at about 19C (66F), high 60s.
    And it goes all the way up to 30C (86F) through the day. And the humidity varies between 45-50% to 60-70% depending if it's dry outside or not, and if I'm using the humidifier active or not.

Name:	22.10.18 #4.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	260763

This will also stabilize greatly when I move it over to a larger pot. The soil helps humidify these small tens.

I also have a small humidifier which I let run for a few hours a day. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done (if need be).

Name:	22.10.18 #3.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	260762
    A small update from me. Hopefully she will grow like weed from now on

- C
    Last edited by Cocho; 10-25-2018, 04:46 AM. Reason: Removed pictures from imgur and uploaded them here instead.

Comment

That "thingie" is a goddess!!!! A magnificent seedling. I am about to harvest a Nirvana Aurora Indica in a week or two. I'm growing it in a tiny fking grow box so it's a micro plant, but she is beautiful, and budding vigorously. As soon as I can get the Blue OG cut down and out of the way, I'll take a pic. Welcome back, Cocho!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Welcome Back Cocho! Missed seein' ya hear mate.
        Mostly just read your first post in the thread, cause I been out of town, but hear's what I can offer up from reading what ya asked up top.

I would stick with Nirvana for seeds, I have gotten great seeds from Seedman, and they are an awesome company, but Nirvana is known for it's stealth, and I have gotten my Seedsman orders confiscated by customs, there stealth is really not very good.

That Molasses is dinomight! I used it my whole grow this time, and along with the earth worm castings and Bat Guano, think it is a huge part of how big and dense this seasons buds got. D.A.A.S. is the one to watch, to learn more about that molasses, but basically, two Tablespoons per gallon, and you can wait till the plants are in flower if molasses is hard to come by up there.

I started using Neem oil to water my plants with, and it worked great. I mix about half a table spoon in a gallon of water when they have about 5 sets of leaves, and then a tablespoon per gallon 3-4 weeks later, and every 3-4 weeks after that. I stop once they start flowering, to keep the flavor from getting in the buds. I had a bad aphid infestation in my tomato plants all season, and they were one foot away from the pot, gave the pot neem, but not the tomatoes. Pot was almost completely bug free. Think you might even use less neem doing it that way.

Good luck with your grow!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man!

Glad to be back!

I've talked it over with my better half, and she wanted me to play it safe. So we're going with Nirvana when this grow is in the bag. I usually clean everything and all that before I order new ones. Just in case they're stopped by the customs and the Police calls. They can't prove anything if there's no evidence to point at

And yes, I'll use the Molasses more for this grow now that I'm not using Molasses based nutrients.
          But the Neem oil I'm not to sure about. We don't really have bugs in the same amount/variety you have in the states. And it's October so it's too cold for bugs anyway. But I'll keep it handy just in case.

Now I'll just have to figure out what strains I'm going to buy next. I've got an idea, but I like to really think these things through before buying.

I'm using my weed partly as a remedy for anxiety and quality of sleep, and sometimes for my muscles and joints. But also for junk food and Netflix, hehe!

And thanks again! This grow will be awesome!

- C

"I would stick with Nirvana for seeds, I have gotten great seeds from Seedman, and they are an awesome company, but Nirvana is known for it's stealth, and I have gotten my Seedsman orders confiscated by customs, there stealth is really not very good." GreenhouseEffect

I am very certain that I have had another order hijacked by customs. It should have been here days ago. I have notified Seedsman, and received the expected reply that I have to wait 25 business days for a resend. At least this time I paid the extra for discreet stealth shipping. Unfortunately my CMH is cooking away in the basement on some clones awaiting the ordered GG#4 Auto seeds. This bullshit is costing me money.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch! That right there would be a nightmare..

But it actually makes my choice even easier.

What are you going to do now? What are the repercussions for having you seeds stopped?

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really any repercussions, usually. I grow in a legal state, and from what I know, they don't really have much budget for an increasingly unpopular "war on drugs". Least that's my hope, no problems so far.
          I started ordering from inside the country, New420guy.com Great prices, got hear fast, and the folks that I have heard from on hear, are really happy with the results, have to wait till spring to plant mine, though. Not sure about stealth shipping options, mine weren't shipped stealth, but maybe he does something for over seas shipping? Really have no idea.

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          I see. Well.. most NA based businesses won't ship to a larger portion of Europe. So my best bet will be to order from EU I guess. Free shipping and all you know. The best is of course to order from a country not associated with cannabis, but that is hard and often expensive as well.

Quoting self " starramusstarramus
        Green Thumb

10-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
        since Seedsman asks for 25 days for order to arrive, at the end of the period a package arrives with the letter inside that the beans are destroyed. Do you know of the potential ramifications of this event.

"Happened to me one time. They confiscate the seeds, and that is the end of the story. No legal action against you is taken. Not sure if this is a random search and seizure or if your name and address are added to a data base. I have since changed my name, and delivery address just in case. I have multiple properties so that was easy for me. Have your replacements sent to a friend's address. Good luck with the Federales!"

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! I've heard about customs "nuking" seeds, but didn't believe it was real. Over here they just confiscate them and hand your name over to the Police. But with no actual evidence you ordered and payed for the seeds, they can't do shit.

They can keep an eye on you and come on a surprise visit later on, busting you in the middle of a grow. But they usually don't since resources have to be spent on killers, terrorists, rapists and trafficking. Which makes sense.

I would be really worried about our legal system if they prioritized a normal law-abiding citizen, growing a few plants a year for private consumption, over a ISIS supporting gangbanger with blood on his hands. Then I would move to Canada. But for now we're good.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          "Then I would move to Canada."

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          "I will be there as soon as I can! You have to give me a more specific location, you are a big country. You are the kindest country in the world. You are like a really nice apartment over a meth lab." - Robin Williams

What on earth did he mean by that? That Canada has some real problems with hardcore drugs, or that all the neighbors are toothless white dudes? :P

I will have the resend sent to yet a third name, and address. Fuck those customs pirates! They have zero credibility!
        Last edited by starramus; 10-24-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          They won't give you your money back either? Must be some other seed bank trading all the big brands? I remember a place called "Attitude Seedbank", but I believe they're the same type of place as Seedsman.

There's also "I love growing marijuana". I believe they're selling loads of different strains from different breeders, but they're way more expensive than Nirvana. But worth a shot if you're able to get you money back?

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed on the Seedsman web site that they now give an address in Spain. I am certain they used to be located in Britain. I wonder if they were being surveilled, and had to move out of country? All of the packets I previously received were postmarked Britain.
          Last edited by starramus; 10-24-2018, 07:32 AM.

I will say that Seedsman has sent me a few emails about re-shipping. I asked that they just credit my account for a few weeks. And I will get them some other shipping info

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          It could very well be that a major crack down has taken place specifically with Seedsman.
          Last edited by starramus; 10-24-2018, 08:39 AM.

Good morning everybody!

The weekend is upon us (soon) and I'll be participating a Halloween party on Saturday, so I'll be busy and all.

That is why I figured I would post a small update now, just to show how it's going. And then post another update next week, that way we can keep track on progress.

Nothing much has happened since last update. She has grown a little, and looks fairly happy.
        She did "bend" or stretch to the side yesterday, and I thought it might have been because of the light? Its a 200W CFL bulb, and a tad to strong for the little one on close range?
        I moved the bulb further up late last night, and she looked a little straighter today, so it might have been it?

The bulb is about 15-16cm (6 inches) above the plant now. That should be good right?

Anyways.. this little one has a deep purple color already. Much more vibrant purple than I've ever seen earlier. It might be because of the extra good soil, or that I got one of the true purple pheno I've read about?

The pictures don't do her justice, and I'll switch camera in the future. Just found a Olympus E520 (digital reflex camera) with a lens hidden in the weardrobe, no battery or charger though, so I ordered a new set from ebay. Should be here in a week or two. So until then we'll just have to make due with my mobile camera.

Name:	25.10.18 #3.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	260767

Name:	25.10.18 #2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	260769

Name:	25.10.18 #1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	260770

You can't really tell by the pictures, but the two leaves she already got, and the two tiny new ones starting to form, are all purple. Looking forward to see how she develops.

The conditions are good inside the tent as of now. Got a little hot last night (31C/88F) and a humidity of 55%. But that was my fault for keeping it so toasty in the living room.
        Today it looks much better.

Name:	25.10.18 #4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	260768

It's a little hard to keep a stable humidity here at this time of the year. It only gets dryer and dryer as we close in on the winter. And by Christmas it can go all the way down to 30% humidity, and I would need a pretty beast humidifier to counter that. So I'll do my best by making sure the one I'm using now is on most of the day. But 55% in the morning is not that bad. Usually I manage to keep it around 60% most of the time.

I gave her a proper dosage of water for the first time yesterday. And by proper I mean a larger dosage than last time, and enough for a few drops to run off. The water was pH-regulated to 6,5 and mixed with Bioworm (worm castings) for better root growth and health of the plant. And I'll just let her be like that until it's dry, then I will measure the weight of the pot on a scale before watering again.

That was my little update for today.

Hope you're all having a good one.

Peace!

- C

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          The leaves certainly do not look purple while the stem does.

Hey Buddy,
        Glad she's commin' along and growin good for ya!
        Be careful not to over water though, the best growers I see tend to give seedlings just a little bit of water at a time, even just a tablespoon! Then let them dry back out, like you said. Obviously, don't let her dry out to a crisp, but don't want to water to run off with when that small a plant.
        Also, if the Nutes that you will be using are completly organic, with no chemical salts, you don't want to water to runoff, since you would end up rinsing out all the good stuff from your soil. Now, if they do have fertilizer salts in them, then definitely want some runoff, so the salts don't build up and harm your plant.

That dry air would be so awesome for flowering though! Kinda jelous this fall, went from a dry summer, to wet, now I got to fight the gray mold, and some powdery mildew at harvest, ( YUCK!!)

I Got nuthin on the purple, hopefully one of the more experienced folks knows??.....

When it's time to re-pot, put her darn near up to her leaves in soil, and that little bit of extra stem will grow more feeder roots for her.

Happy holiday!

GH
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          DAAS69, Cocho is partial to Aurora Indica so that is what he is growing again. Cocho certainly does know what he is doing, but it is unfortunate that his oppressors the Norwegian govt. limit his growing skills to such a degree. He should be growing a dozen plants!

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never had purple leaves on an Aurora.

Cocho how did your first AI turn out phenotype wise?
          Last edited by starramus; 10-25-2018, 07:00 PM.

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it!

I've lowered the lamp again. The plant was still "leaning" to the left when I looked in on her this morning. And if I turn the pot the other way, she starts leaning the other way in a few hours. So I opened the "air-patch" on the side of the tent to see if she was leaning towards the air or something.

The phenotype from my last grow of Aurora Indica was a Afghan Indica looking plant. Short, bushy and old school green. Not much purple when she started flowering. She had some purple in the beginning, but nothing special after a while.

By the way guys.. how do you "tag" people with the "@" in the comments? I can do it if I write in the "main window", but when I press "comment" and write in there I can't tag people with the "@".

On the subject of purple leaves this eerie synchronistic event.
        • starramusstarramus
          Green Thumb

Today, 01:12 AM

Wow I bought the two Viparspectras last year, and this is my first time using them. I chopped two White Russians from the grow last night. I moved the rest of the grow outside for transfer to the bunk house for some light deprivation before chop. I have the windows covered over. But anyway check out this photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0573.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	261028

• Edit
          • Comment
          • Flag
          • Like 0
        • starramusstarramus
          Green Thumb

Today, 01:21 AM

This bud location is over two feet from the top of the plant. I have purple leaves. I have never had purple leaves on an Aurora Indica. Did the LEDs bleach my leaves purple, or was it due to the cooler temps? I did heat the barn well above freezing. I have some purple leaves over four feet down. Maybe I should have read this article https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-gro...-cannabis-buds, but I did the familiar old hot hand check. I guess never assume anything. The tops of the plants were less than the specified 18", but they appear just like this bud. Not burnt, but just purple. Trichomes seem A-OK. Whaddayathink?
        Last edited by starramus; 10-25-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          So this one turned purple due to cold temperatures? I know this can happen, but then it's getting quite cold I guess? Outdoors cold and not the temperatures you'll have inside your house.

For example, my tent is placed in my office/guest room where I have the computer and paperwork and stuff. So it really don't get that much colder in there than in the living room. Maybe 18C/65F during the night at the coldest.

But it sure looks awesome with purple plants! There's a local grow community like this one in my country, where people post pictures, questions etc. Just like on here. And the other day some dude posted a picture of a awesome looking plant. Green leaves but dark purple buds. In other words.. the weed that guy would be placing in his rolling paper would be purple, not green. Hehe!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X