No announcement yet.

White widow autofem indoor journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Hell if that isnt Polkweed, Polk Sallet, or as I prefer to call it Polk Salad in your picture I think. Behind your plants. We cook those up where I'm from. Like a mess of greens.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve eaten it a couple times as a kid, but don’t have much use for it. It’s everywhere here in KY

Time for the Wednesday update fellas. Looks like they’re recovering well after the supercropping. I still haven’t gotten to the last tall one tho. They just got their nutes of terpinator and bud candy. Campesino Since you were referred to me on your technique, what do you think bud? Cannabliss Did you see my question on the smell? They still have none, while you can smell my outsiders from 30’ away. Question for all that read these....should I go ahead and take off the other fan leaves and the useless stem growth down below each girl? I’d be lucky to get a few popcorns from them. I’ll take a low pic of them too. Thanks for any likes and all the help for my first indoor grow y’all.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx guys. They’re healing pretty well. The tall branch perked back up and is tall again...lol. I did learn that I suck at supercropping. Growing outside is so much easier. I’m glad I have y’all to watch my back to show how I’m fuckin up, or doing things right..😂👍🏻. The hairs on these girls are getting so long of the bud formation I almost need to keep a comb in here. The widow is such a strange strain to try for a first time indoor grow. Growing outside the only time I’d worry is when they’d get over 7-8’ and then I’d just tie branches down. Growing in such a small area can be a pain in the ass. Another question for Cannabliss is am I behind on the grow compared to yours at 1-12 months? Did you deal with any nute burn after weekly application? I’ll always get 5-10 dead small leaves every time I give them their bud candy. After looking closer at the growth I did notice that I really don’t have ‘buds’ forming yet. I was thrown back by the hairs..duh. Maybe I should deal with them more sober. I think I’ll skip next weeks bud candy. The temp has remained 70 at night and around 75 during the day, sometimes up to 80. I don’t have a way to give exact humidity, but it’s high. The walls of the tent are soaked when I open it to water. I’m not going to do great this time around, but I believe I’ll do well. Btw, my dog hates the smell of them. When I would defoliant I’d take the leaves, crush them to smell, and them wipe her down with them. Well guys, off to the outsiders to water. I didn’t get to them yesterday.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      What it was about the leaves is all the reading I did on indoor growing and super defoliation by leaving the tops and new stem growth. This is a giant experiment for me on trying different techniques for indoor growing. The ones I did outdoors was my first time lollipoping. This whole year has been all about trying different things and learning new, both indoor and outdoor. All my years of just growing outdoors has been to add fertilizer, spray, watch for bugs, and just grow massive plants. I’m even going to bonsai one on the kitchen table. This expansion into indoors has been real touch and go. The whole reason for learning indoor is to grow during winter months for the first time, plus being in the chair now I can’t get to my normal grow spots outside for the big girls.
      It is hard to tell, but they are super healthy. I’ll update more soon. Thanks for all the help and likes guys

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Campesino I forgot to add that as far as exhaust, I have a 6” blower, duct, and 20”X8” charcoal filter, I just haven’t installed it yet. Still all sitting in the boxes. I’ll probably put that all in on Sunday.

Update to my update

Comment

TBO it's a bit hard to compare your Ww grow with mine. You have to take everything you did (or did not do) into account as opposed to what I did with mine. A few things to consider would be the fact that I grew a photo, where you're growing an auto. Lots of difference there, so it's a bit hard to answer your question as to whether you're behind me when I was where you are now. Another was the utilization of your LED lights. You were still becoming familiar with LED’s, while learning to grow indoors and growing some plants outdoors. This was a good learning experience for you. I understand growing indoors for the first time was a bit overwhelming for you, especially running into a few speed bumps along the way. But we all go through that and we learn from these “mistakes”. If you’re already familiar with indoor growing, Ww is an easy strain. At least I think so lol. Once you get better, growing in small spaces isn’t going to be as hard as it was this first time around.
      Nute burn, never had it. If you check out my journal I literally gave her the lowest nute doses I could without starving her. So adding any extra additives in flower didn’t affect her whatsoever. She actually welcomed them lol. I’m not sure why this is happening to you. Could be something else causing it? What’s the PPM/EC of the soil?
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks.. All I know is I’ll get dead leaves every time I give em the bud candy. I keep spacing out that you grew photos. I also spray them with fish emulsion here and there. Only nutrition I give them regular is the terpinator and fish. My outsiders get all the same things at the same time. I mix everything up daily. First go to the tent and then outside. I do need to start looking for a better light though for winter grow, something much bigger and LED. I’m going to flux train the blue cheese. Good thing momma already knows how to...lol. Thanks again bud

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime my friend. Might want to either replace the Bud Candy with a different product, use less or stop using it altogether. Have you checked out other similar products? Don't soil growers usually use molasses for what Bud Candy provides hydro growers?..... I'm literally asking here because I'm not sure myself lol.

This is where my talent lies. I tried the lollipoping the first time on these random seeds and started them in the tent for their first month. Still have a ways to go, but still pretty and healthy

Comment

Recovering well

Comment

Campesino So, while my state patrol cousin was down for the weekend we installed the filter and fan. Takes up a bit of room and it’s a bit loud. It’s a 6” 450 cfm fan I got on amazon, same with the filter and duct. I took Campesinos advice and did it right away...lol

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Campesino It’s installed in my bathroom that’s an addition on my house. Had it built after breaking my neck. With the door closed you really can’t hear it. I’m so secretive about the room that even the gal that stays here doesn’t even know about my indoor grow, just my outside girls. I just wish I had a bigger tent, but I got this one cuz it’s all I could fit. Funny how I leave the door open when I shit and shower...lmao

Typical Todd moment...🙄. So, the blower fan I got for my tent is a 450 cfm. I have every vent open and even the top of the door and it’s still sucking the tent inward😂. Between it, the 9”, and the 5” stem fan, there sure is lots of air movement going on in there. Humidity is like zero now. It’s a good thing I folier feed them multiple times a day. They have done another growth spurt. That’s a good thing. Hope you guys give me some thumbs up on Wednesday when I post pix....lol.
          I love a good learning experience. What to do and what not to do on my next grow. Fluxing the blue cheese is a must! I need a bigger LED light. My soil mix is just fine, so there’s that. Looks like my fans are gonna be ok now and airflow. I’ll need to master my defoliation technique. I think I will increase the amount of perlite in my soil. Anyone ever use the Co2 bags? I thought of using one, but since I open my tent a couple times a day it would just cancel it out. What are your thoughts? Anything else I need to research for my winter grow? Thanks guys
          Last edited by Retodd; 09-24-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

We’re on day 3 of rain and as you can see, we have much more coming. Had to move the girls to the back porch and throw the 24” fan on them. Now that I went airbags this year I’m never going back to just putting them in the ground.👍🏻👌🏻 I like the ease of getting them out of the weather when need be. On average my plants are 7-10’. These shorties make it easy this year. Guess I’ll see how it goes next year

Comment

So, even after taking precautions and moving them on the porch out of the rain and putting the fan on them I still ended up with bud rot! I had a ton of leaf damage and death on my outsiders. Paranoia really kicked in when I got home and seen a package that was delivered onto my porch from UPS. Plants are on my back porch. They are stupid skunky. Well, that’s my outside update.
              My WWs are looking great and it looks like I’ll have the SOG I was wanting. I took a couple pix before and after their spraying. I can’t wait to see some massive buds on them too.
              This year has just sucked for most of us growing outdoors. Most of you that I follow on here have lost a ton due to rot, so I’m not going to bitch about the little I did so far.
              You guys might laugh at what I have to deal with this weekend.....A guy is driving out from CO interested in buying my farm and is going to look at my house, property, shop, etc. I am going to have to hide my girls, take my tent out of the bathroom and prolly hide it in my truck, and just be on edge the whole time....ugh. I can use the $400K tho.
              well all...enjoy and hope I get a few likes.

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                My ups man stopped and knocked on my door once just to tell me the police where sitting at the end of my street. Lmao but you may be legal soon.

Fuck this fuckin rain! Non stop! It’ll be nice when my plants can actually be back in some sun

Comment

• Blazed227
                Blazed227 commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel ya buddy.. I made an executive decision. To cut my last outdoor down... It ended up gettin mold to
                . was only a little bit but if ida left it ...would beem nothing left.. Rained everyday since

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Blazed227 I just read your post. Sux buddy. I am partial to blueberry myself. It’s my go to strain for pain/spasms. Seems everyone on here got hit this year.

Yea it was one of the best I've grown.. Or even smoked in a while... Making some rso for the wife right now.. Finishing up now In the rice cooker.. Just about done👍👍 about n hour left.. I used all tje trim an pop corn from The blue dream,blueberry @n pineapple skunk indoor.. Looks like I'm gonna get alot more then I thought.. Didnt keep any of the out door trim because of the mold an shit all thru it.. Didnt wanna deal with it..
              Visit my current grow at
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                If there was enough of the outdoor you coulda still done a alcohol method to make tincture. Sucks to waste anything ya know

• Blazed227
                Blazed227 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I did use alcohol.. Everclear.. To wash the bud then strained it an cooked the alcohol off in the rice cooker then finished cooking it on a little electric burner.. Turned out STRONG as hell... Seriously put me to sleep.. Then I woke up said oh fu k this an went back to bed lmao

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Blazed227 good deal...I’d kill for a good nights sleep

NAKEDGARDENER Thought you might appreciate this update too since I put pipe pix on. I’m going to start on the pipes from Lord of the Rings this weekend if I get the chance. I’m thinking of using blond walnut since it’s a ivory color. Message me if your still wanting one.
              So, it’s Wednesday and time for my update. I’m selling the farm, so all the girls are hidden outside including the widows. Can’t have people in the house seeing a grow tent with them in it now can I? Lol. The one guy that came out from Colorado to look at the farm is a smoker and was happy to know I had smoke on hand. He hung out in my shop a bit and wanted a pipe, so I made him this quickie out of some walnut.
              The girls have all been doing good. You can see on the leaves where my mom screwed up and sprayed them with regular city water and the bleach they put in our water supply speckled them a bit. They’ll recover just fine. I have our cooking herbs in my tent right now in case anyone sees it. I’m lucky that the forecast for the next 10 days is nice and they’ll be ok outside. Have more people coming this weekend to look at the place.
              oldjarhead100 Still needing a good reference on a large LED light for my tent guys. I thought of going MH since the room gets cold in the winter, but don’t want a large electric bill. OJH100 said his uses a lot. Message me with some links. I’m going to start my blue cheese next month. Thanks guys
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Retodd; 10-03-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
                NAKEDGARDENER commented
                Editing a comment
                Will pm you later about the pipe but good luck on the sale and also I love this story of the plants and all you do for them. I want to say much more other than that I love the pics but I want to mention the KING LED full spectrum, they are available up to 3k and reasonably priced. I bought the 1200w one and am thinking of buying three more for my indoor shop

Had to move them back to the porch again. More dealings with bud rot. Had to sacrifice a few today. This weather and humidity we’ve had this year is just redunkalous. The girls are back in the tent again and had to pluck some jacked up leaves from them too. The briars and vines on the one hill where they were at just attacked them. Oh, so I ordered a 60X lease that attaches to my iPad and got it in yesterday. Should make it cooler to take pix than just using my eye loop. I’ll tool around with it soon enough. Hard to tell from the pix of my outside grow, but the colas are only about 5” right now on average. I should still get a decent harvest out of them anyway. Me and a friend smoked some that was broken and I dried from 2 weeks ago. Still had the green taste to it, but a good mellow buzz. I should be able to narrow it down more once I dry and cure them. I know I have 3 totally different strains, so they’ll be dried separately. Whatever I don’t keep at least I know it’ll go to my buddy. He can’t wait for the WW. It’s going for $100/quarter where I’m at. I’ll keep y’all updated.✌🏻

Comment

I had spaced out taking pix of the widows on Wednesday. Here’s the girls and tried out the new 60X lense for the iPad. Still getting the jist of it. Until I see y’all later. Trimmings426 You need to order one too. I got it at amazon.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X