White widow autofem indoor journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at this thread
    Hello everyone, Well I'm getting a little bored so I'm going to do an experiment. The experiment will be with 1 Northern Light's Auto, I will attempt to

Comment

Forgive the picture quality they're actually super green right now. Did a count on Bessie and she'll have 12 colas and Topsy will have 10. I'll start Topsys LST tomorrow since she lost leaves today. They've only been folier fed with distilled water up to now, but I'm mixing up some fish emulsion for the next ones. Cannabliss how many colas did you have on your 3.9oz one? Also I've seen how everyone uses calmag and I never have. On you good, bad, ugly you said you wished you would have started earlier with it. My soil is really rich and I've just used all natural approach coming to indoor the way we've always done outdoor. Should I pick some up at the store, or say fuck it and just stick with my approach of using fish, my soil, and terpinator? Thx all

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe in the end I had about 16 or17 colas. The reason I stated that I wished I had given my plants some extra Cal-Mag in the beginning is because I was using R.O. water. R.O. water doesn't have anything, so we basically have to add some Cal-Mag before adding nutes, etc. I had simply forgotten to add Cal-Mag to the first 2 feedings or so, which is why I had that slight Mag deficiency. You're growing in soil, however. Your soil should already have all that in it, so you don't need to add it unless you start running into deficiencies that require you to add it later in the growth.

I was gonna say, I could crush and disolve what I have on hand if you thought it would work. 16 or 17? Damn it....I shouldn't have topped them yet then. Guess I won't catch you. At least I'm having fun doing it tho
      Attached Files

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man they're autos. It's funny cuz I thought you did too...lmao. I'm a result of over reading about indoor growing. I googled 'high yeild high thc indoor grow' and WW autofem was #1 on a bunch of sites, so that's why I bought it. It said I could expect 190-240 grams per. That's when I started reading about yours when I studied it on here. I'm hoping I end up w a SOG still. I'll be happy with whatever I get on totals. This is a stress reliever for me to go in and hang out with them daily and see the progress. Should I try the photos next? My plan was to grow the blue cheese after these. Don't know if you remember but I have 5 WW, 5 BC, and 5 jock for outdoor next year. All are autofems. As a thought I should prolly get the autos down pat before moving on to a different type...lol
        Last edited by Retodd; 08-21-2018, 06:05 AM.

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        A SOG would make better sense than to try to SCROG an auto. As far as topping goes, most auto growers rarely top their autos. If they do, they usually recommend just once, and that's if the plant is super healthy. That's why when you mention multiple toppings, both my eyebrows were raised lol. Don't get me wrong, autos are great, but I prefer photos simply because I can make sure she's healthy before she flips. With an auto, she'll flip whether she's sick or not. And as we all know, you never want to flip a sick plant. The good thing is that you have plenty of autos to practice on. If I were you, I'd just continue to grow the remaining autos, but do a bit more research on them to make sure you grow them as an auto and not a photo. Then you'll be nice and ready to grow a photo and SCROG the hell out of her lol.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do. I am looking forward to doing the cheese too. I thought of trying that spiral type of LST I've read about. I'd only do it on one of them though. It looks hard tho. You had me lol a bit too when I read the 'raised eyebrow'. I topped the one time to stunt it. Limited grow space n all. I've just been doing my best to get a giant yeild, more for testing myself than anything

Yeah, so it's the outsiders I'm uploading atm....I went out to see some nice buds starting. All of them are covered. They were started indoors May 21st and was in the tent for a month. I have to address the fungi today. I did the LST on Topsy early this am, so I'll upload their pix later today around 4 or so. I'm not complaining on the outdoor ones since they were just random seeds. 4 out of 23 were female. Good news too...I ordered a new iPad on rush delivery, so pix will improve. See you all in 4-5 hrs✌🏼️
      Attached Files

Comment

Officially 3 weeks old! They're looking really good. Both have recovered really well on the LST. I guess I'm at that point of just watering and talking to them a couple times daily. They do love getting a small shower 3-4 times a day. I'm in the dark, but guessing they'll start coming out of veg in another week or sooner if I'm lucky. I guess you guys would know more.
        Attached Files

Comment

So, looks like I got rust or blight in the area of my outdoor girls. You can see the smoke brush and how many leaves I had to take off. All I can do is pray. If it's one of them I'm fucked! I don't know of any other yellow powder on leaves. I know this is my indoor journal, but needed to vent and share. All this friggin rain this year has nailed a bunch of us.
          Blazed227 dhahaha....I forgot to tag you earlier
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Retodd; 08-27-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Blazed227
            Blazed227 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks.. hopefully all turns out ok.. hoping I got all my mold issues taken care of... dry for the for coming future so will see.. tons of freakin dew I'm the mornings tho so prolly screwed either way

So today marks week 4. I was really hoping to see some preflower going on, but nothing yet. Still keeping the same regimen of watering 8oz each a day of water with terpinator and spraying with distilled water anywhere from 1-4 times a day. My tent has been warming up for some reason and I keep trying to correct it by adjusting vents. I think I'll crack the door into the room. It's been averaging 84 degrees and they're still on the 20-4 light schedule. I need to find a way to raise the light too. It hangs from really long wires that connect to my hanger ropes and they're zeroed out right now. My 9" fan is above the light, so going to move it too. Btw, my new iPad was delivered while writing this up. Once I figure it out I'll take pix w it and put them on here. Looks like I have work to do on my tent and I've procrastinated to long already. Anyway...✌🏼️ all and wish me luck.

Comment

I didn't want to feel like we were hijacking the other posters thread, so I'm going to reply to you here concerning the trouble you were having with your lights. If you're having trouble raising the lights due to those long ass wires that come with them, you can try using just one wire per hanger, instead of 2 wires. This shortens the length and allows more room between your plants. Then you just clip it onto the hangers. I took a pic to show you what I mean.
            Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
            White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks bud. I had thought of that before, but I figured it would rock back n forth.. I’m just glad I found the other hangers. I hate asking my mom to help reach the higher stuff for me. Wish I had a friend I could trust to get the blower and filter put up.

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, the light looks much better at that height. I usually listen more to what my plants are telling me, rather than what the manufacturer tells me concerning what height the lights should be. They have NO idea how my plants are reacting. They can only suggest certain heights, but it's up to us to watch the leaves carefully and adjust the height according to how they react.

I was looking at one of the pics and noticed all the wiring close to the lights that could end up being a fire hazard. Any way you can buy yourself a good extension cord and move all those connections out of the way? Better safe than sorry lol.

CannablissBlazed227D.A.A.S.69 So, as a early update thanks to you guys. We’re back on track. I did however take a bunch of fan leaves off yesterday. I only took the ones where the new growth was 3+”. They were struggling for light anyway. In two weeks or so I’ll be able to do more. I also switched positions of the girls because of the 9” fan. Later today I’m going to put the fan in a more perminant position. I need help with that since I can’t reach the top of my tent to tie the hangers. I was accidentally posting on someone else’s thread. Duh. The light has been raised to 18-3/4” above the highest growth. There hasn’t been any bleaching, but the guys had me do it preemptively. I love this forum and all the help I’ve had from all the growers here. I’m learning so much about indoor growing. This give me peace of mind every day when I’m able to come in and nurture my girls and talk to them and see how well they’ve been doing. Well, until I post on Wednesday. I may have the exhaust put in by then. They’re starting to smell a little skunky....lol. Also, I’ve been cracking the door into the room to let the cool air in. It’s staying around 75.

Comment

Just went through and read and checked out your entire journal up till this point and I'll have to say I'm impressed with the auto your growing. I've never tried growing any autos before, just not my cup of tea I don't think. For me I like to be in control of my girls and flip'em when I want them to begin flowering and not have them tell me when they are going to start. I guess what I worry most about growing autos is the fact that they could flip over to flowering if their sick or under stress and thats not good for them so I've read and heard. But you are doing a awesome job with your WW Autos, so keep it up and Happy Growing Retodd.

Comment

• Blazed227
                Blazed227 commented
                Editing a comment
                nah wasn't me that said that, lol, I've only grown autos once so, I learned on photos... there more forgiving in my opinion. ..if u screw up while there in veg u can pretty much recover from anything it will grow back... with an auto, if u screw up, u only got so much time before she starts flowering so ...there's Def less room for mistakes with an auto...BTW the girls look gteat bro, I had to cut the 2 down that I had out in the swamp....=( the bud rot tookem out early....an the widow had all the biggest tightest buds.. they were freakin beautful... I managed to save about 4 oz... of the smallet buds... all the big ones were ruined.. hopefully there mature enough to give u half a buzz... I've lost so much to bud rot this season already... an the buds aren't even all that big yet.. hoping I don't loose it all an atleast can cover what I spent on dirt an shit....

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Fuck all that bro...this is supposed to be a relaxing way of life. I haven’t checked on my outsiders for a week. I’m going to roll out there here in a little while after my bandages get done. I can’t wait to see them and send you guys pix w the new iPad. As far as my autos go, I guess they are good to learn with. I haven’t seen them in two days. I had my mom take care of them yesterday. You see...I’m on bed rest right now dealing with these damned pressure sores. I’m only allowed minimal time in my chair and when I do it’s all about caring for the girls...lol. Oh yeah, Trimmings426 I keep having problems going to your thread. Blazed227 I’m always getting you and Cannabliss mixed up on conversations....lol. You guys are the ones I mainly talk to. Well, gonna finish this cup o joe, bandage, and get with the program. I’m super excited to see the outsiders! Hoping to see some much improved plants and they recovered after the scare of blight or rust. They’ve been sprayed a couple times with copper

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Retodd I get mix ups a lot on here. Mostly due to avatars that are similar. I always double check before I hit the "Post Reply" button lol. Hope you feel better my friend.

So, the outsiders are doing great. Looks like the copper did it’s job. When I went to the room to check the girls I seen the door was closed, so it was hot in there. Temp inside the tent was 90! Moms are allowed to make mistakes tho and no harm done. Seeing hairs all over them is getting me excited to see the buds start. I took some random pix of the outsiders. God, I love the picture quality of the new iPad! Oh...only 3 of them made it through the fungus, whatever it was. 🎶playing Taps for her. Enjoy the pix guys
              Attached Files

Comment

Since taking those fan leaves off the other day the girls have exploded with growth! Buds are starting to become more defined now. One stalk literally grew 2” in the last couple days. When I can I need to raise the light again...lol. I think I may be trusting a friend of mine about my growing. He’s a cool dude and I know I can trust him. Famous last words. Have to think about it tho. He’s not a smoker and has only tried once. Decisions decisions. Ok all...peace

Comment

This is what I’m talking about buddy. Raised the light and she’s still 16” from it. I’m trying to think of a safe way to attach lines to the stalks so I can bend them down and attach them to the bag. I’d like to grab each one about 1\2 way up to pull them down. I only really have to deal with 4 of them. If I grab 1/2 way up then they’ll flex more. oldjarhead100 hope you could chime in too. I might grab something weight wise from outside to tie the wires to to put on the outside of the bag. Any help especially old pix of what you guys may have done in the past would be great. I’m going to address this today.

Comment

• Redwasp
                    Redwasp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I attach mine to the bag/pot using safety pins. They work great. They are cheap, easy to move/adjust, and are reusable.

Here’s the plan...gonna tie these two down and leave the tent open till tonight or however long it takes for them to turn upright towards the light. And then rotate the bag to the other side and do the other two. I’ll keep the door to the room closed so it’ll retain heat in here. It’ll drop in humidity, but only for a day or two until I get these straightened out, or should I say bent and trained. Guess I’m gonna end up with the SOG that I wanted. I just wish I had more room for a larger tent. Wish me luck

Comment

• Retodd
                    Retodd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did that a week ago. There’s very few fan leaves on them. That’s why they look so sparce and skinny...lol. I waiting till the new growth was 3” and then took the leaves off. I’ll do it one more time in a week or two. Redwasp

• Cannabliss
                    Cannabliss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a good plan. Is the pic you provided in this reply the aftermath of the super cropping? Can I ask why take off more fan leaves? They don't really look too bushy and they're going to need those fan leaves.

• Redwasp
                    Redwasp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you are mixing up supercropping with defoliating. They do not need any more defoliating. Supercropping is a way to bend the stems and cause the plant to expend more energy growing the buds.

Can’t help but to post these, but I decided to let my friend know about my grow. He has a light on his phone, so we took a couple pix. I needed to chop a nearby weed and he was able to swing the machete. I’m so looking forward to seeing how they all turn out. They are averaging about 3” colas right now. Enjoy✌🏻
                  Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X