Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab1080
    commented on 's reply
    Great thoughts Cronk! I thought maybe the stems would be to rigid for bending. This morning I checked and I am able to bend bud over, run string around its stem and connect to the other side of box. Gets me a couple more inches room and get light to bud area that was not getting real exposed. Kudos

• wheatgrass
    replied
    Thanks man. You've been a big help.

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    I prefer 3.75”-4” nets pots for my final pot so to speak...when you start to actually veg the plant, you will want it to be in a net pot & media such as hydroton for support. I wouldn’t recommend trying to veg or flower a plant without said support.

I’ve kept plants in my cloner for up to 6 months in the collars and they don’t develop the thick roots necessary for flower regardless of nutrient strength or light provided. It’s almost like they want the resistance they get from the media and net pot in order to develop the thick roots needed for a good flowering period.

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    have you tried pulling them down with string or a net? try to get the colas more horizontal, could get you some space

• wheatgrass
    commented on 's reply
    Great! Next round i am going to go with no cup. If you had a 3.75" collar could you go no net cup again? Or does the plant need the support of the cup? I am in a reservoir. About 26 gallons gets the water to about 2-3 inches below the cups. 600W LED. Thanks for your help!

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t use a net cup until I place them in the full sized grow buckets. Just makes for easier and less evasive transplants

• Cab1080
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I can't get my light any higher unfortunately. The bud is pretty much touching it. I can attest these LED's do not throw off a ton of heat,lol. I also have an ac in the room with my box, so as I type this sitting the room it 56 and I am shivering! Looking for mainly peaked out THC low cBD and daytime type use which these strains are supposed to be.

• wheatgrass
    commented on 's reply
    That looks easier to remove. So in that case you are not using a net cup at all? Thanks for your help.

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    wheatgrass for seed starting this is a little hack I came up with using the collars in the cloner. Just cut out the inside of the collar and a rapid rooter will fit snuggly inside it.

Leave a comment:

• wheatgrass
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Obi-Wan. I do have collars on the way. These are from seed. 3rd set of leaves just starting and some roots are 5-6" long. The idea of cutting out the bottoms sounds excellent. I will definitely do that.

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    wheatgrass There is no easy way to transplant from a 2” net cup to a larger one. I suggest buying the 2” neoprene collars and cutting out the bottom of your 2” net cups. The collars will support your cuttings and removing the bottom of your net cup will allow you to remove them freely for transplant into the 3.75 in cups. I like to let my clone grow at least 4-5” of roots so I can run the roots through the bottom of the net pot. This way they start their journey with their feet in the water.

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    haha photos... and photos... same word, different meaning!

You do look like you have some heat stress there and light definitely does degrade THC. Maybe try to cool it down just a bit for the final two weeks and make sure your LED isn't too close/burning the top. Get one of the loupes or scopes in the GWE tutorials. Can really see the color changes on the trichomes with those for a more accurate decision. What type of effect are you looking for/ are the strains known for?

I can already tell this thread is going to eat up hours upon hours of my future time... yea soilless!

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I actually started thinking they might be Autos... But I figured I'd run with your first sentence... "Here are some photos"! LMAO

• Cab1080
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, this would be day 46 with pistils. Should of said these are auto flower and have been on 18-6 throughout the grow.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Is "day 46", 46 days of 12/12 lighting or 46 days with pistils. If you are trying to go by breeder estimates it is always better to count the flowering period as the days since first pistils rather than the flip to 12/12.
    I'd say you have 2-3 more weeks and that should give them time to turn cloudy and plump

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X