X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingDutchPaddy
    replied
    Hello everyone,

Was wondering, are there any tables/diagrams/documentation around that give an indication for a target ppm/ec values for nutrient blended water for the various stages of growth?

Seems like something handy to have, compile an average target ppm/ec /week for reservoir water table for hydro systems to reference (and experiment) against.

as in after adding CalMag/FloraMicro/Gro/Bloom nutrients:
    target ppm/ec for sprouting - xxx-yyy
    target ppm/ec for first week - aaa-bbb
    target ppm/ec for second week - ccc-ddd

and so on.

with what plain water ppm/ec did you start out with - your baseline ppm/ec from the water source ?

and comments with what extra's to add to adjust measured ppm/ec towards intended ppm/ec (up/down).

i'm going to start keeping a record of ppm (NaCl calibration) of plain & nuted water with DWC/Hydro/Recirculating – GH Flora Nutrient Trio DWC schedule [PDF] as reference.

I suppose relevant questions/data points would be:
    observed happy (average) ppm/ec values for the plants - per week.
    what you did with the water to get there.

thoughts? ideas?

Leave a comment:

• farmerjim
    replied
    Following Cab1080 's lead... "the roots of my labor"... lol

(sorry, too lazy to convert to gif...)

Leave a comment:

• LosTweed
    commented on 's reply
    That reminds me of those scobie things from kombucha tea

• Cab1080
    replied
    The roots of my labor!

Leave a comment:

• Cab1080
    replied
    So I have been harvesting my 1st ever hydro grow. 1st grow in general. So far I have 18 grams of Tangerine Dream and 15 grams of Critical Purple. Not a huge amount but I have small grow area and its just cool growing your own flower. Still have quite good haul left as I am waiting for rest to finish because light penetration was an issue so bottom flowers were not done. So very nice to be using my own medicine now though a great feeling. Thanks to everyone here for the help!

Leave a comment:

• wheatgrass
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. Thanks.

• LosTweed
    replied
    I have heard a couple to five years if well stored in the dark and cool places

Leave a comment:

• wheatgrass
    replied
    I am going to get general hydroponics nutrients. Does anyone know how long they last after opening? It is much cheaper to buy by the gallon. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• wheatgrass
    commented on 's reply
    The roots are so long i am going to have to leave them in the 2 inch cups. i will cut a hole in the bottom of the 3.75 inch net cup big enough to fit the roots through but the 2 inch cup wont fall through. Then fill in with pellets. So thanks for the idea of cutting a whole in the 2 inch cup. It lead me to my solution. And i will be using it next time.

• Cab1080
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Saved again by the forum! I added some pictures! Hard for me to get good ones in such a crammed space.

• Cab1080
    replied
    Ok..Ok. I checked those and now not so sure.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cab1080; 06-27-2018, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cab1080
    replied
    Calyxes you say...*heads to google*

Leave a comment:

• Cab1080
    replied
    This is 1st grow and I think I am close to harvest or at least a portion of the grow. What I thought were new pistils forming I believe is light stress from being to close to my LED light. Has anyone else experience this? I looked at trichomes and they are cloudy with quite a few amber. It is by my estimate only day 55-58 right now.

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    good news

• farmerjim
    replied
    This thread is unreal...

giving recirc a try for my 2nd run... hoping to iron out the kinks to use it for the dark harvest in August too!

flowin

0 Likes, 1 Comments - @farmerjim420 on Instagram: “We've got flow!”

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X