Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Envy, Chemdog Millionaire & Bud Bud Bling Tingz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemdog M has good upper growth though hit slightly by heat stress with temps around 27-30C daily. Frustrating. The lower nodes have signs of pre-budlet growth coming through which is a relief as I thought it was going to be a barren wasteland round there but no, there are small leaves showing. Reckon 3rd week defol will push these growths to buds and with upward growth still continuing I think she`ll be round 32" post stretch ( She`s between 24-27 at present)....Pic 1...To be honest I`m hoping more than expecting. Think I should be doing better here with her

Bud Bud...Again heat stress. Although like Delhi Friend she is not fond of too much heat she is doing okay. Been just over a week since defol and doing okay. Pic 2 shows the T-Junction re:manifolding (The shape reminded me of the medieval Bollock dagger, a device nicely designed for stabbing such as through a battle helm`s eye holes to allow you to get to places like the eyes, eye sockets, etc. I`ve got a feeling that`s how the Earl of Warwick met his fate at the battle of Barnet, 1471 but not 100% there though have added a pic. Pic 3- ye ole Bollock dagger).Pic 4 shows Bud Bud`s growth since defol just over a week ago.

Purple E...Really pleasantly surprised as I thought she`d turn out a bit of a wall flower but she`s coasting along nicely and more robust than I believed she`d be and that`s with heat issues...Pic 5...again, just over a week since defol
    Last edited by PaganRich; 08-26-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 That is so heart breaking.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      I have sat in a paint blackened room. Goth I knew once. It does get you down and you can see nought without a fair few lights. He did the skirting and corners in red. That must be 40 yrs now and I still can picture it. Not difficult really, just close your eyes. His family was fine luckily. Blimey, my dad went into my room when I was 14 I think and my mum and me had hung all these curtains and drapes all over the ceiling and walls and I had these red candle glass holder thingys on the walls. It was like flying upside down over fields. I`d seen the singer for a band I like then sitting in an arabian styled tent and wanted the same. So, he breezes in, takes one look at all this cloth and goes and gets me a large fire extinguisher from the pub they were running, downstairs. Used that as a door blocker. If I`d been at your mates then that could`ve been me or this goth lad. Makes you think but that is an incredibly sad story
      Last edited by PaganRich; 08-26-2018, 10:51 AM.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Terribly sad, but that is the honest truth, Gary was a very talented guitarist, but he was way ahead of his time, very similar to JimMorrison, very strange but in a good way.
      But boy could he communicate with the ladies, lol.
      alltatup PaganRich

alltatup I have added a picture to illustrate the problem encountered when he looked up during an arrow storm...bloody stupid thing to do. Personally I always thought the Bayeux Tapestry looked like the work of a bunch of primary school kids instead of skilled noble women with nought else to do but who am I to comment on Norman sewing standards of the 11th century
    Last edited by PaganRich; 08-26-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it: simple, understated, yet elegant.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      At 224 feet I`m not sure we can really go with understated.
      Last edited by PaganRich; 08-26-2018, 08:59 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	982.9 KB
ID:	241314 This is a scroll that my father brought back with him from Indonesia in 1939 when he dropped out of high school and travelled around the world on a boat as a kitchen worker. It's long, covers the entire length of the wall, and it depicts a war among humans, gods and devils. See all the flying arrows?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend the American movie "The 13th Floor" that is based on the book Simulacron 3 as well. There was a German movie made too, but not nearly as good. The book, and movie will get you kinda wa wa wondering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Td2AYIFIiw

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus I have the attention span of a newt where films are concerned....is it any good? Thanks for adding this info mate, really appreciate the gesture

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      It is excellent.

Chemdog M defoliated at 3 odd weeks which is good as temps coming down with Autumn and the leaves removed were showing indications of heat stress. New leaves growing should remain healthier in lower temps. Above the frame`s ring and below upper growth the lower nodes are now sprouting leaves. With increased light this should hopefully assist the process or she`ll just be a lass with legs up to her armpits. Who can say. Pic 1 before defoliation and Pic 2 after.
    I`m more familiar with growth as shown by Bud Bud and Purple and whilst not as tall as I`d like I reckon that next grows in cooler times will add height-not a great deal as I like to work around 30"or just above but doubt these will get above 26". Mind you, you need a couple of grows with a strain to come to grips with her-well, I do.
    Pic 3 shows Bud Bud
    Pic 4 shows Purple E

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich, Morning Mate, man you skint back Chemdog bigly this time didn't you, that's a hellava lot more than I've ever done, can't wait to she how this turns out, I hope she turns out great.
      That's what I need to start doing with these autos, just to see what they can take, pretty sure they can take anything after watching Green75, do his thing.
      Is that the only one your gonna do like that ? Your other plants look great too.
      I know we grew from the same Oaxacan sativa seeds forever ,outdoors and we rarely out of 10-15 plants, had over 4-5 look and grow the same,
      But these seed banks have come a long way with their seeds, we didn't know what we were doing.
      Have a nice day.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah D.A.A.S.69 Next week the same to the other 2 though they have lots of small leaves which I leave. I know where I am with those 2 and they`re doing fine

Well, I`m more than willing to admit it, I`ve royaly screwed this grow up on Chemdog. That last defol done her. Too hard and she`s reeling. My fault. Prob I do have for me is I have limited understanding on how to tackle these long stem, limited smaller leaf covering, large fan leafed girls. With the others there are loads of smaller leaves that still fuel the growth supported by teas. Don`t get me wrong, this is not the fault of defoliation but me as I really like to see how far I can go and did give this lass hell. Temps have also not helped being around the 28.5 C or 83F mark since I booted the lights up. There is some lower leaf growth coming through but it aint gonna save the day, that`s for sure. Ah well, live and learn....Pics 1 & 2
    Pic 3 is Purple. Leaves showing a bit of slight heat/ light stress but she`s good and I reckon that with cooler temps I can get her a bit taller again in another grow that`s on the way.
    Pic 4 shows Bud Bud which is doing nicely.
    Both Purple and Bud Bud go for 3 week defol next week

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup Sending you a private message in a bit.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich, Well, you learned some more valuable information on that ChemDog,
      Maybe next time you get a plant with those same traits, big fans an such, just remove the inside leaves, not saying ,it helps but that's the first leaves I start removing, are the inside leaves.
      She's still gonna make some tasty ,killer nugs though.
      alltatup, Your right about those real landrace sativas, like the Oaxacan we used to grow, and still gonna grow again outdoors. We grew alot in the swamps where there was Willow trees every where, and our plants leaves, looked just like the willow trees leaves, super long, narrow, and skinny.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 Good advice there mate. Many thanks. Will follow next Chem for sure. This Chem is still a positive experience. I haven`t finished with her yet

Well, not gonna let Chemdog M beat me. This grow might leave a lot of desired improvement in technique but what I`ve learned on this lass will be put to the test on this cutting that`s rooted and now under-going LST

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent spread of bud sites!! Now let the solar panels (leaves) do what they posed to do.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich, those ladies, are looking very nice ! Very healthy looking plants, beautiful colored green.
      Have a great day, Mate

Heat is the fickle fiend that is jumping up and down repeatedly on my nuts with size 12 Doc Martens which might explain the way I`m walking at the moment. Looked into the running costs of AC...coming in far too expensive for me to justify. One day though. Did think about CO2 but figured I`d probably take myself and my neighbours off this mortal coil if I mucked about with it. Either that or just plain blow the house up.
    Anyway, for first grows very happy with how Purple and Bud are going. With cooler temps I reckon I can improve on height by several inches and less heat stress will be evident. Also thinking of better ways to improve use of that frame structure which is really helpful for me.
    Bud Bud-Pic 1 before I did anything. Pic 2 post doing some defoliation which is it for the remainder of the grow. Reckon 8 weeks max should see her at harvest if I remember correctly from a couple of years ago. Pics 3-4 some bud sites
    Purple E...Very little info about her but she`s coming along okay though has suffered the most from heat stress sadly. Window open, flaps opened and back door and upper windows open so there is a through draft as the tent closed just goes ape heat wise. Pics 5-8 before I did anything then Pic 9 after I`d been mucking about with her and Pic 10...trimmings
    Pic 11...pains me to see this but a fantastic learning experience and I would like to thank D.A.A.S.69 and alltatup for their kind words and advice. I`m gonna continue with another Chem grow after this to see if I can rectify the outcome
    What`s this Games malarky. Jon Snow wouldn`t stand a chance against Ragnar let alone Rollo and Bjorn`s pretty tasty with an axe as well...just watched the attack on Paris...stirring stuff, taking the walls, hand to hand, no quarter...bloody glad I wasn`t there though, don`t like heights.
    Wishing everyone a lovely day
    Last edited by PaganRich; 09-03-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup No I didn`t really get it. Was being a bit thick. Sorry

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 Morning D, hope you`re good mate. Thank you

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see some huge kolas on those girls

oldjarhead100 Thanks mate...I`m finally getting somewhere in really using the frame to better advantage. This is a Red Diesel which is pokey but active...good party smoke...reckon she`ll pack 3-4 inches by sat and will flip...so I`m happy with these stubbier girls and might just stay on these types and really work at getting good pics and colas. Not Scrogging, just supporting so no over and under melarky. I think I`m finally getting somewhere with my grows this year. Thanks for all the support and encouragement mate, really appreciate it

Comment

Well, this is the next generation of the Chem taken from a cutting. I`m gonna see how this one fairs

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich You're just "ok" without fur? You gave the Chem Dog mama a Brazilian wax job!!! Let your plants have their solar panels/fur/feeders.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup Ah right, you`re on about that....thought you were talking about something else....I really don`t know how to respond to that wax statement without getting myself into a pickle. Lass, when you dance with the Devil you get burnt. I shall also ponder your advice and have a think

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich Yes indeed, beware of mixing wax and pickles!!!

But we are talking on (at least) two different levels: if ever there were a doble entendre, this were it...

oldjarhead100 D.A.A.S.69 Anyone else please feel free to pile in.... Lads, I`ve got problems and I`m a hairs breath from cutting these 2 girls down and switching one of the lights off...actually I might just do that and cut my losses. Amount of electric, time, effort, nutes plus I`m royally f##ked off....hand is twitching towards the shears that`s for sure.
    Pic 1-2 shows Veg tent...400w light and its fine.....so no issues right
    Pic 3 shows Bud..slight tip burn (mega slight) 3-or 4 small lower leaves yellowing but seems to be okay. Height from 600w between 20-22"
    Now this is where the fun starts. I run a dehumidifier in the tent overnight, small thing but adds a little heat through air. Got passive air intake as well as 6" fan. Exhaust is 6" fan though attached to a 5" air cooled tube and another 4" fan attached to another 5" tube. Bulbs are 2x 600w. Tent is 240 x 120. Heat has usually been around 82.5-88f and 77f at night since I flipped them. I`ve re-rigged airflow in that time and have 3 fans 24/7. Twice plain teas to one feed and easy on nutes added by about 50% of usual. Seaweed in the mix.
    So Red Diesel and Bud are okay. Chemdog is shagged and now clawing and leaves are going yellow/ white throughout. Purple E is the same. Pic 4-5 shows Purple, Pic 6 shows Chem. Average height from lights 20-22"
    This is my thoughts...these are indicas, it`s been consistently too hot and 3 weeks of environmentally hot conditions has caused overall heat stress resulting in yellowing. This then produced a breakdown between soil/ leaf water evaporation and I`ve now noticed the soil is staying roughly the same weight so they`re not drinking which then leads to root problems. Everythings stopped grow wise except the continuing yellowing with the clawing just developing. Only good news is temps are down to 75.5-81.5f and with temps now falling cos of Autumn should be able to stabalise around that. (Next year the main tent is shutting down between late June til start of Sept...limited grows in veg tent instead)
    Now, is it worth keeping these going cos I don`t want shit buds to smoke or waste time/ effort growing shit buds. That will seriously niggle me. Do I cut my losses or is there wiggle room here. I can`t use 400`s as the tent is too big and they`re not powerful enough for my yield requirements. Do you think I`m reading this right? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading and any thoughts guys
    Last edited by PaganRich; 09-08-2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Thank`s jarhead. Appreciated mate
      Last edited by PaganRich; 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Pagan, So sorry for the heat struggles!!! Is the clawing nitrogen-related? I sure hope they stabilize: they look like they still have a lot of life in them.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup No, not nitrogen but I`m thinking clawing from water not being used up in the soil so it`s just a waiting game but thank you for your thoughts

How goes it brother. The heats a mean bitch. Finished up last round bout 4 or 5 weeks ago was bout to have to run auxiliary a.c. but toughed it out but light on temps in low 80s. I wouldn't give up on ur girls. My brother just finished up a grow where he defoliated or schwazed or what have u. I go hard but he went lead pipe hard. Basically left the top set of fans. He did it at 3 and took em bout 3 to boom back. I don't know what kind of nutes ur using or how there chelated. But it's edta derived I wouldn't use em. Killing the bennies in ur tea. I'm no expert this is just what I do. I would make the opposite tea uve been doing. If u been bacterial I would go fungal. The diversity will help balance ph if that's ur problem. I also do herbal tea chickery has lots of silica. I put aloe in almost everything. Also do the sst. I switch to barley and alfalfa in flower. Happy gardening

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      redbeard Thanks Red, some really good advice there...cheers mate and like your bruv`s headspace

Heat is our biggest foe right? I'm not growing peak hot season next year too. Too expensive. But I can make it more efficient, so thats my next chore when the $ is there.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      NAKEDGARDENER Just keep an eye on your mrs mate. He does like to come around and shag bloke`s mrs. Bit of an ongoing character flaw of his

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich. Thanks for that advice but my wife is Medusa so if he gets out alive he’s welcome lol

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      NAKEDGARDENER I think I dated her sister mate

Ya know if I owned my home, I would invest in a solar panel and battery bank to run my grow room. A significant up front cost, but here in California it would pay for itself in the first grow.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      yup its the start up cost that keeps millions from going solar , had them come out to talk they would of put the max amount of panels on roof ,I would of saved 40 on my bill but paying for panels for 20 years no thank you

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Are they good for 20yrs? Having a laugh at that timeframe. Like a mortgage

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Govt's still giving hefty refunds for going solar: https://news.energysage.com/congress...ar-tax-credit/

It makes a significant difference in my bill.
      I couldn't have done it without the tax credit.
      Last edited by alltatup; 09-10-2018, 01:46 PM.

I have worked hard at getting the temp down to a point that my whole house acts as a glorified wind tunnel removing the hot air via the through breeze. At present thats okay as nothing is smelling much and temps are dropping as Autumn rears it`s head. Have also worked hard on airflow extraction within the tent and now my average temps are around the 78-79f mark. However the damage is well and truly done and if it wasn`t that the structuring/ Manifolding was some of the best I`ve done this year, I`d chop both the Chemdog and Purple down immediately as they are a curse upon my poor old eyes. I`ve got another Chem vegging but if it`s that type of growth again then it will be my last for that strain.
    Pic 1-Back left is the Bud Bud. Reckon she can shake this heat strain off and her two neighbours are totally happy in there and showing no signs of heat stress. I`m thinking that Bud Bud will hit new leaf growth as she`s still within that window of growth opportunity and they will not be affected.
    Pic 2-Itching to chop both of these down, (Pic 3). Left is Purple, right is Chem...got some really nice Purple vegging at the moment and positive on this lass for the future.

Comment

Jury is out but I`m thinking of taking the Chemdog down and maybe running the Bud and Purple to the bitter end but I`m twitching with the shears to remove this visual blot. Will I chop...if nought happens within next few days then it doesn`t look good for a healthy retirement for them that`s for sure...perhaps I should just cut my losses though I`m only down about 30 notes a plant I`d reckon, if that and I`ve still got girls` still needing to veg so it`s not urgent
      Pic 1 Chem...sigh
      Pic 2...Purple...sigh
      Pic 3 (Back left) Bud...sigh

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Tis a tad frustrating my friend to put it mildly. Just put another Chem in to flower but my hearts not in it and reckon this was a one off...well, two off...that Tut...10 seeds and only one rolled out half decent, rest were awful yet the reputation ain`t too bad with some good grow reports out there. Think the strain may be still too unstable which I think I read plagued earlier versions
        Last edited by PaganRich; 09-16-2018, 06:15 AM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich I think the problem with the Chemdog was improper defoliation, plain and simple. You can't remove all the solar panels and expect a plant to perform photosynthesis...

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup Definitely not my finest grow Atu, that`s for sure and I think you make a valid observation which is appreciated. However, after watching this NASA programme the other night I am and have altered my approach slightly. Good ole NASA, firmly planting dis-information concerning ancient aliens and civilizations into the 21st century

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X